• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman Miles Morales Adds RT to 60 FPS mode

ZywyPL

Banned
1. Performance
2.Performance + RT
3.Fidelity

KhpgnhG.jpg

(found it from twitter here)

They should've just remove all the previous modes all along, like really, there's literally no reason to use wither the Quality or the old Performance modes now.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So glad I waited to play, I only installed and ran around the city for 20 min. I was torn between the old modes, now I found what I wanted.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome news. Will easy take and prefer 1080P with Ray Tracing, HDR and 60FPS. Looking forward to playing Miles Morales when I eventually buy a PlayStation 5 next Spring/Summer. Hoping Insomniac gives the same options for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

1080p 60 fps makes no sense if they can do native 4k 30 fps.

Should've been 1440p. I have no idea what kind of bottleneck is preventing devs from doing this. Halving the resolution to 1440p should easily get you enough gpu raw power to double the framerate.

I really hope it's closer to 1440p or I'm going to disappointed in cerny.
It may actually be 1440p upscaled. I don't think they have told us the exact res yet.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
one of the best studios sony has invested in and bought, hey continue to pay off. Cant wait to see what they have in store for Spider-Man 2

vkbest

right, i saw everyone mention it might be 1080p and it made no sense to me. thats why i said im hoping it needs to be closer to 1440p.

see above.

First, probably dynamic resolution. Second, RT reflections have incredible computational cost, its even incredible Spiderman RT quality mode is native 4k on a $400-$500 console. Last, even if 1440p is the half of the pixels don't means you need the half of power.

Heartkiller

Nice to have more options. I'll probably stick to the quality mode on my first playthrough but once I've beaten the game and I just wanna swing around while listening to some podcasts, I'll probably set it to this new mode.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Last, even if 1440p is the half of the pixels don't means you need the half of power.
i have discussed this here many times, but thats exactly how it works. this is true for both RT and non RT games on PC on both RT and non RT cards.

I have tested this myself in several RT games like Metro, Control, and Battlefield. It's just how it has worked all gen since the CPUs are not the bottleneck.

i have discussed this here many times, but thats exactly how it works. this is true for both RT and non RT games on PC on both RT and non RT cards.

I have tested this myself in several RT games like Metro, Control, and Battlefield. It's just how it has worked all gen since the CPUs are not the bottleneck.
Looking at the game new mode on my 4k TV, this is not 1080p imo . Its still very sharp. Probably closer to 1440p .

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Welp, might be no more flipping back n forth between the 2 modes now. 60fps isnt just about the gameplay, I switched to that and one of my sons said wow...it looks real, lol. That was before this update. I havent tried this out yet.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
wont be long till we get like 5 different options to play a game. jumped from pc to console to get away from this stuff. 2 options is one to many, just make the game you want people to play.

AnotherOne

I'm glad they did this but umm weren't some of you guys talking shit about 1080p in 2020 on xbox but now you're all hyped for this?

Yeah, sucks when things come late for sure. That's why when people act like some things don't matter cause "there is a patch coming.", it's BS cause some people aren't waiting around.
Yup, I'm not buying a game day 1 in the hope that it gets finished later.

It was in an acceptable state, but it would have been pretty interesting to have that option day 1.

I'm glad they did this but umm weren't some of you guys talking shit about 1080p in 2020 on xbox but now you're all hyped for this?
Series S has regular games that hit resolutions below or close to 720p 😬. The shit talking about 1080p in series X is probably not even in a RT enabled game, let alone RT at 60fps... Also,1080 os still sharp, just not as much as 1440, 1800 or native 4k, and when you have the choice between the same game with the same settings at an higher resolution with better quality settings on a cheaper system (digital)... Or same cost competing machine, well there is fair criticism of the platform that offers less performance per $ to be had.

Arthimura

Based Insomniac.

Game already looked and felt great in performance mode, now it will be even better. I'm happy i didn't finished the game yet, i have more than 50% to do and NG+.

Last edited:
I just did a test for the two RT modes. I could not see a difference on a 65" from 4' away. So whatever magic they did, I can't see a downgrade. Will need a breakdown to see what they downgraded. 60fps is just too good to pass on.
Exact same on my 65CX, they’re barely indistinguishable. Absolute wizards!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Game was just updated and now you have a 3rd option called performance RT

wgHlcmu.jpg

Insominac are amazing for giving this many options .

Comparison between fidelity and new perfomave RT mode . Looks almost identical. Great job

Oh hell yeah. Honestly, the choice was tough and it was kind of keeping me from playing more!

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just did a test for the two RT modes. I could not see a difference on a 65" from 4' away. So whatever magic they did, I can't see a downgrade. Will need a breakdown to see what they downgraded. 60fps is just too good to pass on.
This is the important thing. Regardless of what the pixel counts say, if it looks crisp and no obvious aliasing as a result then it is a win (y)

XXL

Let's hope Ratchet and Clank has the same option. Also, was this added to Spider-Man Remastered?

TheDude108

Why did they not add this to remastered

It appears to be coming based on the Tweet above.

I would say the majority of people will have Miles Morales, rather than the Ultimate Edition with Remaster, so it makes sense to give MM the treatment first.

Top Bottom