• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran I rewatched the FFVII video you put up on Youtube... is the music different on PC or is it a glitch?

Keikaku

I tried playing Mech for the first time in TvT. I won, but damn if it wasn't harder.

My multitasking is not good enough to handle macro and tank positioning. Yet.

Chris R

Fell to bronze after the first game I played on my lunch break :( But then the final match was against a "silver" opponent who I kinda crushed. (Mass Raves = lawl).

Chris R

If he lets you build mass ravens, he deserves to die :p

No, he had mass ravens. I think he was going for a defense turret drop in my mineral line, but with my creep spread I saw them trying to sneak in the back of my base and sniped them, then he quit (because he was about out of minerals doing his one base turtle).

Keikaku

No, he had mass ravens. I think he was going for a defense turret drop in my mineral line, but with my creep spread I saw them trying to sneak in the back of my base and sniped them, then he quit (because he was about out of minerals doing his one base turtle).
You sniped mass ravens? Did he not have hunter seeker missiles?

Ahhh, one basing in bronze-gold. Good times.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
for being evil lan hating activision slaves; blizzard customer support is remarkably fast and efficient.

most impressive customer service i've ever received.

Chris R

You sniped mass ravens? Did he not have hunter seeker missiles?

Ahhh, one basing in bronze-gold. Good times.

I watched the replay to see exactly what was up after the game. He had perfect siege timing, but never trained hunter seeker missile. Again, I think he was going to just drop some turrets on my drones, but beyond that I don't know what he was doing.

I watched the replay to see exactly what was up after the game. He had perfect siege timing, but never trained hunter seeker missile. Again, I think he was going to just drop some turrets on my drones, but beyond that I don't know what he was doing.
De-ranking maybe?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mostly if the person is racist, or trying to BM me after getting trolled in a custom or because they mad over losing.
They deserve it then. GJ!

Sliver

Liquid should really consider kicking out players for bad performance. The fact that Jinro/Haypro/Tyler stick around while winning nothing is taking away from a potentially great roster.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
how to become platinum on NA:
game one: mass void rays
game two: mass hellions
game three: dt's and zealots only
game four: maek marine
game 5: proxy 2gate pvp, announcing the proxy and location of the proxy once gates go down.

platinum.

Liquid should really consider kicking out players for bad performance. The fact that Jinro/Haypro/Tyler stick around while winning nothing is taking away from a potentially great roster.

The argument is that some of the players provide value in other ways. Tyler is very popular, for instance, it makes sense to keep him. But there is no explanation for Jinro's fall - there's no way anyone could stay in Korea that long and not know how to fucking play Terran. He's not taking things seriously, that's the only explanation.

I think TL is more interested in community outreach/connection than winning shit though.

jasonng

Well each team has a lot of players to provide an adequat amount of practice partners. I'm sure the less popular players contributes to the team behind what the audience sees.

Mairu

Well each team has a lot of players to provide an adequat amount of practice partners. I'm sure the less popular players contributes to the team behind what the audience sees.

If teams operated on the perspective that players who aren't winning medals for the teams have no place on the team, even the Korean teams would have drastically smaller and different rosters

Jinro doesn't stream (much), rarely travels to tournaments, and hasn't even had a decent showing anywhere in more than a year. At least Tyler has had some decent MLG runs, and Haypro did very well at MLG recently. Jinro isn't even relevant among the EU scene

how to become platinum on NA:
game one: mass void rays
game two: mass hellions
game three: dt's and zealots only
game four: maek marine
game 5: proxy 2gate pvp, announcing the proxy and location of the proxy once gates go down.

platinum.

You can easily get to diamond doing that as well.

Keikaku

What did he say? I just tuned in. His point about JP was the most flawed logic imaginable.
This is the most hyperbolic rhetoric imaginable :p. I would say that JP is not, for me personally, the most entertaining caster. However, I definitely think that he does good play-by-play. Not entertaining but not wrong. There are definitely a lot of worse casters.

He said that the Korean casters have a whole team of people who basically generate and give them a script for each game they cast. Apparently they have a whole script for them that they read from and deviate from as needed which allows them to sound very informed.

Keikaku

You all could transition into adding BCs into the mix, while maintaining a marine count for fodder(4 raxes 1 with tech lab)
I figure that once I get air superiority, I'll start mixing in Banshees. From my massive experience of 1 game, it seems like the Bio answer for Mech is Maradaurs. They're great against Hellions and OK against Tanks but, obviously, not so great against Banshees. They also build a lot faster then BCs.

Won another pvp using carriers. Actually the guy kinda surprised me because normally once i get carriers i crush face but he went mass phoenix which worked out surprisngly well (partly because i was building immortals expecting stalkers).

I figure that once I get air superiority, I'll start mixing in Banshees. From my massive experience of 1 game, it seems like the Bio answer for Mech is Maradaurs. They're great against Hellions and OK against Tanks but, obviously, not so great against Banshees. They also build a lot faster then BCs.

With mech you'll generally be dominating the air with vikings as well and they can't really kill your banshess with marines or they risk entering tank range. Banshees are awesome with mech.

Holden

Update about the patch:

After initial testing and feedback, we have removed the Queen starting energy increase and we have decided to modify:

Queen anti-ground weapon attack range increased from 3 to 5.

So...I just did my placement matches and I matched in diamond...ARE YOU SERIOUS BLIZZARD? I have not played this game since season 3! I won 5/5 in placement just because I picked 1 build for each matchup on TL and did it no matter what (except in ZvZ where I did whatever the hell I pleased). None of those games even went to tier 3!! I could care less what my opponents were even doing didn't even scout! Not only that the highest league I played was GOLD. What am I supposed to do when faced against diamond players? I dont want to lose 30 games straight :( Can anyone hook me up with a practice partner or something...? PLEASE! Or even better, can I just have myself demoted to plat without losing anything? I really dont want to go on a losing spree just for a demotion.

Yoshichan

Uh... what? 5 range? Okay Blizzard.

Holden

So...I just did my placement matches and I matched in diamond...ARE YOU SERIOUS BLIZZARD? I have not played this game since season 3! I won 5/5 in placement just because I picked 1 build for each matchup on TL and did it no matter what (except in ZvZ where I did whatever the hell I pleased). None of those games even went to tier 3!! I could care less what my opponents were even doing didn't even scout! Not only that the highest league I played was GOLD. What am I supposed to do when faced against diamond players? I dont want to lose 30 games straight :( Can anyone hook me up with a practice partner or something...? PLEASE! Or even better, can I just have myself demoted to plat without losing anything? I really dont want to go on a losing spree just for a demotion.

I go from top diamond
( a diamond who was playing against top platinium )
to top master. I don't really understand the logic of match making

I go from top diamond
( a diamond who was playing against top platinium )
to top master. I don't really understand the logic of match making

This is insane. Seriously I cant micro for shit. MY race of choice is Zerg which I just picked up like 1 week ago. I have 10 wins as Zerg in 1v1. TEN! These diamond players probably have like 1000 wins. I never even played a game that went to Tier 3 as zerg...

Yoshichan

AppleSmack, I know it's gonna be painful but just lose a couple of (100) games and you'll get demoted :3

Holden

Oh and i've been cheesed alot in PvT by this fakish fast expend into proxy raxes. Something happened in gsl or something?

AppleSmack, I know it's gonna be painful but just lose a couple of (100) games and you'll get demoted :3

Well its that or I can just play custom 1v1s with plats/diamonds until I can finally do competently against at least high plat players. I don't really want to go on a losing spree so I would prefer just to find practice partners. Or do you actually think I should just go on a losing spree? lol

Yoshichan

How many total games have you played?

Striek

Oh and i've been cheesed alot in PvT by this fakish fast expend into proxy raxes. Something happened in gsl or something?

Yep. MVP did two different variants to Naniwa. Its gotten super popular. Also some guy posted a guide on TL that he had 90%+ winrates upto GM with proxy 11/11 raxes and terrans are starting to realise how good that is too.

Yoshichan

Won't it look weird as fuck when they attack with 5 range?
I look forward to seeing the animation.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Top Bottom