• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Official Gameplay Trailer Reveal (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at this point of such promises before.
Bro... it just works. I'll need to see this in practice, cause honestly... that seems like a stretch.

Starfield is what I thought it would be, Fall Out in space. The best things about those games is the exploration, the worse part... the gameplay/combat, sucks that the combat is such a big part of it. I'll likely still give it a try on PC, it'll be my first "Fall Out" game in awhile.

SpiceRacz

Was that a double barrel space shotgun?!!?!?

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Not blown away. Don't get me wrong ill play it and I'll get some enjoyment out of it for sure.

I just feel it looks like the same old tired as game engine with slightly better graphics while keeping all of the jank. I have no idea what I was expecting, more I guess.

Arcadialane

Not really sold, I was expecting a little more than Fallout 4 in space. Im worried its going to be super grindy and lots of fluff aspects(like building/crafting) and barren as well. 1000 planets to explore, but how many of them will be meaningfull?

Last edited:

Jormatar

Maximillian Dood said it pretty well: you have to give them credit for the ambition. If you like TES and Fallout, you are gonna love this. If you are after more fast paced action, you are probably not gonna enjoy this like you didn't enjoy their last games either.

Also, Todd just couldn't help him and he just had to have another massive lie in his presentation about how you can travel and land anywhere on the game. That's just not true. You know, I know, Todd knows it, everybody knows it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Lol Ppl not convinced by this...but yet, they love fucking Skyrim...one of the most overrated games ever made. The game will be just fine. It's Bethesda. They may have fucked up with fallout 76, but they haven't really released shit games (only broken) in many years

Last edited:
This game looks gorgeus.

Although I think it would have been cooler if we get to go into our ships, and then manually traverse the environment with it, and of course traverse into space. Instead it switches to an in-game cinematic.

I'm nitpicking though.

Jormatar

Maximillian Dood said it pretty well: you have to give them credit for the ambition. If you like TES and Fallout, you are gonna love this. If you are after more fast paced action, you are probably not gonna enjoy this like you didn't enjoy their last games either.

Also, Todd just couldn't help him and he just had to have another massive lie in his presentation about how you can travel and land anywhere in the game. That's just not true. You know, I know, Todd knows it, everybody knows it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
I honesly have tried my best, but I can not get excited for this genre: Endless possibilities, but mediocre gameplay/sensations in hand, unfocused narrative and modest graphics/animations...
Amateurs of exploration/customization are probably overjoyed right now. To each their own, I guess...
I still can not believe that I watched more than 70 minutes straight of last year's conference thinking I was "enjoying" the current one...
What am I supposed to do right now? Invest another hour and a half in the "right" showcase? Fuck it, I'll dig up the trailers and read through the comments...
I am livid right now...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂

Last edited:

Darsxx82

It looks pretty good if we start from the fact that it is (even too I would say) ambitious.

It is clear that the massive scoop is going to be accompanied by bugs that will require 1000 patches. Just because of how the fps was going... 🙄🙄

But at the end of it all it's a Bethesda game, TES in space... and we know that's always a sign of commercial success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom