• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I just got into the series myself recently and am absolutely loving this game, I just wanted to share with everyone the awesomeness that is Dark Souls! Come Die with me!

great giveaway! i would enter but I already have and beat it!

AMAZING GAME! MUST PLAY! 10/10 experience

Ferrio

Banned
I see. Well, I probably wouldn't like the story (I have not been impressed by story-based gaming), but my girlfriend might be interested. Thanks for the information!

I can't get through visual novels usually, but this one is pretty touching. The ending is also very well done...very bittersweet. Wasn't long either.

There are no steam achievements...yet. DSfix makes the first game better, i think it's worth getting a game like this again.

Unless you're talking about Dark Souls 2?

I just figured there were, was trying to think of a reason to buy it even though I have it on 360.

My hardware is a few years old I probably wouldn't even benefit from DSfix.

Yeah you can add the thanks Obama death screen.

this sounds amusing however lol

Hugstable

Banned
Doing a quick repost since I ended up at the end of the page and wanted to make sure people can enter just in case it got missed.

Since I just got into the series myself recently and am absolutely loving this game, I just wanted to share with everyone the awesomeness that is Dark Souls! Come Die with me!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-EBB418622E30FCEC - Taken by pupo. 28 entrants total.

t1403555916z1.png

So which community choice should I vote for? I already own Just Cause 2 and don't care about the rest of the stuff. So let me know if you need a vote (not like my 1 vote matters anyway lol)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
non SteamGaf regulars complaining about giveaways is the fucking best

I've been called worse I guess :p
I just like zooey but also realise that new girl isn't funny.

Like appreciating Kat Dennings in 2 broke girls but also realising that the show is shit.

So Kat Dennings gifs now then? XD

2 Broke Girls is abysmal and I watch it for Kat :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Still giving away games here as well, and I invite anyone who wishes to use that thread to go right ahead if they wish to giveaway games and don't want them to potentially be lost here in a sea of team talk or gif responses or the eventual poutine.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117896759#post117896759

So badges are basically worthless once I reach the required level to earn cards for voting? Better off selling em, right?

For the Summer Sale contest, you need to score at least one point to qualify for the random 30 team members get their top three wishlist games when their team wins.

Beyond that crafting badges gives more experience points for your Steam level, which basically just means more slots for your friend list and chances of you getting a booster pack of cards.

So if you don't care about getting more slots for friends and selling cards are just a nice little by-product of playing games normally and nothing more, then aye, worthless to you.

Oh damn, I actually got it. Thank you, anonymous benefactor!

I still can't believe NASA made a game and that it is Blitzball.

zkylon

zkylewd
I find it a bit odd that people are still hanging on to the notion that the many outright ridiculous failures and seemingly neverending mediocrity of M. Night Shyamalan is somehow outweighed by his initial promise enough to give him a kind of everlasting benefit of the doubt.

The Happening was incoherent nonsense. Combining it with Rifftrax was the only saving grace for that movie, at least for me. Hopefully After Earth is the final nail in his coffin.
well i'm not one of those people that went crazy for the sixth sense (tho i liked unbreakable a lot) and haven't bothered with much of his other movies (i only watch this cos it had the zooey) but the happening is so unbelievably bad it's hard to imagine people weren't doing it on purpose

like, i can't remember the exact phrase or whatever but there's this whole scene where mark whalberg is like scared of a plastic plant in a model house that can't possibly be an attempt at suspense

dorxan

Neo Member
Hey guys, there's still a couple of unclaimed keys in this old Steam giveaway. Somebody should grab Mark of the Ninja. :p

Here's a new one i forgot to add.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders -- MB-4F8EF09EA4772CDC - Taken by Henry Swanson

Also, can i have an invite to the GAF group?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059012554

iosefe

in other news, i finally got the store lockout! yay

at least I sold all the cards I needed to, and it's over before the sale ends, so i can MAYBE sell stuff on the last day or two

How do you complete the verification steps? It says it'll authorize the card but there's no balance left.

Bah, ah okay. Not that big a deal, don't HAVE to have the badge. ;)

It declined authorization of the card numbers for whatever reason, but somehow in the last hour, my market access has been restricted, and I can't use it, so I'm boned now. I need to be extremely lucky with my card drops now. I still need 6. Oh well.

Opiate

Again, thanks everyone. My questions in this thread are going to seem very novice-level because these aren't the sorts of games I play, but they are the sorts of games my girlfriend plays. I just gave her a PC, and as a long time 3DS gamer, she's experiencing PC gaming for the first time.

She loves story-driven games a la Mass Effect and adventure games like Zelda.

So a give-away for people who have enough money to give other people at least 25 games?

How rude of you mcfishstick. Here Macintosh!!, enjoy.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-AAB445C2F65996D5 - Taken by Anustart. 43 entrants total.

t1403556367z1.png

AkuMifune

Banned
I go through these questions with myself every single sale and it always ends in the same conclusion: "I have too many other games to play that I haven't even started, I'll pick these up next sale for even cheaper!"

Just went through the same loop. Maybe next time.

Bethesda seem to enjoy punishing people who buy their games early. You're not missing much though tbh.

dat crossbow action tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been called worse I guess :p
I just like zooey but also realise that new girl isn't funny.

yea tbh you're prolly more normal than me

like i hate the show on principle since it stole zooey from me and put her on the same shitty role for years

that shit ain't right

I find myself wondering if there could be a class action lawsuit against Valve here if enough people might have cancelled a preorder and been wrongly suspended from the market for it...

Probably not, but one could make a case that being suspended from the market not only impacted ones livelihood/financials, but also caused them a great deal of mental anguish via the frustration and anxiety of dealing with the issue (and even more so when compounded by the actions of dealing with valve's abysmal customer service team).

Nabs

I just figured there were, was trying to think of a reason to buy it even though I have it on 360.

My hardware is a few years old I probably wouldn't even benefit from DSfix.

this sounds amusing however lol

That's not true, DSFix isn't just for crazy rigs. It helps fix performance issues for everyone, and it'll clean up the image like crazy.

Arthea

The story won't blow your mind, but it's guaranteed to make you cry. It's a very emotional one, and I loved it.

If you're willing to experience something different from the usual, I'd give it a chance despite not being a fan of this kind of games. It has a couple of funny jokes and nicely written characters. Of course, if you only care about more traditional games, you may not find this enjoyable, as there isn't much in the gameplay department apart from walking around and solving the occasional puzzle. Maybe you could play it together with your gf?

you shouldn't really do that, you know, you can't guarantee it, not only it didn't make me cry, I got no feels and I didn't particularly like it.
Some jokes were nice, that's it.
sorry for being party pooper yet again (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom