• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct 11.1.2018 + Nintendo Treehouse: Live Presentation

A new Direct focused on SSB Ultimate has been announced for november first, 7:00AM PT/ 10:00AM ET / 15:00 GMT+1. Apparently it'll be about 40 minutes long.

Direct link here.

After the Direct there will be a Treehouse stream where they show off several games launching in the coming months:
Keep watching after the Nintendo Direct for a Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation. It will feature live gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Diablo III: Eternal Edition.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm more interested in the gameplay from the Treehouse presentation than from the Direct itself.

Have we not seen enough information for Smash? I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but what else could possibly be shown after their Smash presentation earlier this year?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Place your bets on the final (?) character reveal before release.

Without following the ridiculous amount of speculation people are doing based off of pixelated promotional materials, I'd wager that another Pokémon is getting in.

Michele

you.
I don't wanna be banned for the off topic, but apparently Emily in cough Resetera cough is still claiming that the banner leak is fake.

Emily said:
Just to be clear: the entire Grinch banner is just straight up fiction/fake.

The banner is missing multiple characters.
There's characters on the banner that shouldn't be there at all.
The banner also confuses assist trophies for playable characters.

Last edited:
I don't wanna be banned for the off topic, but apparently Emily in cough Resetera cough is still claiming that the banner leak is fake.
It probably isn't real but it should be. It was a great roster. The other rumors like Minecraft Steve and incineroar are just terrible...

iconmaster

Banned

Yeah:

(Oh, she's protected. She just said "I wouldn't buy what that Grinch leak is selling.")

I'll definitely trust Emily over a blurry mobile camera image.

Betting we get the details on that Spirits mode at last. Maybe one more character, though there's really no one else I have to have.

Last edited:

Andyliini

40 minutes? Even the general Directs don't usually last that long. They must have much to discuss this time. I can actually watch it live, for I get out of work an hour before. Too bad I'm not that interested in Smash, but Direct are best days, that's what I always say. For meltdowns, if nothing else.

D.Final

Banned
I hope they bring pleasant surprises.

My prediction is:
announced

Geno
Sora
Noctis
Sephiroth
Isacc
and Shadow

in Smash Ultimate.
And introduction of the story mode.
Call "Spirit Mode".

I can not wait :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Without following the ridiculous amount of speculation people are doing based off of pixelated promotional materials, I'd wager that another Pokémon is getting in.

Ken ε
Shadow ε
Dixie ε / medusa ε
Isaac / chorus kids / karate joe / Skull kid
Incineroar
Elma / Dante
Sora / Dq rep

I feel Sora will end this direct , it's the only modern character that can bring the same effect as cloud imo.

iconmaster

Banned

That's really tough at this point. Who has the clout of a Pac-Man or Sonic but hasn't shown up yet? (Hint: it ain't Geno.)

Lara Croft or Master Chief maybe, but those both seem like pipe dreams. I'm not sure I'd even want either in Smash, they're too "gritty."

They're really throwing alot into Smash, considering they've already had a direct specifically for it. I'll likely have to catch a replay of it at some point as I'm on my way to work at that time. Still I'm excited for it and hoping to see more characters added.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting on Mother 3... Any day now!

Akuza89

Do we really need another smash direct...?

I feel like we are getting way too much information on this game...

It's certainly on my "to buy" list, but I want some surprises and right now they're just showing us everything...

yes the "single player" (or whatever you want to call it) that was blurred out is still a surprise, but there's no doubt in my mind they'll show it at this direct.

L0wMax

Do we really need another smash direct...?

I feel like we are getting way too much information on this game...

It's certainly on my "to buy" list, but I want some surprises and right now they're just showing us everything...

yes the "single player" (or whatever you want to call it) that was blurred out is still a surprise, but there's no doubt in my mind they'll show it at this direct.
Sakurai said all of the characters would be revealed before the game launches. That's part of the reason there's another one.

Akuza89

Sakurai said all of the characters would be revealed before the game launches. That's part of the reason there's another one.

Really ? well that's just boring!

At least leave something to keep it a surprise...

Last edited:

Ivellios

Hope the single player in this game is good and allows coop, and i really wish that leaked list is not fake but i doubt it.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member

Smash fans don't care about surprises anymore. In fact I'd rather have all the characters unlocked from the start.

Codes 208

why? This is a nintendo fan-service fighter where the roster makes up the biggest reason why people buy this. This isnt some narrative driven SP campaign game with surprise twists.

L0wMax

Here's some media to feast on while we wait for the direct :)
(this can be thrown into an OT if enough people are interested)

New gamexplain discussion:

Top 10 Songs Vol. 5:

New Easy Aillies discussing the grinch leak:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I can't wait until Galvatron and Mr Bean are announced!!!

(Seriously though, I'm excited and cannot wait for this game, even with just the previously confirmed roster)

Killer751

Banned
Nintendo Direct? More like Nintendo disappointment!

Seriously I'm sick to death of these Smash exclusive Directs. Show some new games for once!

iconmaster

Banned
I thought of a new character I want. Nintendo: give us Captain N, the Game Master. The ingredients are there. Fulfill your destiny.

captain_n_smashified_by_daeron_red_fire-d98ysxi.png

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Beyond hyped for this. Cannot wait!

I’m wanting Ken, Dixie and Big Boss as echo fighters (I know the last one is a long shot given Snake’s alternate costume.

Banjo would be a great new character.

Lara Croft would be a great addition from Square.

And it would be a very long shot, but with MS being buddy, buddy with Nintendo, I’d love to see Master Chief in the game (maybe as DLC). He’s such an iconic character in video games and the series has some amazing music. With Cloud and Snake in the game, it’s not that out there. In fact, it’s just enough out there to be fun.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Dragon Quest/enix rep
Tecmo Koei rep - Ryu/Angelique preferably
Technos rep - Kunio-kun or the Lee brothers
Taito rep - bub/bob or kunoichi
Atlus rep - SMT character seems the most likely.
Level-5's Professor Layton

Any of those would work for me.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Switch has no games.

Buys diablo 3 ,pokemon and smash.

Switch has no games.

Bought the only game he cared for until the end of 2018 on other console red dead 2.

Top Bottom