• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U/3DS: 3 Character Slots & 3 Stage Slots Found in Recent Patch Data (1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf is a better character than Fox in every conceivable way. There's no way they'd bring fucking Roy back but not him. Blame Nintendo for delaying Star Fox Zero.

Red Devil

I just want Wolf back.

Also I'm glad people calling Wolf a clone are now certified trolls.

Pretty sure Miku isn't a "waifu".

Also just clarifying. She is a vocaloid, a personification of a software dedicated for making synthetic voices that eventually became used in video games. In a sense, she is ROB. While she is not a video game character (in a strict sense), she is in a tier higher than Naruto or Goku. It is like saying ROB shouldn't be in Smash because he is a peripheral.

If she gets in perhaps people could begin shipping R.O.B. + Miku.

I bet K. Rool got in, and perhaps Wolf is returning, I don't see Pichu returning to be honest.

jackal27

Banned
Jackal27 pls. I would love to see Isaac being in the game but his chance is like 0.000001% ;_;

I wouldn't write him off. I think he has a decent chance. Nintendo exclusive, lots of fans, history with Smash. There's a chance. Either way, I play Project M more than Smash 4 and he DEFINITELY coming to that!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People wouldn't like Miku because she uses Japanese memes for attacks.

like those leekspins and the glomp.

Sooo... What's the basis for the Wolf rumor? And are people still saying Shovel Knight due to the amiibo (which is pretty shoddy reasoning) or is there more evidence for him that I missed?

Neoxon

Sooo... What's the basis for the Wolf rumor? And are people still saying Shovel Knight due to the amiibo (which is pretty shoddy reasoning) or is there more evidence for him that I missed?
  • People are saying Wolf because he's the last somewhat unique veteran with no legal or technical issues holding him back (besides Ivysaur & Squirtle).
  • The Shovel Knight in Smash rumor, started by Tamaki of Unseen64, was independent of the Amiibo rumors.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Miku busts onto the scene

tumblr_m046vfjrki1qb1m9to1_500.gif

You thought it was Miku, but it was me, Mikudayo!

• People are saying Wolf because he's the last somewhat unique veteran with no legal or technical issues holding him back (besides Ivysaur & Squirtle).
  • The Shovel Knight in Smash rumor, started by Tamaki of Unseen64, was independent of the Amiibo rumors.

So nothing backing up Wolf other than "he makes sense".

And now that you say it I think I remember that Shovel Knight rumor now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would be shocked if Wolf didn't make in final roster.

I wouldn't write him off. I think he has a decent chance. Nintendo exclusive, lots of fans, history with Smash. There's a chance. Either way, I play Project M more than Smash 4 and he DEFINITELY coming to that!

lots of fans might be exaggerating since the minority is way more loud on the forum, comparing to many fans out there that are casual. They might vote for common characters like Daisy, Toad, Dixie, etc.

Did they ever announce the release date for Isaac (Project M)

TDLink

People are assuming Wolf will be in because he is a veteran character and thus pretty easy to bring over compared to making a character from scratch. 3 out of 4 of the DLC characters we have so far are Veterans. And due to Ice Climbers being cut, Konami (and thus Snake) not making more console games, and Squirtle/Ivysaur being part of Pokemon Trainer (and us already having a lot of Pokemon, including a DLC pokemon character) Wolf is the most likely remaining veteran to be added. It would also be a tie-in for the new Star Fox game (and thus make sense for him to have an Amiibo as well, which all Smash characters get).

There's no actual evidence for him or rumours pointing to him, just all this obvious stuff is making people feel he's a guarantee.

For Shovel Knight, the Unseen 64 guy said he has a reliable source that told him Shovel Knight is in the game. So I guess that remains to be seen. Allegedly Smashboards mods also know about him and have seen footage of him, but they're pretentious assholes who love holding secrets over other peoples' heads, so it's not like that's a real confirmation (and could just be a bluff to perpetuate them "being in the know").

jackal27

Banned
I would be shocked if Wolf didn't make in final roster.

lots of fans might be exaggerating since the minority is way more loud on the forum, comparing to many fans out there that are casual. They might vote for common characters like Daisy, Toad, Dixie, etc.

Did they ever announce the release date for Isaac (Project M)

Nah no release date. He hasn't even been officially announced. All I know is that the gifs that leaked of him came out at the same time the in progress Bowser's Castle stage was leaked and that just came out a few months ago. I'd say not too much longer now! Can't wait to see who else is in the works

TDLink

Except R.O.B. is tied to Nintendo, R.O.B. is on the same level of having a Wii Balance Board.

To be fair, I think ROB has a bit more personality than literally a board. At least he has eyes and arms and stuff. He also has appeared in Mario Kart (and a sort-of version of him is in Star Fox as well).

Boss Doggie

Weird, I could have sworn ROB was a Nintendo character created solely to be used with video games. Oh, that's right, he is. I know a character that isn't though!

So is Miku though, hell I posted it in the post you quoted. Stop bringing up Nintendo as though 3rd parties don't exist.

Except R.O.B. is tied to Nintendo, R.O.B. is on the same level of having a Wii Balance Board.

And we have third parties in the game.

I'm not for or against her, I just dislike people getting the wrong facts.

She isn't a video game character. So is ROB.

Well, ROB is important in video games! Well so did she (synthesizer technology used in rhythm games eventually becoming its own niche genre). Hell she started the vocaloid shtick.

Well, ROB got video game appearances too! Well so did she, hell she even is a star in a few of those, which is more than I can say for Mr. Cameo Robot.

Well, ROB is first party. Well then we got third parties here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Vocaloid characters can be anything. Their even getting books based from some of the several part songs like Daughter of Evil from Rin and Len.

They are characters and used in ways exactly like Mario is in every single one of his spin-offs. Actors in a play.

Red Devil

To be fair, I think ROB has a bit more personality than literally a board. At least he has eyes and arms and stuff. He also has appeared in Mario Kart (and a sort-of version of him is in Star Fox as well).

But, ROB like the Wii Balance Board and the Super Scope was a peripheral first.

Boss Doggie

Again, just wanting to get facts straight. Simply stating that Miku is an "anime character like Naruto" is hilarious and ignorant, at the same time shortchanges the character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Again, just wanting to get facts straight. Simply stating that Miku is an "anime character like Naruto" is hilarious and ignorant, at the same time shortchanges the character.

It's cute how defensive you are with Miku! :p

Nah no release date. He hasn't even been officially announced. All I know is that the gifs that leaked of him came out at the same time the in progress Bowser's Castle stage was leaked and that just came out a few months ago. I'd say not too much longer now! Can't wait to see who else is in the works

Alright. Yeah, I saw those gifs. It was quite interesting.

Zyrox

Waluigi
Liquid Waluigi
Pink Gold Waluigi

Make it happen Sakurai.

I'd like Wolf, Snake and/or Jack Frost.

Boss Doggie

It's cute how defensive you are with Miku! :p

You seriously think I'm a fan of her? lol

What's so defensive about stating the facts? Is it anymore "defensive" than telling people how wrong they get certain Pokemon stuff, or how they get certain aspects of Smash wrong?

No, like I said, I just dislike ignorance. It breeds misinformation, which is the root of all evil.

Illucio

Banned
I must say, if this all pans out and we get seven total DLC characters...

48 base characters + Three Mii Fighters + 7 DLC characters = 58 characters. That's pretty insane we made it this far.

That actually surpasses the amount of characters in MVC2, lol.

If we get 3 more DLC characters I would fight for at least 3 more after that.

If we got 61 character straight up I'd be extremely content with that amount of character.

I'm already assuming Wolf will be 1 of those characters.

