• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CcrooK said:
So here's an interesting thing Vega players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4LVFL1tx8o

df.MP of course has been changed to an overhead but notice how it whiffs right up close. I'm not sure if this will turn into an annoyance or advantage with a move that whiffs but turns into some sort of pseudo cross up.
I'm calling "annoyance" now. How often are you ever a foot spacing apart when rocking a turtle via overheads with any of the other characters? If it's like DF+HK, then I fear DF+MK is going to get stuffed a ton.

I could be very wrong here, and I hope I am, but I'm not very hopeful about this.

Main: Ryu
Secondary: Gouken, Sagat, Rose
Potentially in the mix: Juri, Cody, Guy

XBL: Sir Garbageman

Hella pumped for the game and nice job OP!

Mœbius

Wiseblade said:
That's still great. I'm going to really enjoy watching videos of myself and highlighting each and every one of my flaws. :D
Oh yeah, it's still a cool feature for sure. I usually have my friends around to tear apart my game, but the record feature will provide them the opportunity to re-watch and give a blow-by-blow account of exactly how much I mess up. :lol

f0nz0

this game will consume me, even though i'm not good.. :D

will continue to main sakura,

want to try out cody and mak as my secondary,

and thats a rap!

live tag: hershelito99

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
h3ro said:
I HATE EVERYONE THAT COMPLAINED ABOUT INDESTRUCTIBLE.
Oh thank god it's gone.

Mr Jared

I'm sticking with Chun as my main and exploring Dee Jay as a possible secondary. I tend to roll Japanese-style where I stick to one character and that's it, so we'll see how far I go with Dee Jay.

I do find it weird how I gravitated towards all the charge characters in SF4 when I never did before.

Ferrio

Banned
Main: Makoto (until i find out she's a shell of her former(future?) self, then use.....)
Sec: Rose

edit: i should probably reserve this game today too.

zlatko

Banned
Teetris said:
Finally, haven't opened up my promo copy yet but plenty of people should be online now =)

I should invest in a stick prolly

...the amount of jealousy I'm feeling for you is ridiculous. More so than others who have had the game early/have it early, because you haven't opened it up to play it.

:(

Wiseblade

Yoshichan said:
Oh thank god it's gone.
I can feel it coming over me
I feel it all around me
I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
There's a fire deep inside of me
it's waiting to come out now
no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

cuz when the road feels too long
I'll still be holding on
I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Indestructible
I wont let nobody break me down
Indestructible
nothings gonna stop me now
Indestructible
gonna gonna make gonna keep on going
Indestructible
the last man standing

deathberry

Neo Member
Been playing the arcade mode for just over 1 hour now, with Juri and Ryu. Jesus Christ the AI is hard at Medium!

The good thing is I keep on unlocking colours and taunts for whichever character I play with (and lose :p).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Off topic: Oh I'm 100% sure I'll be reading this in a year or two and I've really wanted to do this for a while so...:

Hello dear Yoshichan of the future! I'm currently 136 lbs! Hopefully you've changed that now :D

_dementia said:
Official Wall of Shame as of 4/20/10

Vanilla SFIV Thread:
24gnal1.png

First post in the thread. Wow, can't believe I was so involved in the OG thread. Definitely my favorite thread on GAF.

And I'm liking the direction things are taking with the community. We have a few tournaments coming up, so we can have even more community involvement.

I'll be participating in the PS3 tournament most likely (I'll be away at a course during the 360).

All of these streams and feedback is kind of souring my anticipation. I want to play the game myself. And sad to hear about all of the piracy.

I'll continue with my Saikyo/Shoto style. But I plan on utilizing Ryu more often. And I'll try picking up one of the new characters.

Yoshichan

the_log_ride said:
OH, IF I COULD F+MK, ST.HP xx MP CoD FADC F+MK, ST.HP YOU IN THE FACE RIGHT NOW...
Oh you sooooo know that I have problems with that 1f-link :mad: I hate you for reminding me about it!!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Main: Unknown
Subs: There will be no subs.

PSN: Darshiro
XBL Gamertag: BeamCannon

Current skill status: Free.
Future skill status: Not free. :D

Spiderjericho said:
All of these streams and feedback is kind of souring my anticipation. I want to play the game myself.
The streams and the feedback are doing the opposite for me. They're making me want to play the game that much more. Learning about the changes and seeing other people's play styles has me salivating to play with these changes and apply them to my own way of playing.

All of the above is just a clever way of me saying "I need more Juri in my life." :D

Wiseblade

Drame said:
Any idea that will the dlc be available during the release day or will it be published later on?

At least for Europe there will be a Super Challengers 1 Pack featuring costumes for Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley and Dee Jay on launch day. The next one will probably come in a couple weeks and full roster pack a month or two after that.

Yoshichan

I can't find anything about the story in the OP ;o...

Why did Juri join Bison? What's Bisons intention this time around? How is Seth still alive?

Mœbius

Spiderjericho said:
And I'm liking the direction things are taking with the community. We have a few tournaments coming up, so we can have even more community involvement.

I'll be participating in the PS3 tournament most likely (I'll be away at a course during the 360).
Yeah, it's a great community - I'm seriously considering double dipping for the first time ever.

KingJ2002

Main: Sagat
Secondary: Ibuki

F'in Around: Random Button

can't wait for this game to release... im looking at getting a new TV for it :D

jibblypop

Banned
I've got this one pre-ordered for delivery. Can't wait!

Main: Blanka
2nd: Ken

that's right. The character selection of a true Street Fighter scrub! This time around I'm going to try to improve and learn some of the newer characters.

XBL: torontoDowntown

Drame

Wiseblade said:
At least for Europe there will be a Super Challengers 1 Pack featuring costumes for Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley and Dee Jay on launch day. the next one will probably cone in a couple weeks and full roster pack a month or two after that.
Thanks.

Great that Hakan's alt is included in the first pack.

Yoshichan

I triple dipped SFIV, will most likely do the same to SSFIV if they announce it for the PC!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, shiny new thread! *subs*

Main: Cammy
Sub: Makoto

...is the plan. We shall see.

I'm thinking of switching ISPs just so I can actually play this online properly. >.>

Stantron

So hyped for this.
Main: Honda
XBL: Stantron
I'll probably play around with a bunch of the cast before picking a secondary, but I'm digging Adon and DeeJay.

Threi

notag
In honor of this thread I made a shitty DeeJay avatar!

yeah I know...my offline profile has a shitty Dudley avatar too :lol

hitsugi

Nice work on the OP :D 1 week to go!

Main: Guy (or Ibuki..)
Fallback: Akuma
PSN: MashingKeys

looking forward to seeing you guys there. also, is there still the SF4 PSN room for GAF?

ReiGun

Wiseblade said:
I can feel it coming over me
I feel it all around me
I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
There's a fire deep inside of me
it's waiting to come out now
no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

cuz when the road feels too long
I'll still be holding on
I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Indestructible