• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strangest thing you've found on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple months back I wanted to google Boogerman (the game) and I forgot how to spell booger and put "bugger." The first google result was a website called buggerman.net. It was pretty creepy and strange, but unfortunately it looks like it was taken down recently.

Darias

image.php

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The weirdest thing on the regular web was a guide to seducing dolphins.

Most of this stuff is made up. People like acting random and the internet likes pictures or videos of random acts of stupidity or something similar. The stuff that isn't random and put on for show is the interesting stuff. I am curious how state and federal agencies deal with this stuff. You know they know about most if not all of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At first, that beat was great. Then I started to listen to the words. What a shitty pissy song.

It's as shitty as it can get. Lemme be yo drain tonight...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's the more secretive, elusive aspects that excite me - the idea that there are lots of isolated, private networks sharing secret information about everything and anything. If you manage to scratch deep enough (though no-one here on GAF has the ability, I'd imagine), I've heard there's some very... particular data. We're talking government led schemes, info on undocumented technology and reports on people that don't exist.

Don't be fooled though - this image has been floating around for a while, and the bit below 'Level 4' is bullshit, though some of level 4 is is also made up:

tumblr_mbwt6fybRS1ryr1z3o1_1280.jpg

I would love to know more about the Level 4 topics, at least generally... Without feeling that some fellow is writing my name down in his or her hitlist.

Hell, most of the stuff I tried googling didn't have any substantial or informative results, just random search stuff.

Mostly on:

Broder's Engine Plans
Paradigm Recalescence
Forward Derivata Supercomputation
Geometric Algorithmic Shorcuts
Nephilism Protocols (I literally have no idea what this could be, literally no idea)
GGGQEP (only thing I found was that Gadolinium is a transparent crystal with some properties)

Any idea on these?

Also, Level 5 sounds like science fiction. Quantum Computation seems too strange.

I would love to know more about the Level 4 topics, at least generally... Without feeling that some fellow is writing my name down in his or her hitlist.

Hell, most of the stuff I tried googling didn't have any substantial or informative results, just random search stuff.

Mostly on:

Broder's Engine Plans
Paradigm Recalescence
Forward Derivata Supercomputation
Geometric Algorithmic Shorcuts
Nephilism Protocols (I literally have no idea what this could be, literally no idea)
GGGQEP (only thing I found was that Gadolinium is a transparent crystal with some properties)

Any idea on these?

Also, Level 5 sounds like science fiction. Quantum Computation seems too strange.

Did you not read what I posted? It's MADE UP - fancy, imaginative words fantasised by some moron in his bedroom. These terms mean nothing. They don't exist.

Things of this level of secrecy/difficulty to discover DO exist, though. They're just probably very, very, VERY hard to find, and are beyond most people's comprehension, no doubt.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did you not read what I posted? It's MADE UP - fancy, imaginative words fantasised by some moron in his bedroom. These terms mean nothing. They don't exist.

Things of this level of secrecy/difficulty to discover DO exist, though. They're just probably very, very, VERY hard to find, and are beyond most people's comprehension, no doubt.

I did read it. BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Although I do kinda believe the Tesla Experiment Plans, but I'm pretty sure that's off the net.

Kayo-kun

Hey guys I think I just enterted the Charter Web and found out about CAIMEO, this stuff is amazing!

I need someone to watch my back and DoS me back into the common web so I dont end up in limbo.

One of the creepiest is this one where this guy found an old picture hidden in his room. It was from the 60s or 70s and showed a boy dressed in womens clothes looking scared. i think it was from a poster on GAF. IIRC, the story that the poster dug up was that a neighbors kid went missing years ago. Its probably still in the Creepy Story thread but i dont have time to search for it right now.

You're thinking of Lamonster. I still have a link to that pic somewhere in my inbox lol

Really interesting thread, I was thinking of making this thread the other day since this weird/morbid stuff is fascinating but felt like it had been done plenty of times before

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You're thinking of Lamonster. I still have a link to that pic somewhere in my inbox lol

Really interesting thread, I was thinking of making this thread the other day since this weird/morbid stuff is fascinating but felt like it had been done plenty of times before

I think there aren't enough active creepy threads in GAF.

I think I'll regret saying that eventually

Hidden Wiki exists, right? What sort of stuff exists on that?

Also, from what I understand some of the deep web sort of stuff takes place on IRC. Plenty of private servers exist where all sorts of talk goes on, links, file sharing etc. IRC is pretty vast so it's not something that would be easy to stumble onto.

Does Usenet figure into this anywhere still?

Zeroth

Also, from what I understand some of the deep web sort of stuff takes place on IRC. Plenty of private servers exist where all sorts of talk goes on, links, file sharing etc. IRC is pretty vast so it's not something that would be easy to stumble onto.

The Wiki has a bit of everything. It has been some time since I last checked it, but you can find stuff like hired assassins, drug traffic, bitcoin trading being openly advertised. It's a bit hard to navigate though, because it's just like your normal wiki page, but without helpful indexes.

Yes, Hidden Wiki exists. It a bit of a jumble, however, and you're never sure where you're going with it. There's lots advertised, but some either don't work or have clearly been abandoned.

Like I said previously, though, to get to certain places, you can't just follow links.

