• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"So Well Spoken" (A Podcast) Episode #30: I Can't Believe It's Not The Butters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Episode #32: North Koreans With Attitude
Labor from Q-Games came through to talk with Moris about Q-Games' upcoming game Tomorrow Children for The PS4. Angelus, Moris & Dreams talk Lemonade, Views, Cinco De Mayo & more.

Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TgLoe.jpg

A semi-regular podcast to discuss current events, entertainment, race relations and more.

SoWellSpoken.com
Subscribe On iTunes
SWS On Twitter
RSS Feed
SoWellSpoken@Gmail.com

• Episode #23: What's OJ Got To Do With It?
  • Episode #24: Wu-Tang Button Ups

• Episode #25: Thomas Jefferson Blood

• Episode #26: Professional Podcasters
Angelus, Moris & Slayven talk about an exciting limited time sponsorship opportunity, Ghostface & Martin, Beyonce, Bernie Bros, Master P, The Flash and more.

• Episode #27: Black History Month Finale
  • Angelus, Moris, Slayven & Dream Visions talk about White Cover songs, Beyonce's Formation fallout, Florida's fraud doctor, Dr. Ben Carson and more.

• Episode #28: Hypothetically Sponsored
Angelus, Moris and DreamVisions talk about the struggle for women seeking empowerment, masculinity in minority communities, #NotYourMule and more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Episode #29: Racist Skynet
Angelus, Moris & Slayven discuss hoteps, racist algorithms, facebook trolling, the difficulties of dating & more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Episode #30: I Can't Believe It's Not The Butters
Angelus & Moris talk about Hillary Clinton, Iggy Azalea, secrets that Black America has been hiding, how highway infrastructure was used to disrupt black communities and more.

• Episode #31: Hotep Adjacent
Angelus, Moris & DreamVisions talk about Harriet Tubman getting on the twenty, BuzzFeed's video '27 Questions Black People Have For Black People', Erykah Badu & More..

ReiGun

24 episode spread across two generations. Oh how I loved my grandfathers tales of ye olde Moris and his discussions of white people in Yahoo comments.

....Nah but seriously listening now.

Strike

Was wondering when you guys were going to do another one. Kinda bums me out to see fewer and fewer regulars show up in these things, but I guess that's more of a reflection of BCT than anything.

harSon

Banned
Was wondering when you guys were going to do another one. Kinda bums me out to see fewer and fewer regulars show up in these things, but I guess that's more of a reflection of BCT than anything.

bct doing nothing to disprove negative stereotypes smh

ya'll lazy complacent motherfuckers

Ugh, lol. This thread is proof positive that NeoGAF ultimately is just as bad as GameFAQs a lot of the time. :p Surely it improved since then, but even back then they had the attitude that they were superior, when all they did was say the same shit, but reassure themselves that they were sophisticated!

All that said, great podcast so far! :)

Ugh, lol. This thread is proof positive that NeoGAF ultimately is just as bad as GameFAQs a lot of the time. :p Surely it improved since then, but even back then they had the attitude that they were superior, when all they did was say the same shit, but reassure themselves that they were sophisticated!

All that said, great podcast so far! :)

mafia3reveal.txt

On the one hand: that thread is 12 years old. People can do a lot of growing up and figuring shit out in 12 years.

On the other hand: Jeeeeesus there's a lot of bullshit in there.

Also: Damn, some of you guys have been here for awhile, huh.

Slayven

New show, if you are wondering where I am at, Moris can't tell fucking time. So send angry emails to him

We giving away X-com 2

Moris can give shit away, but can't pay anybody.

But that is another story

Do you guys plan on putting your stuff up on youtube and/or doing any live podcasts? Would be cool to hang out during a live session.

Edit: Whoops, I meant to post this in the other thread. Ill ask in there too just incase.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Fantastic stuff.

edit: Just like LAMG, meant to post this at the other thread. But regardless, congrats!

first time listener and I really enjoyed the experience.

so I started with episode 25
I got to the part where you guys started to talk about Black Culture not really allowed to build their own and historically that black towns would have been burnt down.

You guys started to list examples, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, K-Town.
The point of language playing a role was brought up. Then the brother from Miami added Little Havana as part of the list.

I just wanted to point out that Little Haiti was missing as you moved to the next topic.
You could have a whole podcast about how blacks in America are separated. But as a person who was born in Haiti, I see myself as Black first. All nationalities from outside the US with their own cultures and traditions seem to find themselves in their own part of town.
You can find West Indian Parades during Labor Day in Brooklyn NY and Wash. D.C. But it is only at these parades do those Islands mix.

To me it seems these communities were designed by the immigration practices and policies. You can name any country in Africa and there is a City in the US where people who speak the language are found, they have a part of the city where the first waves allowed in legally were settled. The rest just naturally flow to that location or sent there if they are refugees of war or other crisis back home.

I do not like the separations but Africa is not one country. Africa is made up of many different nations and languages.

But when we talk about race we are the ones truly divided. We easily forget how many shades of black is out there.

The experience of being Black in America. And Black History has many perspectives to draw from.

Fuck! I just had an idea for a new painting about "God's of Egypt" LOL Egypt has been a theme in my Art for a while. Something that was said in the podcast placed this strange image in my head.

Anyway sorry if I went OT but I'll be listening to the other episodes this weekend.

I listened to the latest episode today. I agree BHM has been so lit. Are you going to discuss Kendrick Lamar's Grammy performance in the next episode? And on a nerdier note, Lupe beating Daigo?

On 26: Good episode.

Oh, about the "why racists would hate Tales From the Hood" idea: one of the shorts is about a racist white politician who has a collection of racial caricature dolls (think pickaninny/mammy/etc) and the dolls get their revenge on his ass, as dolls tend to do in horror stories.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah, this show was always great but has been on another level since the fresh start.

These last few episodes have made for some amazing podcast listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom