• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2016 |OT|

What are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DieH@rd

Banned
I have made the successor of my E3 2015 gif

sony-e3-20164lzxk.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just watched the Easy Allies E3 PlayStation Conference Reactions and this really was the best press conference I've seen in ages which is crazy considering last year's. IF a new Red Dead was revealed like it was "supposed to be," I can't even imagine how I would've reacted. That on top of everything else is just fucking mind boggling for me haha.

Kojima walking down the stage with Mad Max Fury Road music had me on my fucking feet and screaming irl, no lie. "I'M BACK!"
#Blessed

It seems strange to me that they would cut Red Dead due to sensitivity towards the Orlando shooting, but replace it with a demo where a guy with a rifle is literally mowing down huge crowds of people/zombies as they are rushing through tight spaces.

Eh Zombies / Real People isn't really the same

UrbanRats

It seems strange to me that they would cut Red Dead due to sensitivity towards the Orlando shooting, but replace it with a demo where a guy with a rifle is literally mowing down huge crowds of people/zombies as they are rushing through tight spaces.
Zombies are zombies I guess.

I don't get it either.

drotahorror

Yea man, I'm sure GAF has some thread or something, maybe search the Sony WWS and partner thread? Off the top

What? I searched for Sony Exclusives and didn't come up with much. Sony WWS didn't come up with much either? Like, wtf is wrong with me asking what all is coming out this year?

Why? Isn't this a good thing? It puts Crash back on the map, now people can show how much they care about the Bandicoot and then he might be back in the gaming world.

Because after that i kept expecting them to show a new Crash game for the rest of the conference, kinda like world of ff/ffviir situation and ended up dissapponted. Instead i only got skylanders which i don't care about and an announcement of the remakes without even a single picture. Crash model looks bad and i hope they Keep that just for skylanders. Anyway I'm happy about the remakes...

valkyre

The only downside is that the majority of the games are nowhere near in sight for at least 1+ years. ( ofcourse I mean new announcements)

A.R.K

Was blown away with the Sony E3. Got me excited again. It was all about games. I thought they could not top E32015 but they almost did. Bravo Sony!

That GOW running in realtime...just wow. The game needed a reboot and this was perfect.

Parch

Good conference. Sony keeps it simple. Show lots and lots of games and you don't need to trot out a dev to talk about everything you show.

Just for pure entertainment I like the Ubisoft show, but Sony getting down to business and showing games is really the purpose of E3. Well done Sony.

geordiemp

Neo is launching this year. $399. Tons of devs got kits, fall games are currently going to be supporting it. You'll be hearing about all this towards August/Sept. The Neo + VR combo is probably going to launch at the end of next year, when they introduce their VR-centric controller that they've been working on.

So the rumoured eurogamer specs are going ahead, no upgrade ?

Ragona

Iam not too disapointed Read Dead wasnt announced yet. If we take its existance for granted by now, the wait from announcement to release will only be shorter, which is a good thing in my books.

Shaneus

I agree with you on the indies. I love those montage sections and trying to quickly decide whether a game is for me or not. As far as Destiny, I mean we all know it's coming but did expect a quick here's the ps exclusive gear.
Late, but how do you mean? In the montage at the end we saw a brief flash of Yooka-Laylee.

Dazza

Amazing conference, truely felt like video games had matured. It had style, class and gravitas. I didn't think it was possible to outdo last years Sony Conference, but from the presentation alone it did easily, it felt like the Oscars.

That live orchestra. Loved it

Yeah, for this - I'd like to formally apologize for anyone who was disappointed or let down by the lack of RDR.

I was pretty confident about it, and misfired for sure. I don't know why it wasn't there, but the best I can do is over my apologies for getting anyone hyped up about it. I know how shitty it can feel to get hyped up for something only for it never to show up.

Again, sorry.

What is your best guess on why it didn't show up?

Simo

Yeah, for this - I'd like to formally apologize for anyone who was disappointed or let down by the lack of RDR.

I was pretty confident about it, and misfired for sure. I don't know why it wasn't there, but the best I can do is over my apologies for getting anyone hyped up about it. I know how shitty it can feel to get hyped up for something only for it never to show up.

Again, sorry.

You're the MVP mate. Don't worry about it!

Wait so it was true about the shooting?

I think they were just talking about the same rumors though? Like Jason from Kotaku last night hadn't heard anything.

