• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

StuBurns said:
I wouldn't be surprised at the PSP2's pixel density Uncharted looks every bit as good as it's PS3 counterpart. Very impressive.
yeah. based on certain object poly counts and certain low resolution textures, i believe that the final game will look like these screens, but smaller and more aliased.

in other words bloody good looking.

V_Ben

Banned
Wow. I'm almost expecting Little Deviants to come with the system to show it off. Everything look great... Except reality fighter.

Tingfrmnongpradu said:
Nice graphics fo sho. Can't wait to see what third parties can do with this thing.

I am definitely getting one day 1 but I fear for the price of the system. I'm expecting it to be 349 min... but crossing my fingers for a better price.

People wanting/expecting 199-249 are delirious imo.
Remember it will probably be 2 models. I do not think $250 for the wifi is delirious.

Hyphen

Wazzim said:
Dutch sites are posting their impressions too with native res. screens (nvm, they're 720P):
UNCHARTED

tumblr_licz2vWGCs1qakh43o1_400.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Uncharted.... new larger pics... fucking A to the mother fucking mazing... those are godly graphics for the screen setup of the PSP2

Risk Breaker said:
Makes you kinda want a new GT Portable eh? That is more like GT5 (6) and less like GT4, unlike the PSP one.

Only if it's outsourced so that PD can focus on GT6 for the PS4. I don't know who Sony could outsource it to though.

Wazzim said:
http://www.abload.de/img/13067567645j6e.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/1306756767vnle.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/1306756768fucg.png[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/37JtR.jpg

Durante

There's some funny business going on with those wipeout pics. Either the game uses a quarter-res alpha buffer or the screens are from a YUV video. Or something like that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
1-D_FTW said:
Kind of being ignored. Does anyone think the untitled game is from the PixelJunk series?
It definitely could be.

Another possibility is that game from the Everyday Shooter person.

Raist

Banned
Nirolak said:
He is.

The game takes place before Uncharted 1.

Thought it's actually between 1 and 2.
Anyways, looks amazing. Somewhere between DF and AT. That's crazy. Is it developed by ND or outsourced? Think it's the latter but not sure. ND probably keeps a close eye on it anyways.

demosthenes said:
Remember it will probably be 2 models. I do not think $250 for the wifi is delirious.

I hope you're right and I would love to be proven wrong, but it is Sony, and we all know what they are capable of when pricing their hardware. (PSPGo and PS3 at launch)

Fingers definitely crossed for 249 wifi only, I just don't expect it. But what the hell do I know lol.

Ydahs

While the Uncharted shots are clearly bullshots, I don't think it'll look much different to what the finished product will look like. Probably the only difference is not as much AA and probably lower resolution textures in game play (like Uncharted 2 cut scenes vs game play).

Going to be a mighty fine title, but hopefully it sets itself apart from the console iterations.

Also, Wipeout will look great in motion. It's a very paced game so you'll never notice any of the small graphical blemishes in the actual game.

Ydahs said:
While the Uncharted shots are clearly bullshots, I don't think it'll look much different to what the finished product will look like. Probably the only difference is not as much AA and probably lower resolution textures in game play (like Uncharted 2 cut scenes vs game play).

Going to be a mighty fine title, but hopefully it sets itself apart from the console iterations.

Also, Wipeout will look great in motion. It's a very paced game so you'll never notice any of the small graphical blemishes in the actual game.
UC2 is identical in cutscenes and gameplay?

Willy105 said:
Even though they are in HD, I'm sure the final product should look similar.

I know, I'm sure the all the assets are exactly the same, textures and everything, but I just wanted to see the real IQ on this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Raist said:
Anyways, looks amazing. Somewhere between DF and AT. That's crazy. Is it developed by ND or outsourced? Think it's the latter but not sure. ND probably keeps a close eye on it anyways.

That was the original assumption [URL="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-19-uncharted-ngp-set-between-first-two-games"]report[/URL], but it's set prior to Drake's Fortune, although it's not a prequel in the sense that it leads into the events of said game.

Edit: Fixed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jiggle said:
Q Games are not THAT minimalistic

SCE not showing Hot Shot Golf = it missing launch? :<
There are quite a few games missing that are supposed to be launch titles, like Smart As.

You'll also notice we're missing a high resolution screenshot of one of the Uncharted pictures.

Once the embargo actually drops, we should start to get a clear sense of Sony's launch line-up.

kpx0

Banned
those are insane graphics for a handheld.. i actually think the 3DS has worse graphics than the DS when in 3D mode because the resolution is halved

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm sure Uncharted will look great but those are obvious bullshots.

What we clearly need is more Hot Shots Golf pictures.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
kpx0 said:
those are insane graphics for a handheld.. i actually think the 3DS has worse graphics than the DS when in 3D mode because the resolution is halved

Not to derail, but that's idiotic. I won't get into the technical details but you're wrong.

Back on topic: Any new Hot Shots Golf information yet?

Micerider

Raist said:

No, it's before the 1st, Christophe Ballestra (Naughty Dog) did however initially mentioned it as taking place between 1 & 2 but was corrected shortly after by Sony.

So, as you might have guessed by now, it's not developped by Naughty Dog, Bend is on it I think.

Top Bottom