• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole thing about the seed spawning lots of VRMMOs which are all linked to each other could very well mean Kirito gets to transfer his godlike character into GGO. Actually, I think it'd be the only way for him to do any good with a melee weapon, since as a low-level player he'd probably not stand a chance against anybody who has a gun (aka everybody in GGO).

All that I ask is that he keeps Yui-tan's reality warping powers out of this, since she's basically a deus est machina. I absolutely loathed how she helped Kirito bypass the whole inner fortress for the ALO arc's climax and go straight to saving her mommy.

If the opening is to be trusted we'll probably have Kirigod meet Sinon by fighting her to a standstill, which would be a bit more interesting than him simply showing up and joining her party or something. Not that it makes it any less likely that she'll be smitten by Kirito-sama's appeal, though (or at the very least owe most of her character development to him).

It was kind of explained at the end of last episode that Kirito can port his character over but he loses all his items.

Pics_nao

Just watched the latest episode. Why do I get the feeling that Shinon's friend is Death Gun? I'd lol if I'm correct too

Ala Alba

All that I ask is that he keeps Yui-tan's reality warping powers out of this, since she's basically a deus est machina. I absolutely loathed how she helped Kirito bypass the whole inner fortress for the ALO arc's climax and go straight to saving her mommy.

Actually, the point of that was that the entrance fight was supposed to be unwinnable. The door would never actually open, and there was no "inner fortress", just the area the villain was using for his experiments.

JulianImp

It was kind of explained at the end of last episode that Kirito can port his character over but he loses all his items.

Oh, I missed that. Still, I honestly don't get why they'd let Kirito's skills snowball out of control as they accumulate over several MMOs since it means his characters, who he has been leveling since the original SAO, are probably unmatched by people who have just started playing with ALO or GGO. Of course it'd take nothing short of a superpowered game admin to fight him on somewhat even ground.

I think that's the reason why the ALO arc felt really silly to me, because it was like nothing posed a danger to Kirigod's magnificence and ridiculously high stats, except for a system admin doing all kinds of ass-pulls to slow him down (then he got admin priviledges himself and, well...). If things keep up for this arc, then I feel like Death Gun and his lovely death gun will probably be dead themselves to Kirito-sama's ludicrously broken in-game stats.

EDIT: @Ala Alba: I know, but I was talking more about them skipping his inner fortress as well. At the very least, I was expecting Kirito to find the experimentation area and kick the scientists' asses as payback for some build-up to the final confrontation, rather than Yui deleting walls so they could walk straight into Asuna's cage.

TUSR

Banned
why doesnt kirito give all his items to one of his waifus to hold for him while hes saving the world from death gun

JulianImp

why doesnt kirito give all his items to one of his waifus to hold for him while hes saving the world from death gun

Actually, wouldn't Asuna be able to hold onto the items since they share their item storage space due to being married in-game?

JulianImp

stop applying logic to sao

I know, I know! I was just saying that for the sake of argument. <_<

Seriously, I wasn't expecting SAO to be what it was when I begun watching it, but I'd say it's fun enough to just watch and see the plot contort itself in ludicrous ways for the sake of making Kirigod look good.

That Sinon chick should totally fall for him so she can join Sugu and the gang in their Unrequited Love for Kirito-sama club. The more the merrier, you know.

-Horizon-

I know, I know! I was just saying that for the sake of argument. <_<

Seriously, I wasn't expecting SAO to be what it was when I begun watching it, but I'd say it's fun enough to just watch and see the plot contort itself in ludicrous ways for the sake of making Kirigod look good.

That Sinon chick should totally fall for him so she can join Sugu and the gang in their Unrequited Love for Kirito-sama club. The more the merrier, you know.

Yeah, but Sugu lives in the same house. She can get at him when he's online and passed out on bed. Check and mate Asuna.
where am I going with this

Yeah, but Sugu lives in the same house. She can get at him when he's online and passed out on bed. Check and mate Asuna.

I've seen enough anime to know where this is going

1310405139732.jpg

JulianImp

The ero-doujin practically writes itself!
Worst part is rule 34 probably means it's already a thing.

Onii-chan...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The ero-doujin practically writes itself!
Worst part is rule 34 probably means it's already a thing.

Onii-chan...

You need like 5 seconds on Google to find out that there are about one hundred million doujin exactly like this.

Now if only there were more Asuna netorare ones around.

huehuehue

JulianImp

You need like 5 seconds on Google to find out that there are about one hundred million doujin exactly like this.

Now if only there were more Asuna netorare ones around.

huehuehue

So this thread started with MSPaint banners, then we cracked jokes at the show's expense, and now we're discussing SuguKiri (or is it KiriSugu?) NTR doujin?

Poor SAO... nobody's taking it seriously.

