• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

I would argue Dragonfall was the best crpg in 8 years (The Witcher 1 in 2007 would be next up).

I'm trying to keep my hype in check because story quality can be so subjective but Hong Kong has big dragon-sized shoes to fill.

kiyoaki

And we have a release date!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/posts/1303417

Mitch here, with just enough bandwidth to pull my head out of polishing the game to let you know that Shadowrun: Hong Kong has an official release date! During the Kickstarter, we estimated that we would release the game in August… and that’s why we’re releasing the game in August!
August 20th, 2015 at 10am PST, to be specific. On Steam, GoG, & Humble
We’ll be sending out another update in the next couple of weeks regarding how to get your keys from BackerKit and an update on all the remaining Kickstarter rewards.

So cool we'll be getting this before the end of August. Check out the update on Kickstarter, it also has some new screenshots.

That's just under a month away! That's 11 days less than I was expecting as well. I've been looking forward to this a lot. I just hope my toaster of a laptop can run this as well as it could Dragonfall.

kiyoaki

That's just under a month away! That's 11 days less than I was expecting as well. I've been looking forward to this a lot. I just hope my toaster of a laptop can run this as well as it could Dragonfall.
I worry a bit about this, too, since my iMac is already 5 years old. OTOH, Dragonfall DC ran much smoother on it than the original version of Dragonfall or Returns.

Fjordson

Man I'm in the same boat lol. Hope my struggle laptop can run this. Shitty ass Dell.

I need to bite the bullet and get some real hardware soon.

Browny

Banned
I may well accidentally book some holiday so I can get a good run at it. Very hyped, as I really enjoyed the first two.

Matrix Update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-kong/posts/1317355?ref=backer_project_update

matrix02.jpg

matrix03.jpg

matrix04.jpg

Plus some animated images I couldn't link for some reason - go look!

So that's how the new Matrix looks and sounds, but how does it play? Well, we've revised a lot of Matrix systems and added some really fun new stuff such as Watcher IC and Blocker IC which really ramp up the tension of diving into cyberspace and provide a much greater variety of gameplay than before. We'd love to go into more detail but - every minute we can spend testing and polishing the game right now is vital. We hope to tell you more about Matrix gameplay in the coming weeks, or you can see it for yourself on August 20th!

cj_iwakura

I wanted to make a thread title reminiscent of 'Whore of the Orient', but I can't think of any good rhymes. :( Suggestions in general welcome.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh man that looks stylish

Edit: Dat soundtrack.
naga-song1.gif

I hope Runners Eternal still makes an appearance though.

ricki42

Can't wait to make yet another decker. It's the only way to play.

Agreed! Though in Shadowrun Returns I felt my main character was a bit useless as a Decker. But I got to do a lot more in Dragonfall, more situations where you can use decking to avoid fighting or at least make the fights easier. I hope it stays that way!

I've been playing Dragonfall as a Decker to see how it is. I miss my street samurai, allout attacking character. It isn't bad mind, but I am playing on hard to see how it is and it feels better.

I'm not going decker in Hong Kong because I really like Is0bel's design. If she's a good character I'm just going to use her for my decking stuff.

Agreed! Though in Shadowrun Returns I felt my main character was a bit useless as a Decker. But I got to do a lot more in Dragonfall, more situations where you can use decking to avoid fighting or at least make the fights easier. I hope it stays that way!

The whole multitiered encounters that pop up in the games are what make having your character as a decker so much fun! You plug in and intrude, while the rest of the team desperately fires a hail of bullets down the opposite hallway in a race against time.

Not going for SMGs this time, though...the last time was a mistake. Pistols are much more suited for that.

epmode

I've never gone pure Decker. I've been playing Dragonfall this week as a mage - tons of fun there.

I've had a good time with a decker+rigger! All of the hacking with some decent combat skills.

I was thinking about switching to some kind of mage in Hong Kong, though. The NPC crew already has a decker and rigger!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super hyped for the game, can't wait to play. :D

I loved running a decker in both SR and Dragonfall, but I'm also considering trying something different this time around 'cause Isobel looks cool and I want her in my party. Thinking street samurai probably.

ricki42

The whole multitiered encounters that pop up in the games are what make having your character as a decker so much fun! You plug in and intrude, while the rest of the team desperately fires a hail of bullets down the opposite hallway in a race against time.

Not going for SMGs this time, though...the last time was a mistake. Pistols are much more suited for that.

I went with pistols, smartlink is a really nice feature. I kind of regretted not going for rigging, since my team ended up not having a rigger at all. But I built a decker/rigger in Shadowrun Returns, and didn't like it that much, since I felt the drones weren't enough of a benefit to make up for the lost mobility of the rigger. Can't really decide if I want to go decker/pistol or decker/rigger in Hong Kong.

jrcbandit

I went Decker/rigger in Dragonfall but the rigger aspect took too long to get decent (3 AP level), although they get really overpowered at the 4 AP, class S level. I liked my troll melee build which was really overpowered after getting physical adept 3 skill double attack that almost always criticals.

Not sure what I'm going to play in Hong Kong.

Browny

Banned
Any pictures of those figures yet? I want to see what I've missed out on..
If I remember correctly, they're due for delivery around October (along with the messenger bag).

I guiltily went for both...

I'm super hyped for the 20th - although I'll probably wait to start playing it (just getting stuck into Deus Ex HR).

kiyoaki

Scroll down HBS's twitter feed a bit for some previews of the backer character portraits. The art looks gorgeous as always.

I'll be a mage in Hong Kong, as it seems to complement the party in the best way. Less than a week now.

Lime

If I remember correctly, they're due for delivery around October (along with the messenger bag).

I guiltily went for both...

I'm super hyped for the 20th - although I'll probably wait to start playing it (just getting stuck into Deus Ex HR).

Cool, don't forget to take pictures and upload them! I want to see what I missed out on :p - I was really close to pledging at that level, but shipping was too expensive for me.

Vamphuntr

Scroll down HBS's twitter feed a bit for some previews of the backer character portraits. The art looks gorgeous as always.

I'll be a mage in Hong Kong, as it seems to complement the party in the best way. Less than a week now.

Yeah decided to go with mage too. In Dragonfall I went Decker for obvious party composition but this time it seems mage is the way to go.

Are we going to get our keys in advance?

Lime

I hope they will allow us to do the same for their Battletech Kickstarter with pilots to hire for the mercenary company.

GavinUK86

I am so jealous of those backer portraits, they're amazing.

Are we going to get our keys in advance?

Probably. I expect an update on Monday or Tuesday with more details.

Linkark07

Banned
It seems they are sending the keys.

Question though, I tried to redeem my GoG key and the page says Code Expired. Anybody else got the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom