• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad |OT| Rotten Prince of Belle Reve

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I hadn't even thought of that, but yeah.

If there isn't an over-reliance on Joker/Batman/$$$ to carry the film it's a kinda brave move.

Tell that to the marketing. By the time most people find out they are a minor part of the film, their asses are already in seats watching the thing with the expectations that it's a villain team movie with Batman and Joker in it. Whatever "bravery" there is in the making of the film is undone by the "cheap" methods they have used to sell the film to people. That is if we consider less Batman/Joker to be brave and more Batman/Joker to be cheap.

I WASN'T WRONG :'(

Just be clear this time. Last time Ahasverus was throwing your name everywhere as a champion of BvS' success lol

All joking aside, that's hard. It's really easy for me to find something I like in films, especially blockbusters. There were parts of BvS I really liked and parts I didn't. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it got piled on way too hard. I've seen far worse movies that have reviewed better.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I find your taste suspect, considering you still stan for that Macy's supermodel tier actress in your profile.

But I'll stay on-topic.
Killer Croc should have been replaced with an Aquaman villain

If anyone in here deserves their taste to be questioned it's Bronson. With his weird fish fetish and whatnot.

Atomic Odin

Joker cuts indeed.

Connor ‏@ConnorFilm 13m13 minutes ago League City, TX
@manthx Apparently "Bye Bye!" scene and the scene of Joker slapping Margot in the streets is not in the final film.

Aka my avatar scene isn't even in the movie :(

R.I.P
tumblr_o5gavtJoRU1qfoj4do1_500.gif

I liked that one :(

He wears the same Alex Ross' design suit here & I hope this one is not cut

giphy.gif

If anyone in here deserves their taste to be questioned it's Bronson. With his weird fish fetish and whatnot.

I'm into fishsticks, what do you want

Do it, we want to know if this movie will be divisive among us!

I think it's the only screening happening in Philly, so lots of people jumped on it. It'll probably be a total shitshow just to see a film like 3 days in advance

IconGrist

All joking aside, that's hard. It's really easy for me to find something I like in films, especially blockbusters. There were parts of BvS I really liked and parts I didn't. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it got piled on way too hard. I've seen far worse movies that have reviewed better.

You don't have to explain it to me. I love my fair share of crap.

Monocle

Because it reinforces the claim that a writer on Twitter said about how between an earlier cut he watched and the final theatrical cut, they removed a number of Joker scenes in favor of increasing Deadshot's screen time, and re-edited the film with worse pacing. It could all be bullocks, but with a review embargo, paranoid fans, the dismal performance of BvS, and DC fanboy persecution complex, you know it's a shitstorm waiting to happen!
Wat, I hope this isn't true. Joker is one of the most intriguing characters in this movie, let's be honest. I doubt there's more than a handful of likely viewers who aren't curious about how Leto's version stacks up to past incarnations.

Removing "a number" of Joker scenes? As in, a number more than one? Hell no.

You don't have to explain it to me. I love my fair share of crap.

I could argue that TMNT (snow mountain) and Transformers 3 (Chicago getting fucking crushed) are worth a watch just for their big setpieces

Is Bronson part of Speed Racer GAF?

I have no idea why that movie got the budget it did, but I do like the way they shot the fight scenes and racing scenes.

Plot wise it is fucking garbo though, and I dunno why it was PG-13/Speed was cursing like a sailor

Ohh so you kill them first, one of those huh.

Oh no.

Kibbles

lol how do you guys remember the bye-bye scene, it was like a split-second
Cause it's iconic. I remember all flashes of the freaking Joker especially one where he looks boss with a tux, throwing down a grenade he set off with his teeth, and has his gun pointed at the camera with half of his face messed up.

I'm seeing this tomorrow night, maybe I needed a dose of reality before going in.

Now part of me wants to see if I can sneak into the Monday screening out here just to drop early impressions again

I still remember the moment anything BvS-related went to hell on GAF: when you confirmed for someone that it was basically the Iron Man 2 in terms of film-making.

Holy shit did things go downhill fast from there.

Cause it's iconic. I remember all flashes of the freaking Joker especially one where he looks boss with a tux, throwing down a grenade he set off with his teeth, and has his gun pointed at the camera with half of his face messed up.

I'm seeing this tomorrow night, maybe I needed a dose of reality before going in.

Fair

But yo, you have to drop a positive word tomorrow

This thread deserves it. It needs it.

🙏🙏🙏

It'd feel quite curious if that was cut because assuming the pre-scarring tux Joker is still in I'm guessing no "showing how he escapes" scene would feel really odd.

I only remember seeing the grenade in teeth bit, not the waving but I only just tweaked it's the Alex Ross suit design so maybe i'm just slow on the uptake :p

I still remember the moment anything BvS-related went to hell on GAF: when you confirmed for someone that it was basically the Iron Man 2 in terms of film-making.

Holy shit did things go downhill fast from there.

I don't recall that, but the reaction that I got to the BvS thing makes me reaaaaaallly hesitant to drop any early impressions on a film here. We've seen what one tweet/review does.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall that, but the reaction that I got to the BvS thing makes me reaaaaaallly hesitant to drop any early impressions on a film here. We've seen what one tweet/review does.

We'll be nice, I promise!

kswiston

I have no idea why that movie got the budget it did, but I do like the way they shot the fight scenes and racing scenes.

Plot wise it is fucking garbo though, and I dunno why it was PG-13/Speed was cursing like a sailor

Fair enough. I can see people liking aspects of it, but I have to question the camp on GAF that declares it an misunderstood masterpiece.

BvS looked to be in trouble after that second trailer. I wasn't completely surprised to see it review poorly, even if it reviewed worse than I predicted.

Fair enough. I can see people liking aspects of it, but I have to question the camp on GAF that declares it an misunderstood masterpiece.

Those people are fuckin stoopid

I am a Cloud Atlas truther though, I enjoy that movie way more than I should

GAF loves its DC film threads.

Poor Star Trek Beyond's OT can't even make it to 3 pages (superior 100ppp)

That's mostly cause everyone rolled to the Spoiler Thread IMO

kswiston

That's mostly cause everyone rolled to the Spoiler Thread IMO

Even the spoiler thread is pretty light on conversation.

From what I have seen, the conversation pecking order on GAF seems to be

1) Star Wars (at least pre-Bobby leaving)
2) DC films
3) MCU films

I imagine that DC gets more talk than Marvel in the official threads because there is more to fight over.

Even the spoiler thread is pretty light on conversation.

From what I have seen, the conversation pecking order on GAF seems to be

1) Star Wars (at least pre-Bobby leaving)
2) DC films
3) MCU films

I imagine that DC gets more talk than Marvel in the official threads because there is more to fight over.

I'd say that's about right, though in a perfect world Star Wars would be relegated to Community so I can just ignore them forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom