• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Lesson (Tekken team/Harada, UE4) - PS4 Morpheus killer app :)

jiggle

Looks really good
Graphically >.,>
Surprised who is the first to make one
Expecting other companies to join the fray really

Alucrid

Banned
This pretty much.

Dating simulators already freak me out and VR is only making it worse. If people already marry their DSs how will they react to something like this?

It's one thing to battle a dragon in VR and is other to pretend to have a girlfriend in the same environment.

what if you're having a lover's spat with your girlfriend that's a dragon?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I don't even care as long as it moves units and sells VR to the masses! lmao.
The VR movement in Japan might start to really pick up once shit like this releases on PS4.

Honestly, this is one of the easier sorts of games you can do in VR. Not much body motion, simple but well-animated female character...it's good demo material.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If VR in the broad sense takes off, then this will look tame in comparison to what will come. No pun intended.

Nice graphics. Best in a Morpheus demo to date (assuming this is running on a PS4, and not a PC).

Tu101uk

what if you're having a lover's spat with your girlfriend that's a dragon?
"I can't believe my dragon girlfriend is this cute?!"

I would personally love to see visual novels move into VR, it would make for an even more immersive experience to go with the heavy narrative.

I would personally love to see visual novels move into VR, it would make for an even more immersive experience to go with the heavy narrative.

Agreed.

I mean you can all call this creepy because the premise probably is, but I'm quite excited by the level of immersion - this premise applied to something like the visual novel or horror genre could create some very engaging experiences.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Seanspeed said:
This does not happen in the west very much.
I don't know - explicit-sexualization of teens is very common-place in holywood "family" comedies, can it actually get "more" mainstream then that?

It seems like people aren't offended with the ideas of it at all - just that presentation needs to be formatted so it fits their acceptance criteria (eg. comedy teen sex is ok - cutesy titillation teen sex isn't).

AAK

I think one of the biggest appeal of VN's for developers is the budget they can work with. Wouldn't making a complete VR experience with as much content as a VN have an astronomical budget really only making this feasible for the big design studio's?

Durante

Nice to see quick UE4 adaption in Japan. It's a great tool. Also, there seems to be lots of enthusiasm about VR over there.

galvenize

Here's the twist

Rainbow_Tekken_Girls_by_BayuBaron.jpg

You get to teach those girls as well. Assuming you're willing to pay for that DLC.

Man

This also happens to be the first 'big-stage' Morpheus game reveal.
Everything else has either 'just' been hands-on or developer presentations.

If people are gonna let one mildly perverted game ruin their image on a piece of technology, then we are a sorry lot indeed. Though this type of game is not exactly my "thing", I'm kind of glad they are not shy to showcase products like these. It further solidifies the message that their platform is "for everyone", which I'm sure is something all console manufactures are trying to achieve.

The most successful games in the first wave of VR content in Japan will most likely be eroge or waifu-related, and Sony shouldn't try to prevent it. However, being associated with that market or niche might not do you favors for large-scale adoption, sort of like how PC gaming/Steam never really took off in Japan partially because so many people associate PC games with eroge.

I guess it makes sense to show some sort of "killer app" for the Japanese audience especially when the rest of the conference was so devoid of actual Japanese content. VR waifus will probably sell more PS4s in Japan than Bloodborne will.

lewisgone

Not joking, skipped the OP and read the first post while the video started to open and I seriously expected an educational application to immerse people in certain topics. Saw the did with anime girls all over his shirt and my heart sank. Anyway, this is pretty weird and creepy, more than usual since it was on Sony's stage...our cultures really are different.

Mlatador

Banned
Sorry, but I find this REALLY pathetic, just pathetic... Socially disabled people will find that kind of voyeurism probably great, ugh...

galvenize

Sorry, but I find this REALLY pathetic, just pathetic... Socially disabled people will find that kind of voyeurism probably great, ugh...

What's so pathetic though. I think we all jumped ahead of ourselves and thought that this is a pervy game which, considering Japan's track record, we can't really blame ourselves for thinking that. But at the same time, it could very well be a simple morpheus experience in which you just talk and interact NORMALLY with a young female avatar! See? The video clearly shows that even females play this game...
Or am I just kidding myself lol

Mlatador

Banned
What's so pathetic though. I think we all jumped ahead of ourselves and thought that this is a pervy game which, considering Japan's track record, we can't really blame ourselves for thinking that. But at the same time, it could very well be a simple morpheus experience in which you just talk and interact NORMALLY with a young female avatar! See? The video clearly shows that even females play this game...
Or am I just kidding myself lol

You made me laugh, good job! :D

Top Bottom