• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ObnoxiousZebra said:
37JtR.jpg
what's that from? lol at the people in the background. what's the reason some artists do that?

Ydahs

Chuck Norris said:
UC2 is identical in cutscenes and gameplay?
If I'm not mistaken the cut scenes are pre-rendered and look slightly better than the game in play?

It's been so long since I've played it so I might be mistaken about the look, but the cut scenes are definitely pre-rendered.

SolidSnakex said:
Only if it's outsourced so that PD can focus on GT6 for the PS4. I don't know who Sony could outsource it to though.

Agreed. PD doing GTPSP did only harm. If they can't outsource it without making it crap, then make PD hire enough people to make a mini-studio dedicated to PSP development or something... It has a lot a potential anyway.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
darkwing said:
wow Hustle Kings looks like the PS3 version

It does look really good, really nice IQ, if those are indeed framebuffer shots.

And it will look better still on NGP.

guina

the 544px sreens are not bullshots and have anti aliasing, which is great. On the NGP screen (220 PPI) it will look glorious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Raist said:
Ah. Thought I read some interview with one of ND's folks at some point mentioning that. Thanks for the info. Also answers my question about the dev team.

Actually, you are right (and reading the article reignited my memory of it. :p). Seems either Balestra misspoke or the interview was mistranslated.

kpx0

Banned
darkwing said:
same price as the 3DS? not a chance

3DS is overpriced... Sony has a history of selling things at a loss.

also the NGP will be released nearly a year after 3DS so the tech will be cheaper then

Ydahs said:
If I'm not mistaken the cut scenes are pre-rendered and look slightly better than the game in play?

It's been so long since I've played it so I might be mistaken about the look, but the cut scenes are definitely pre-rendered.

Some are prerendered, some aren't, but all the assets are the same, lighting however isn't.

antonz

kpx0 said:
3DS is overpriced... Sony has a history of selling things at a loss.

also the NGP will be released nearly a year after 3DS so the tech will be cheaper then
Sony has a history of selling things at a loss because they had no choice. $1100 Dollar PS3 wasn't going to sell to anyone.

You can bet if Management had been doing its job instead of just Letting Ken run wild things would have been very very different

sajj316

I'm not sure if it's Uncharted or the beautiful woman sitting next to me on the bus that's getting me excited ... checks her out again ... ok, it's the woman. I had to think about it ...

Man

Tingfrmnongpradu said:
This is probably a stupid question, but y'all think there is any chance Vita could get those PSP remasters at some point?

That would be awesome.
I would think that's actually part of that strategy.

kpx0

Banned
Plinko said:
Not to derail, but that's idiotic. I won't get into the technical details but you're wrong.

Nintendo 3DS:
3.53 in (90 mm), 800 × 240 px (effectively 400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)

Nintendo DS:
3.0 in (76 mm), 256 × 192 px

when you consider the ppi because the DS screen is smaller... there is not much difference in resolution (im estimating in the range of 60-70ppi for both the DS and 3DS while the NGP and iPhone4 are both over 200)

Clunker

Wipeout ... come to Butthead.

Plus, I love Uncharted enough as-is (I was late to the PS3 party, but I'm a card-carrying member of the Nathan Drake Mancrush Club), but hearing about it possibly being more exploration oriented is even better.

I'm a big handheld fan, so it's just a matter of price determining whenever I pick up a Vita. I'm hoping that we hear good details about online play and PSN functionality, if only to shame Nintendo into actually trying to step up its game in terms of 3DS online.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
kpx0 said:
Nintendo 3DS:

Nintendo DS:

when you consider the ppi because the DS screen is smaller... there is not much difference in resolution (im estimating in the range of 60-70ppi for both the DS and 3DS while the NGP and iPhone4 are both over 200)

Your statement was idiotic because you said the DS looked better than the 3DS in 3D mode. That's insane and ill-informed. Nobody in their right mind would ever make a comment like that if they've seen Pilotwings or SSFIV3D in 3D mode. If you had a DS that could look like that I'd love to see it. This will be the last time I address this because it's so ridiculous I'm not sure you'd ever be convinced.

Back on topic: I want an NHL game for Vita. This year. I've been waiting for a good portable hockey game for ages. It needs to happen now.

Ydahs said:

The cutscenes are pre-recorded but that is only for loading purpose, there are no additional effects added - the cutscenes even have aliasing and shimmering like in the game

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have a strangely good feeling about this device, and I dont know why. I'm almost willing to bet on a huge line-up of really awesome games at E3, from both first and third parties, as well as a surprisingly competitive price for the system.

Maybe it's just because of the fucking dreadful 3DS launch. Normally I'd be cynical out the wazoo.

jett

D-Member
Uncharted looks completely insane.

Wipeout doesn't, but at least it's a new game and not a HD port.

The two games I'm most excited to try are Reality Fighters and the game you roll around using the rear touchpad. That looks like a lot of fun and they're both different and unique.

Man

EatChildren said:
I have a strangely good feeling about this device, and I dont know why. I'm almost willing to bet on a huge line-up of really awesome games at E3, from both first and third parties, as well as a surprisingly competitive price for the system.

Maybe it's just because of the fucking dreadful 3DS launch. Normally I'd be cynical out the wazoo.
It's a device that focuses on all the primal strengths of gaming, the gaming community and the software developers behind it all and doing so with great focus and production.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
kpx0 said:
Nintendo 3DS:

Nintendo DS:

http://members.ping.de/~sven/dpi.html
This calculator says the NGP would be 210 PPI but sources say 220.
It says the iPhone 4 would be 329 and sources say 326.

So, I'm going to assume it's quite accurate.

3DS:~132
DS: ~106

Then you consider the 3DS has more ram, a better cpu, better gpu = better looking games in 3D mode.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Heavy said:
The two games I'm most excited to try are Reality Fighters and the game you roll around using the rear touchpad. That looks like a lot of fun and they're both different and unique.
Little Deviants.

The last two giant screenshots in the OP are from it.

BeeDog

Man said:
It's a device that focuses on all the primal strengths of gaming, the gaming community and the software developers behind it all and doing so with great focus and production.

Tretton?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted is going to look completely mind-blowing.

I'm hoping that at E3 we'll see the NGP remastered editions of the games Square oddly refuse to put on PSN (Crisis Core, The Third Birthday, Birth By Sleep), as well as Peace Walker and MH:p3, because I'd rather play them on a handheld with dual analogue than on a DS3.

Also hoping we'll see some Lumines...and Gravity Daze. Am I the only one excited by Gravity Daze?
EatChildren said:

I'm in the same boat.
I have a feeling that Sony are going to knock this out of the park.
And that's a good thing. The 3DS shows that Nintendo really needs to be pushed with some serious competition in the handheld space.

faridmon

Fore the first time in like forever, I might actually start with a system before Nintendos own device. Looks damn like PSP 2 which what I need

Krev said:
Uncharted is going to look completely mind-blowing.

I'm hoping that at E3 we'll see the NGP remastered editions of the games Square oddly refuse to put on PSN (Crisis Core, The Third Birthday, Birth By Sleep), as well as Peace Walker and MH:p3, because I'd rather play them on a handheld with dual analogue than on a DS3.

Also hoping we'll see some Lumines...and Gravity Daze. Am I the only one excited by Gravity Daze?

I'm in the same boat.
I have a feeling that Sony are going to knock this out of the park.
And that's a good thing. The 3DS shows that Nintendo really needs to be pushed with some serious competition in the handheld space.
I will say Sony is going to put Nintendo to the sword if and when:

1) Monster Hunter is announced as an exclusive
2) Sony nails down some big Western support and makes something of the market. Real games, not crap.
3) They announce a competitive price

Right now there's nothing to suggest it does anything but make good graphics

jett

D-Member
Metalmurphy said:
I know, I'm sure the all the assets are exactly the same, textures and everything, but I just wanted to see the real IQ on this.

The Wipeout shots look to be be in native resolution and with representative IQ.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man said:

Yeah, but more than that. It's a great device on paper, but the good feelings I have are more directed to the execution. Simply being a great device is one thing, but I'm expecting a lot of titles out at E3 thanks to Sony really pushing it on third parties. Pricing is the big thing as well. Most seem to be leaning towards 'crazy stupid expensive', but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony price it competitively to try and scoop up the market.

Fact of the matter is the 3DS is way, way over priced. If Sony are willing to give a little, they can probably bring it down close to 3DS levels. Nintendo really need to be pushed to drop the absurd price they've got slapped on their system.

Top Bottom