For what it's worth ekim here on GAF still says he heard word we may see it announced within 7 days so, keep the faith? lol

THE:MILKMAN

Neo is launching this year. $399. Tons of devs got kits, fall games are currently going to be supporting it. You'll be hearing about all this towards August/Sept. The Neo + VR combo is probably going to launch at the end of next year, when they introduce their VR-centric controller that they've been working on.

Can't believe this post didn't get more attention!

So the leaked doc specs that Giant Bomb and DF have talked about are locked and the retail Neo will be 2.1GHz Jaguar+Polaris 10 36CU @911MHz?

I ask because of other leaks about upgrades to CPU and now GPU plus talk of $500-$600 which sounds crazy to me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Amazing conference, truely felt like video games had matured. It had style, class and gravitas. I didn't think it was possible to outdo last years Sony Conference, but from the presentation alone it did easily, it felt like the Oscars.

That live orchestra. Loved it

It was all wonderful and fantastic, about the only way to follow last year if you dont have straight up megatons. But there were a few surprises i thought were great here too.

Can't believe this post didn't get more attention!

So the leaked doc specs that Giant Bomb and DF have talked about are locked and the retail Neo will be 2.1GHz Jaguar+Polaris 10 36CU @911MHz?

I ask because of other leaks about upgrades to CPU and now GPU plus talk of $500-$600 which sounds crazy to me.

I think there is more wiggle room than we think. I also think Sony has then aiming lower than the console will end up. They knew it would leak. It was bound to happen. Now they can still surprise us a bit

SDCowboy

Best conference I have seen I think. Not in terms of announcements perhaps, but wow, what a show! How will they top this next year?

Since most games we know about now will likely be out by next E3 (hopefully), I think it could easily be topped. Probably tons of new games, and super Neo heavy is my guess.

THE:MILKMAN

I think there is more wiggle room than we think. I also think Sony has then aiming lower than the console will end up. They knew it would leak. It was bound to happen. Now they can still surprise us a bit

If the launch is before the end of this year I really can't see much of any wiggle room if that was the plan all along. Even if Scorpio did surprise them in any way I can't see anything other than tweaked clocks.

If it is launching in Oct/Nov then that gives them 4 or 5 months to ramp up production and make 1 million+ consoles for launch and all the peripheral logistics that comes with that. Not a lot of wiggle room and I would think costly if they decide to delay.

Now to wait..

Mawnster

Ashley Burch voices Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn and I just realised this by re-watching the gameplay they showed at E3...

I already liked the game. But now...

6Tt8l8N.gif

If the launch is before the end of this year I really can't see much of any wiggle room if that was the plan all along. Even if Scorpio did surprise them in any way I can't see anything other than tweaked clocks.

If it is launching in Oct/Nov then that gives them 4 or 5 months to ramp up production and make 1 million+ consoles for launch and all the peripheral logistics that comes with that. Not a lot of wiggle room and I would think costly if they decide to delay.

Now to wait..

I think they were very conservative on the clock speed of the GPU and the CPU was not the one they'd truly go with. we'll bare though

Here's a crazy idea inspired by Sony this year for a E3 press conference that will not happen but could potentially be really cool experiment:

Live orchestra but this time it would be the ONLY thing you hear. There would be no speaking, no audio from the trailers other than the live orchestra playing. Just a big musical crafted to fit the trailers. Like, the God of War music at the start of the conference gave me chills and I'm not even a big fan of the series. It affected me much more than the dialogue ect. of the trailer itself.

Like videogames version of Fantasia.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
A great conference, but man, that's even *without* vids for Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Ni No Kuni 2, etc!! That would've been absolutely insane. Still is, of course. Ps4 lineup is truly stellar.

Hexa

Here's a crazy idea inspired by Sony this year for a E3 press conference that will not happen but could potentially be really cool experiment:

Live orchestra but this time it would be the ONLY thing you hear. There would be no speaking, no audio from the trailers other than the live orchestra. Just a big musical crafted to fit the trailers. Like, the God of War music at the start of the conference gave me chills and I'm not even a big fan of the series. It effected me much more than the dialogue ect. of the trailer itself.

Like videogames version of Fantasia.

Eh... I think that's going too far for an E3 conference.
They could sponsor a gamer symphony orchestra focused on Playstation games as a completely separate event and stream it with trailers playing in the background. I think that would be pretty cool.

Armadilo

Banned
Are you just speculating or what?

Top Bottom