Actually, wouldn't Asuna be able to hold onto the items since they share their item storage space due to being married in-game?

This is exactly what I thought, plus pretty sure they were wearing rings in game so I assumed they're married in game.

Alternatively, they mentioned Kirito had created alternate accounts so he could probably just trade all his godly gear to them.

TUSR

Banned
This is exactly what I thought, plus pretty sure they were wearing rings in game so I assumed they're married in game.

Alternatively, they mentioned Kirito had created alternate accounts so he could probably just trade all his godly gear to them.

lmao

Maddocks

I think at this point in his life Kirito doesnt care if he loses all his items in game, it seems he just uses it to hang out with his wife and watch his friends farm.

Oh, I missed that. Still, I honestly don't get why they'd let Kirito's skills snowball out of control as they accumulate over several MMOs since it means his characters, who he has been leveling since the original SAO, are probably unmatched by people who have just started playing with ALO or GGO. Of course it'd take nothing short of a superpowered game admin to fight him on somewhat even ground.

It was explained that everyone's stats in ALO were reset at the end of the first season because of how everything was moved over to the new World Seed System... also because of ALO being sold off.

I was wondering earlier, will Kirito have the same voice in GGO?
I know the avatar isn't actually female but his normal voice with the super feminine avatar is going to be strange

JulianImp

It was explained that everyone's stats in ALO were reset at the end of the first season because of how everything was moved over to the new World Seed System... also because of ALO being sold off.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember Kirito having said something about willingly resetting his stats or something.

...Anyway, they could just say he gained all those levels back again between seasons, sice Kirito did say something about wanting to challenge SAO again and getting to the 100th floor. It'd be fun to see him struggle at first with low stats and in a world where everybody wields guns.

he just wants to see lolis eaten (?) by tentacle monsters

I wonder if Kirito's friends will get to join him in GGO at some point and we'll get to see the latest incarnation of the tentacle plant monster trying to have its way with Silica yet again. Last time it sprouted wings, but what's next?

Kvik

So I finally caught up. So is Kirito going in to GGO with developer mode or some such? I mean, he's wielding a lightsaber in the OP and GGO is a TPS MMO. (or FPS MMO?)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So this thread started with MSPaint banners, then we cracked jokes at the show's expense, and now we're discussing SuguKiri (or is it KiriSugu?) NTR doujin?

Poor SAO... nobody's taking it seriously.

We're taking it more seriously than it deserves by giving it an OT, tbh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I finally caught up. So is Kirito going in to GGO with developer mode or some such? I mean, he's wielding a lightsaber in the OP and GGO is a TPS MMO. (or FPS MMO?)

He's just that awesome.

It's like this:
GunZ-The-Duel-1.jpg

this is how i have reacted to this series over the course of three episodes:

episode 1: DEATH GUN aside, this may be a sleep-inducing exposition dump with some moronic moments and incompetent attempts at being philosophical, but it's not terrible. i'm kinda worried this show will just be dull instead of full-on brain-melting stupidity.

episode 2: it's comical that they're taking this game so seriously and pretty ridiculous that they spend so long building up (or trying to build up) a group of characters that i'm pretty sure we're never gonna see again beyond the ass shot with the blue hair, but the fight itself is........pretty decent. maybe we'll have a dull show with some alright fight scenes?

episode 3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hexa

Good episode. Finally getting to the action. And A-1 is doing great with it so far.
City looks better than I expected from reading the novel. I expected it to be more ghetto.
Hyped for next week. :D

Xamdou

My favorite episode thus far, Kirito and Shinon weapon shopping is awesome! Look's like specs carried over with him retaining str and agil...

Lightsaber & Pistol looks to be a great combo!

Stuart444

I really didn't expect the lightsaber to sound like a lightsaber. At least they're honest.

Same here haha.

Good episode. Explaining some of the mechanics of the game and weapon shopping. Also that scene with the
buggy
was cool.

I wouldn't mind playing a game with this setting... maybe the next SAO game can have SAO/ALO/GGO? Then everybody wins.

Seriously, GGOs world looks cool.

JulianImp

Alright, so Kirigod(dess) finally got to show everyone in GGO he's still as OP as ever, and will go on to steal the spotlight from poor 'ol Sinon, who will probably remain clueless about Kirito's real gender until the plot can do the whole "You lied to me all this time! I hate you!" act.

Now I'm totally expecting lots of people to begin copying his character build once he shows good results on the tournament matches. GGO will behold the rise of the jedi!

I also think the World Seed was Akihiko secretly trolling the world by allowing Kirito to jump into any game he wants and instantly become the #1 player there.
Great Chef Online? Sorry, Kirito-sama's agility lets him prepare pufferfishes with his toes, and his strength allows him to cut through a steak's bone with a cutting table.

Kirito-sama, suteki desu~! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom