• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Pre-order Up @ Walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

God bless ya Wario. Having those annoying notifications on the past few weeks paid off!

Would prefer an Amazon preorder so I'm not canceling my amazon.co.uk order juuuuuust yet though.

Lucent

Woohoo! Got two! And I got to use my employee discount. =D

I really hope they can fulfill all of these preorders.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Well, the charge is technically a 'hold' placed on the amount to be taken out. Wal Marts email explicitly states it puts a hold on it and will do the actual charge when the item ships.

which makes it even funnier that people get upset. If $80 is a lot of money for your financial situation you probably shouldn't be pre-ordering it if you need those funds available for something else...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I did put an order in for one for in-store pickup. Since I've never had the pleasure, can anyone attest to how well that works with them? I can't imagine it's particularly much different from how Best Buy does it.
Its actually easier than BB.

Actually got to it before Wario64 tweeted. :p Good ol' NowInStock. Never failed me once.

Unless you count the NES false alarms that just redirect to a red 2DS bundle at Walmart.

Tevious

Got mine! I was about to leave the house too and then my email alert went off. I raced to get a preorder in, but then Walmart cancelled my first two attempts because they didn't like something about my credit card. Tried my other card and no issues with that one. Hope I get it!

Kindekuma

Banned
No reason not to do pick up right?

No reason really. The temp charge to a card is just for verification purposes, and if you want to snag one now and then wait for a different retailer to provide pre-orders. Just cancel the one now once you can guarantee another order at a different provider.

Gusto

Don't want to be a party pooper but, last time I ordered something this hot at Walmart, they apologized and sent me a $10 gift card for not being able to fulfill my request. Let's just cross our fingers.

cordy

Banned
Can someone explain the hangups about getting charged right away? Are you guys rocking maxed out credit cards?

Tbh even if they were that's not an excuse to get upset with them. People these days calculate their money and sometimes they can't afford something like this without the proper precautions. In the case of this? if they preorder, work extra hours at work and/or find a way to get money before it's time they're good.

Not everybody's rich. Some people live check to check.

you guys who get mad for your cards getting showing a charge for $80 probably shouldn't buy things lol

which makes it even funnier that people get upset. If $80 is a lot of money for your financial situation you probably shouldn't be pre-ordering it if you need those funds available for something else...

Can someone explain the hangups about getting charged right away? Are you guys rocking maxed out credit cards?

So much finance-shaming going on in here.

Money now has a greater value than money in the future.
Finance 101

Just got the preorder from Walmart.. checked my bank statement..charged/placed a hold on my card for the amount of the SNES mini, and addition to that a separate charge for about $23.. is that normal?

Sorry never preordered from walmart before and thought it was weird..

God bless ya Wario. Having those annoying notifications on the past few weeks paid off!

Would prefer an Amazon preorder so I'm not canceling my amazon.co.uk order juuuuuust yet though.

Lol sheeeet I forgot all about my UK Amazon pre-order. But yea, Wario is the only person I have to notify my mobile when he tweets. It's because of him I got an NES classic last year, among savings on countless games and the price errors. Love those especially when they're honored.

Spacebar

I made 3 separate orders. 2 then 1 and 1. For friends who are probably asleep right now and just in case they cancel some orders. Hope it works out for everyone.

maxcriden

You have to go to Walmart.

Did for NES Classic, can do it again. ^^

No reason really. The temp charge to a card is just for verification purposes, and if you want to snag one now and then wait for a different retailer to provide pre-orders. Just cancel the one now once you can guarantee another order at a different provider.

Good deal, thank you! Hoping to be covered between this and Amazon UK....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom