• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman Miles Morales Adds RT to 60 FPS mode

Nymphae

Banned
Not sure why you'd choose either of the original options when they've combined the features of both.

Good shit, looking forward to playing this when I can get it cheap.

I think one of the biggest reasons why this is so impressive is because Insomniac's temporal upscaling is so damn powerful. Like, the fact they're able to upscale what is assumed to be 1080p in this new mode to look that sharp without some hardware-assisted deep learning like DLSS is astounding. Hats off to them, they're such a solid developer with insane output and Sony got a bargain in buying them.

Last edited:
1. Performance
2.Performance + RT
3.Fidelity

KhpgnhG.jpg

(found it from twitter here)

Just booted it up and I'm so impressed. Performance RT is the way I'll be playing it from now. I was playing in Fidelity mode because the RT seemed to add some kind of "depth" to the whole presentation and I didn't mind the locked 30fps, but this bring the two biggest pieces of the puzzle together for me. Resolution is nice, but RT and 60fps is nicer to me.
couldn't have agreed more!

I cannot wait for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, hopefully it gets a 60fps RT mode with Insomniac's incredible temporal upscaling too. I was a kid playing Ratchet & Clank on my PS2 at launch and I've been in love with the series ever since. Purely from that, it's my most hyped PS5 game.

BuffNTuff

Banned
Is the upscaling really that fantastic in practice?

valhalla looks noticeably different in quality vs performance modes and it’s not even 1080p vs 4K

MastaKiiLA

Not sure why you'd choose either of the original options when they've combined the features of both.

Good shit, looking forward to playing this when I can get it cheap.
Whenever I can get a PS5DE, I'll most certainly play through the first time in fidelity mode, because I have a 4K TV, and 30fps never bothered me. It's a stable 30, so that's good. I'll try both performance modes to see which looks better on any ensuing playthroughs.

Nymphae

Banned
Whenever I can get a PS5DE, I'll most certainly play through the first time in fidelity mode, because I have a 4K TV, and 30fps never bothered me. It's a stable 30, so that's good. I'll try both performance modes to see which looks better on any ensuing playthroughs.

Why wouldn't you use the mode that combines both

Sounds like everyone was choosing performance over RT.

I will see how it looks because I am 13.5 feet from my glorious TV. Might be a good option go have in more games.

RT seems like it could be a bigger difference than 4K on consoles...I think 4k just helped us get to 1080p, and 120 fps got us 60 fps.

Nymphae

Banned
It combines both... at the cost of more resolution. Obviously some people don't want to be playing 1080p on their 4k TV. (I'd try it to see how it looks first)

Ah I didn't read the details, I see lol.

I only have a 1080p tv and the choice seems pretty easy to me.

I was watching some reviews for something last night on YT and the guy was describing 1080p as blurry compared to 4k and it just made me laugh, like blurry? I guess some people notice these things but for me a huge tv displaying 60 fps 1080p looks insane and I can't imagine turning my nose up at it, I'm actually glad I haven't upgraded beyond 1080p yet lol

Portugeezer

Ah I didn't read the details, I see lol.

I only have a 1080p tv and the choice seems pretty easy to me.

I was watching some reviews for something last night on YT and the guy was describing 1080p as blurry compared to 4k and it just made me laugh, like blurry? I guess some people notice these things but for me a huge tv displaying 60 fps 1080p looks insane and I can't imagine turning my nose up at it, I'm actually glad I haven't upgraded beyond 1080p yet lol
I'm in 1080p too, so the performance choices have been pretty easy for the most part.

JackMcGunns

"Black card in cards against humanity"

They said it was impossible, they said it could not be done...

But they managed to _______________ in _______________

TheDude108

Great news this as as mentioned, Ratchet and Clank should benefit from this as well. Can't see them not doing it.

Kuranghi

Just booted it up and I'm so impressed. Performance RT is the way I'll be playing it from now. I was playing in Fidelity mode because the RT seemed to add some kind of "depth" to the whole presentation and I didn't mind the locked 30fps, but this bring the two biggest pieces of the puzzle together for me. Resolution is nice, but RT and 60fps is nicer to me.

For me, the depth of the image is added by the increased resolution in Fidelity mode, not as much the RT, but you still get the feeling you had from the Performance RT mode? Thats great, best of both worlds it seems.

Nakasan

For me, the depth of the image is added by the increased resolution in Fidelity mode, not as much the RT, but you still get the feeling you had from the Performance RT mode? Thats great, best of both worlds it seems.

Yep, totally agree. Seems Insomniac thought these graphic options through well, and delivered each very very well!

Thief1987

Yes overall image is softer, but not that much. Reflections is more "noisy" but i don't think it would be noticeable during normal gameplay. From ~30 min that i played performance seems solid. For 1080p users this is practically no trade-off mode.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
1080p 60 fps makes no sense if they can do native 4k 30 fps.

Should've been 1440p. I have no idea what kind of bottleneck is preventing devs from doing this. Halving the resolution to 1440p should easily get you enough gpu raw power to double the framerate.

I really hope it's closer to 1440p or I'm going to disappointed in cerny.

TrebleShot

Should've been 1440p. I have no idea what kind of bottleneck is preventing devs from doing this. Halving the resolution to 1440p should easily get you enough gpu raw power to double the framerate.

How do you know its not 1440p?

No one knows the native resolution yet.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is the way it should have been done from the beginning. Fuck 30fps two ways from Sunday! Can only speculate most people switched to 60 and never went back and the stats encouraged a rethink.

That’s right, we want it all, and we want it now!

I played the whole game at 30 fps and it was amazing.

the performance only mode has no point now

Higher resolution. Dynamic 4K is the point of performance mode.

Last edited:

vkbest

This is the way it should have been done from the beginning. Fuck 30fps two ways from Sunday! Can only speculate most people switched to 60 and never went back and the stats encouraged a rethink.

That’s right, we want it all, and we want it now!

The ideal for me are 3 options. Best graphics + resolution, best resolution + performance, best graphics + performance. So people choose they want play.

Logically you would be right, but it probably isn't a linear relationship with their specific solution.

Hakiroto

They had to wait until the day after I finished it! That said, new game plus with this setting should be fun. Can't wait to check it out later. All that said, I had absolutely no issues with the 30 FPS but if I can have RT and 60 I'll take it.

Top Bottom