• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Official Gameplay Trailer Reveal (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseCake

Gunplay looks like garbage.

Performance looks like absolute garbage.

Flying and building your own base looks cool.

Graphics look great but nothing mindblowing like HellBlade 2/Forza or Forbidden West.

Story seems interesting...?

My hype for this game has decreased only slightly.

Wohc

Banned
So much salt. This game looks like a winner:
GsarDPu.gif

Boss Mog

The scope is impressive and the graphics decent enough but that framerate is a complete disaster, no way I can play a game with a sub-30fps choppy as hell framerate.

Guilty_AI

I think that puts me off a lot more than it excites me. Would prefer just a few planets extremely well built and designed over tons.
My guess is there are both of those. Majority are probably procedurally generated similar to NMS (though probably still handcrafted to a degree), are just wilderness and are meant for gathering resources and building bases. Then there must be a few on the main system that are much more hadncrafted. Its something that makes sense for the setting too.

Elitro

The customisation looked nice, but it was also visually underwhelming.

I would also rather have a narrower scope but masterfully crafted.

Will pick it up through gamepass 😎

Droxcy

First time Bethesda has vehicle physics right should be interesting. The ship customization looks cool but can't help but see it as Fallout in space, yet the detail and fidelity is looking solid cannot wait to play.

jonnyXx

Didn't get all the hype for this when all we had seen was concept art.

Now we can get excited, this looked better than I was expecting.

Just hope its not a buggy mess at launch.

Haggard

Banned
The visuals are a pretty mixed bag, the shooting looked really clunky and everything else we'll not really be able to judge pre release.... But we've heard similar promises before.

Right now: meh

Last edited:
Anyone else think it was bizarre how they opened the presentation? Some weird focus on a combat mission that looked like something out of a 360 game (not visually, but design-wise) which it doesn't even follow to a conclusion. The combat looks worse than Fallout 4 somehow.

When it went away from the shitty looking combat I was reeled back in. Overall a good presentation, but the cracks in the creation engine are really showing.

1000 planets 995 of them will be empty AI generated resource gathering planets. The other 5 will be 10% hand crafted and the rest AI generated.
This is what I was thinking as well. I even doubt those 5 or so planets will be entirely hand crafted though. My guess is there's a bunch of procedurely generated planets with a couple points of interest that are hand made and a handful of planets where most of the main quests happen that are mostly made by hand.

Yeah, they might as well not release anything else in 2023, because this is going to take all of my free time.
Careful, they might take you up on that offer. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Seriously tho, i'm confused how do some of you here actually praise this shitshow? Do you not have eyes? Look at these graphics, that gameplay. What you've actually seen, not the "scope" of what's being described.

Saw someone earlier post that gif with "they can't keep getting away with it". They keep getting away with it because they keep showing you a plate of shit and you keep looking at it like it's wagyu.

Why are you like this?

Stuart360

Intesting to see Digital Foundry look at the trailer because there was parts that looked 30fps or lower
Remember when RE Village was first shown and it looked like 20fps?, the final game was 60.
This is why we get so much cgi for games still in development, because of the reactions to gameplay still in development.

Hmmm... kinda mixed feelings about this one. I think the gameplay portion of it looked pretty rough, especially the performance. The shooting looked pretty weak imho, which it's pretty important for a shooting game. The human models and facial animations looked pretty bad, I was really hoping they could improve on that for this new next gen game. In the other hand, I think some of the visuals and the environments looked pretty breathtaking. The scope of the game is pretty massive, the game is clearly ambitious, and the customization options looked pretty impressive. Now, the questions are: is any of that actually going to be meaningful or shallow? Is it gonna be a broken mess at launch like other Bethesda games? Is this gonna be No Man's Sky 2.0 at launch? Well, the answer to these questions remains to be seen, but if they can deliver on the premise, this might be one of the coolest games in recent years. But that is a big if considering Bethesda's history. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but I hope Bethesda can fulfill the vision they have for the game and really mitigate problems at launch.

Riky

$MSFT
This game goes beyond what i was even imagining. I honestly was just thinking Skyrim/Fallout in space, but the scope of this game is just, fuck me lol.

Game of the generation.

Yeah the scale of it was off the charts, 1000+ planets......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom