• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Risk Breaker said:
The images look badly compressed too. :(
Actually, the compression is favorable.

They're just frame buffer grabs, which we almost never get.

That's quite solid for a frame buffer grab honestly.

Wazzim

Banned
Last couple of screens:
1306756972mmb9.jpg

1306756973buj0.jpg

1306756974xnpk.jpg

1306756975ench.jpg

1306757079iug5.jpg

13067570803mvy.jpg

So, that's all I think. Gotta go to the Hangover 2 now, have fun.

StuBurns

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised at the PSP2's pixel density Uncharted looks every bit as good as it's PS3 counterpart. Very impressive.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So LittleDeviants has a AR component now?

Sort of sounding like a compilation of stuff to show off features of the system.

Elixist

Wipeout looks early or something kinda fugly. Uncharted looks great, Drakes face is kinda bland, but maybe that'll be worked on a bit not like it matters that much.

Log4Girlz

Fuuuuu at those Wipe Out screens. That's what I pictured for F-Zero Cafe, the gritty, realistic starwars-like texturing. Welp, gonna have to buy a Vita.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
StuBurns said:
I wouldn't be surprised at the PSP2's pixel density Uncharted looks every bit as good as it's PS3 counterpart. Very impressive.

Yeah, that's the other thing to bear in mind... squeeze stuff down onto that screen, and I imagine Wipeout - for example - appears a bit cleaner than it might in one or two of those shots.

Those Uncharted shots are unbelievable!
They must have been touched up in some way, regardless the quality of the graphics on the NGP may be higher than first gen ps3 games which is incredible when you think about it.

This will be mine as long as we get Everybody's golf next as a launch title too.

Minsc

Gold Member
StuBurns said:

Bingo. Resolution vs screen size matters a lot.

Seeing the screens at proper resolution >>> little thumbnails
Seeing the screens at proper pixel density >>> full res on your web browser.

If you had a newer HD smartphone you could get a pretty good idea of how the graphics will appear.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is the first gaming platform I'm going to buy at launch. Absolutely fantastic graphics with some stellar games and some cool looking new ones on the side.

Wipeout, it's time to platinum you again.

StuBurns

Banned
Minsc said:
Bingo. Resolution vs screen size matters a lot.

Seeing the screens at proper resolution >>> little thumbnails
Seeing the screens at proper pixel density >>> full res on your web browser.

If you had a newer HD smartphone you could get a pretty good idea of how the graphics will appear.
The iPhone 4 has the same horizontal resolution as the PSP2, although the pixel density is higher, but it's a decent ballpark for people who want to try it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Uncharted looks great, but with bullshot AA and resolution. Wipeout on the other hand looks painfully direct. Dat aliasing lol.

itxaka

Defeatist
Are you joking? Those Uncharted screens look incredible. Is Uncharted a launch game? Best looking launch game ever?

Nice graphics fo sho. Can't wait to see what third parties can do with this thing.

I am definitely getting one day 1 but I fear for the price of the system. I'm expecting it to be 349 min... but crossing my fingers for a better price.

People wanting/expecting 199-249 are delirious imo.

Jinfash said:
Uncharted looks great, but with bullshot AA and resolution. Wipeout on the other hand looks painfully direct. Dat aliasing lol.

Wipeout's doing some funny low resolution reprocessing through those transparent tracks too, suggests they will have refracted ripples or something like that. Or is that just one screen? Ugh it's confusing.

Nirolak said:
Actually, the compression is favorable.

They're just frame buffer grabs, which we almost never get.

That's quite solid for a frame buffer grab honestly.

Oh, I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Thanks.

Also... holy crap. With the dual analogs, the touchscreen, the touchpad, and this level of technology... holy shit. (Handheld) console of the forever? I really hope that the lack of optical drive and thus bigger space for battery makes it last long enough. My wallet will cry though :(

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
jiggle said:
Reality Fighter should be a pack in freebie

I wouldn't be surprised. After the amount of cool stuff built into the 3DS, Sony will be under pressure to deliver too.

Top Bottom