The Wiki has a bit of everything. It has been some time since I last checked it, but you can find stuff like hired assassins, drug traffic, bitcoin trading being openly advertised. It's a bit hard to navigate though, because it's just like your normal wiki page, but without helpful indexes.

So it's more communication than a 'pedia? I was picturing Wikipedia where they're like "stuff that the Man doesn't want you to know about. Here is the history of such-and-such shadow organization, we swear it's true."

So it's more communication than a 'pedia? I was picturing Wikipedia where they're like "stuff that the Man doesn't want you to know about. Here is the history of such-and-such shadow organization, we swear it's true."

No, not quite. It's really a bit of a hub, to navigate to other sites, find other things, get information.

This thread has highlighted how interested people are about the Deep Web... I can't access it at the moment due to restrictions and other reasons, but sometime in the future I might go back on and try to find the answer to some questions gaffers may have.

I used Tor to navigate the deep web to try and find an old youtube video that I thought was wiped from existence. I didn't find it, but I backed out anyway because it just seems too sketchy. The Deep web is very interesting though, albeit some of the stuff out there is fucked up enough that I don't even want the possibility of accidentally stumbling upon something to exist which is why I stopped.

aku:jiki

This is my favourite thing on the internet.
I got that indian midget action hero followed by some random clips and then some hippies dancing to some hard techno stuff. So, yeah, pretty amazing.

You sure? I checked his threads and it's not in there (he doesn't have many). It sounds creepy and I'm in the mood for that before bed!

I used Tor to navigate the deep web to try and find an old youtube video that I thought was wiped from existence. I didn't find it, but I backed out anyway because it just seems too sketchy. The Deep web is very interesting though, albeit some of the stuff out there is fucked up enough that I don't even want the possibility of accidentally stumbling upon something to exist which is why I stopped.

Yeah, this is a concern of mine. I'm pretty hardened to things on the internet, but there's a lot out there on TOR that is just beyond believable. Stories I've heard, adverts I've seen. Disgusting, horrifying things - things that show the true extents of human behaviour.

This is why I'm more interested in the things like leaked documents, strange discoveries and oddities, deleted/banned texts and videos - sometimes of things that seem completely harmless and normal. It makes you ask "why?".

I got that indian midget action hero followed by some random clips and then some hippies dancing to some hard techno stuff. So, yeah, pretty amazing You sure? I checked his threads and it's not in there (he doesn't have many). It sounds creepy and I'm in the mood for that before bed!

100 percent. He didn't start the thread. He posted in it. It was the creepy/unsolved/paranormal mysteries thread. You'll have to dig a lot cause it was like... Maybe 2 and a half years ago by this date

People mention being afraid of browsing the deep web...

Is it not accessible via public wifi? Are people just curious but not willing to put in the effort to travel somewhere?

Buy a new laptop, screw around with the internal identifiers if you're worried they can tie them to your credit card or something, never use it on any internet but public, I'm sure you can get away with a lot.

People mention being afraid of browsing the deep web...

Is it not accessible via public wifi? Are people just curious but not willing to put in the effort to travel somewhere?

Buy a new laptop, screw around with the internal identifiers if you're worried they can tie them to your credit card or something, never use it on any internet but public, I'm sure you can get away with a lot.

Yeah, this is good advice if you want to guarantee completely anonymous browsing. Download TOR to a USB and run it form there, too, for even more security.
This said, TOR isn't illegal. As long as your ISP has nothing against using such a service, you can browse at home. The only thing you need to be scared of is accidentally engaging in something illegal/being susceptible to attack.

Why would I want to go to the deep web? It's filled with even more fucked up stuff than the surface web.

It's not the fucked up stuff you go for.

shuri

Banned
Lol at all that garbage, I love how this is suposed to be some secret society bs, but its being posted about in public on a giant board like GAF.

Soooo leet!

Yeah, this is good advice if you want to guarantee completely anonymous browsing. Download TOR to a USB and run it form there, too, for even more security.

I'm actually pretty interested in what it takes to keep a computer anonymous and secure. I don't have any intent in mind, it's just devious curiosity. :p

For example, do you need to shut the wireless off before going anywhere near your house? Do OSs quietly keep a log of all access points they've seen? Probably a good idea to keep it off anyway to keep from automatically connecting to anything by accident. With a laptop, it might be best to disable internal wireless and use a card you can remove.

Lol at all that garbage, I love how this is suposed to be some secret society bs, but its being posted about in public on a giant board like GAF.

Soooo leet!

TOR's completely above board. Go ahead and download it if you like, surf the Deep Web all you like, I'm not stopping you and I'm certainly not bigging it up. If anything, I'm playing it down. There's a lot of made up, fantasised shit that goes around about services like this, but the truth is, it's readily available, completely open to more or less anyone and has little consequences when used.

The fact is, it's unfortunately home to some of the most illicit, horrible and often unimaginable things out there.
Beneath that, however, is where it gets more interesting, and that's what this thread is about.

are tor exit nodes still easy to snoop on?

TOR can't encrypt the traffic between an exit node and the target server and such any exit node is susceptible, unless something like TLS is used.

It's a difficult weakness whilst using TOR, but it's more secure than other alternatives on the whole. I wouldn't call the process 'easy', but my knowledge is lacking when it gets to more technical details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom