• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is They Breathe?

I went blindly due to price and a GAFer recommendation.

One of the devs stopped by and gave out a bunch of keys on Steam and Indie gaf a while back.

I thought it was pretty neat. There is no tutorial, you just jump off of a log and go. The mechanics will become clear very early on and the game builds from there.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
If Arcade - Retro wins, as it should, then everybody should buy Double Dragon Neon for 2,50.
Everybody.

Incredible beat 'em up with an amazing soundtrack. Heck, the credits alone are allready worth your moolah.
The gameplay certainly needs some getting used to, but once it does.. Oh boy! You'll roll past almost everything, spinkick like Van Damme and feel a non-mediocre kind of awesome. I had to restart the first level like five times when I first started, but eventually finished the game on Double Dragon difficulty. And i'm sure to double-dip if it hits the steamsales, maybe finally try out some bro-op.

Seriously, it's bro-tastic!
Go get it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All the planets are fucked!

rdIsTE2.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Planetary Annihilation -- MB-F0D6CBB0A25D1351 - Taken by corrosivefrost

t1403564819z1.png

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

I've vowed not to spend over $4.99 on anything in the store.

Thus far, I've spent $4.99 on Dark Souls: PtD and $2.49 on MtG: Duels 2014

So far, so good!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bought Arma 3. For $30, I can't really be mad since that'll probably be the cheapest it'll be for a while since Early Access.

(And plus I kinda wasted that much on DayZ when Breaking Point, the wholesale rip-off of DayZ mod ported to Arma 3 and kinda does things better, apparently so let's see)

oti

Banned
Was about to buy Lego HP 1&2, Lego LotR, Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel.
Asked myself whether I was crazy.
Bought Lego LotR. The rest will follow at a later point.

Arthea

nobody wants Storm over the Pacific? Well, that's a new game so I can't say how good or bad it is, but it's disturbing.
In case someone wants it PM to ModBot

Storm over the Pacific -- MB-BBF003C4C9F62F4F

Swhalen

Since I raffled this is a mystery game before, and the winner already owned it I'll run another raffle. Good luck, Surgeon Simulator is good fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Swhalen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-8E49F8D6B56AFAF2 - Taken by Nibiru. 15 entrants total.

t1403555214z1.png

I'm down to $5 out of the $50 card I started the sale with. I tell myself every time a sale comes around that I'm going to have more control and it doesn't happen. I started out so well too. :'(

IMACOMPUTA

Bought Arma 3. For $30, I can't really be mad since that'll probably be the cheapest it'll be for a while since Early Access.

(And plus I kinda wasted that much on DayZ when Breaking Point, the wholesale rip-off of DayZ mod ported to Arma 3 and kinda does things better, apparently so let's see)

Arma 3 will bring many years of
glitchy half-assed mod
joy.
And yes, Breaking Point is currently MUCH better than DayZ standalone.

I've heard good things about To the Moon. What type of game is it mechanically?

Almost like a visual novel that plays like a 16 bit adventure game. There isn't a lot of interaction. Basically walking around and talking to people while interacting with very few objects. But the story is amazing.

3phemeral

I've heard good things about To the Moon. What type of game is it mechanically?

From what I've played, it's just top-down story game where you're tasked with finding information about the patient in order to discover what's happened to him.

[edit] Beaten and with way better and more concise descriptions. lol

lack of giveaways today is disturbing

This is true. To fix this I'm going to give away some RTS games
best genre
including Age of Mythology, because a lot of my steam friends have it on their wishlist. To keep things suspenseful I'm putting a 24 hour raffle on this and keeping it open only to MEGAGIVERS.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Age of Mythology Extended -- MB-273D2AEAC4373E75 - Taken by Tizoc. 42 entrants total.
Age of Empires 2 HD -- MB-A0A33DAA0E848CCA

t1403640815z1.png

Levyne

Banned
Steam question not sale.

So the recent beta allows you to choose the drive to pre-load to. Any chance there will also be a change to remote downloading to a specific drive?

Kadin

So I just realized that by continuing to add more and more M&M money, I'm gonna keep myself out of being able to use the Market until after it ends. I still haven't crafted a Summer badge as of yet because the prices were still pretty high and the cards won't be around after this sale ends so...

With that said, I might need someone on the last day or two to help me with getting the cards. Would anyone possibly be interested in doing a trade of cards 1-10 for a game of equal value on the last day? If you are, hit me up here or on Steam so we could work something out early next week.

Mr. Smith

2 days ago i missed the flash sale for "risk of rain" and brought it for 3,99. and now it is a community pick... should have followed the rules :D still awesome game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom