• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So for real guys: Is Silicon Knights making Eternal Darkness 2?

Shiggy

Ah, so this patent means nothing then? Hype deflated.

Don't worry.

1. We know that they are working on Wii U stuff. With even 3rd parties having problems getting Wii u dev kits, it's rather unlikely that they'd hand them to SK to develop a Wii U game for them.
2. 3rd parties are highly unlikely to fund SK projects. Other publishers had huge trouble working with them in the past few years. Why exactly would they ask SK to work on a Wii U exclusive for them when there are safer alternatives? In addition, SK is heavily indebted, another reason why publishers are not exactly eager to work with them.
3. They are just a tad bit too quiet after the recent lawsuit. Either they're in huge trouble with their current publishing partner and don't want to get things worse, or they don't want to overshadow their game's reveal on Tuesday.
4. Dyack's comments also indicate ED2.

I am rather certain that they are working with Nintendo at the moment. Otherwise they would've probably been killed last year.

King_Moc

Banned
It does strike me as odd that the company is still able to survive. It must be years since they turned a profit. Hopefully that points to a Nintendo funded ED2. I'm just worried that it'll be terrible.

Roto13

SK is too busy burning to the ground to make anything.
Q2rpU.gif

I would still love it, but I want it on Wii U. :( But that could be a possibility.
Can you imagine intently staring at the TV screen during a really suspenseful moment and suddenly a horrible face appears on the Wiipad and starts screaming out of the controller's speakers?

Top Bottom