• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves (XB1/PC) Gameplay Reveal - Xbox E3 2016

"Look, you can only try our game if you give us craaaazy reactions okay?"

Game looks allright. I prefer the gritty tone of Blackwake over this personally.

Philippo

I want to be a pirate with my friends so fucking bad!
Will definitely try if i'll have a decent PC by the time it comes.

Extremely uninterested in the pirates theme and the multiplayer, but after Rare Replay, Rare has so much goodwill with me that I'll try anything!

Commentary seemed very genuine to me. I mean, it's a bunch of Rare fans playing, how can it not be?
It was totally genuine. The game is a blast to play. There were so many memorable moments from those sessions that came about organically because of the sandbox their building.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
This game looks so rad
tumblr_o8q1rf38xy1u9sxgno1_500.gif

Nutted but she still suckin

I smiled all the way through this, looks great fun. Usually those floating heads come across as cheesy and forced, but they genuinely appeared to be having a blast. Kudos Rare.

This was by far my favorite game at the show.
Just love the style they are going for. The idea of you having an actual crew that has to rigg up your boat to make it sea worthy is so rad.

Also that water was AMAZING

The fan reactions were super annoying to me in the video (I muted it), but I do believe they were genuine in the same way that Let's Play commentary is genuine in games like GTA Online. People play those games and film themselves for their reactions to moments in the game, it's not for me and I don't do that stuff, but some people really like it.

Vico

Loved the demo, but they really need to show that there is more to this game. For now it seems empty, both literally in the world and in the game mechanics.

JaggedSac

Game looks like great fun. Love the art style. Terrible gameplay reveal. No offense to the good fans that were in it, but I'm not a fan of listening to that sort of chatter.

psyfi

Banned
This game looks so dope. Definitely my highlight of the conference, and I'm generally turned off by pirate themed things.

Neiteio

Wow, that looks great!

I wonder what the players do once their ship is sunk, though. Like how do they get a new one? Can they swim really fast and overtake another player's ship?

Gnomist

Is there a preview floating around out there that gives us some more info? Is this small scale co-op or is it like a pirate-themed DayZ where anything goes and all your stuff can get stolen by other bands of pirates?

Granjinha

This was by far my favorite game at the show.
Just love the style they are going for. The idea of you having an actual crew that has to rigg up your boat to make it sea worthy is so rad.

Also that water was AMAZING

Yeah, the more i think about it the more i like it. All of it seemed VERY dinamic and natural, too.

All of it seems to be coming together really well. Seems like a nice comeback for Rare. :)

What they showed during the conference looked really bad. But I'm not sure if that was due to the game or due to the shittiness of the exaggerated shouting of the "players" pretending to play the game rubbing off on my perception of the game.

Feeling forced to put in people very obviously pretending to enjoy a game is not a sign of confidence. Good gameplay speaks for itself

Sou Da

What they showed during the conference looked really bad. But I'm not sure if that was due to the game or due to the shittiness of the exaggerated shouting of the "players" pretending to play the game rubbing off on my perception of the game.

Feeling forced to put in people very obviously pretending to enjoy a game is not a sign of confidence. Good gameplay speaks for itself

Those were all people that made videos for a contest to get a chance to play the game first, some of em are on GAF.

Looked really good. I'm only concerned on what will keep me hooked on the game after the initial wow factors. Also the way they demo'd it, it seems heavily dependent on having a group to play with that has mics.

Those were all people that made videos for a contest to get a chance to play the game first, some of em are on GAF.

If that's the case, they were too heavily directed to come off as excited. Didn't feel realistic even if they genuinely enjoyed it. No one would be shouting that loudly in an actual session

dLMN8R

At least the commentary during this demo was bearable compared to the atrocious commentators from the Battlefield 1 gameplay yesterday....I literally didn't watch the BF1 demo because the commentators were so incredibly obnoxious. Had to turn it off after 30 seconds.

Durock

I assure you that we were not faking it. I understand how it may come across that way, but it wasn't. It was legitimate expressions from us having a blast with the game. It's seriously a lot of fun!

Top Bottom