Then my assumption based on US and Japan's DLC demand/mock ballot polls the other 2 may be:
K. Rool
Inklings

Then if we can get 3 more after that I'm fine with anything else.

edit:
So is ROB so I don't see your point.
Well ROB practically saved consoles and gaming almost as a whole in the 80's so he had a huge impact in Video game history, as well the reason why the NES preformed so well and was able to help sell people onto the console during a time when games and consoles weren't selling. So no, your point isn't very valid.

TDLink

But, ROB like the Wii Balance Board and the Super Scope was a peripheral first.

Yes but even when he was just a peripheral he still had personality. He was humanoid and had big ol' eyes. He was a character, not just a board or a gun.

Boss Doggie

I just hope we get a nice wolf redesign. Not a fan of all the leather he used in brawl

You take that back, he's suave there! It fits his "werewolf" fighting style!

The only thing I'll take is making him shirtless and/or a WereGarurumon reference.

Naw, I already know that you are not super fan of her. I was just teasing you. (That's why I used :p) :x

no harm done then!

Hatchtag

Banned

Not to get too off topic, but there's a hint for something on the 4th. Probably nothing, but dammit I want Knuckle and Lynn. They leaked almost a year ago and looked at least 50-70% complete. Obviously they still needed a couple more animations, balance adjustments and proper UI things, but watch this and tell me there's no way those two characters could be finished by now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbgK__kUR4

Camjo-Z

I'm so glad that one day I'll be able to look back and know that I was on the right side of history with issues like gay marriage, abortion, gun control, and Miku in Smash.

TDLink

I am going to laugh, btw, if Goku ever seriously gets into the game. He's no doubt received a ton of votes even if not being originally a game character makes him "ineligible". The company who makes Smash 4 actually does own his rights and he has, at this point, appeared in a ton of video games. It's in the realm of possibility that he is added as a second Namco rep.

I don't seriously expect it, and I'll seriously laugh if it happens. I just want to acknowledge that it is a possibility though, however remote.

I still hope Wonder Red gets in.

I'd like Hades too but I've sort of given up hope on him just because I see no one else talking about him.

My input on the other "popular" picks:

Bandana Dee - Dumb. Literally grasping at straws for another Kirby character...it'd be like putting in a Goomba.

King K Rool - Not the best character around, but sure why not.

Dixie Kong - I feel like a third Kong would be less interesting than K Rool, but I'd still welcome her.

Chibi Robo - I think some cool things could be done with the plug. A whip style moveset still hasn't been fully mined, despite Zero Suit Samus.

Isaac - Golden Sun is unfortunately a dead franchise but psynergy could lead to a really fantastic moveset. I'd love this choice. Hopefully he's more on the side of Robin though rather than Marth. We have a few too many straight swordsmen.

Krystal - A spear character would be an interesting addition...but no thanks. They're retconing her out of Star Fox with the new game anyways so it's pretty unlikely.

Paper Mario - Absolutely not. Paper Mario is cool and all but we already have multiple Marios. We don't need more.

Inklings - Almost seems like a no-brainer. Only reason they wouldn't happen is if they "save" them for the next Smash...but I don't see the real point in doing that. They're Nintendo's hot new IP and could have a really cool and unique moveset. I'd enjoy them as a choice also.

I think that's all the truly popular choices (from what I've seen) covered. If the ballot is legit (and the "votes" I've seen expressed on the Internet are accurate), the characters will probably be some of these. I guess Wonder Red, Inklings, and Isaac are my 3 top choices if I had to pick from these choices which appear most popular.

What would you guess for next few characters?

I'd bet Wolf because he was likely intended for release alongside Star Fox. Other two, who knows. If Roy and Ryu hadn't leaked, them releasing alongside Lucas would have been a real head scratcher.

I don't think the game is getting major DLC past this set unless it's really, really successful. Mario Kart sold better and they ended it right at the year mark. Sakurai seems really eager to be done and out, I am sure Namco wants to free up its staff. This seems like it will be a mid-November release (i.e. right around when Star Fox was going to come out originally) and then see you in Smash 5 with inklings and Alma and whoever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom