• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The ED has already given away that it will only end in a narcissistic relationship. Friend Zone boy should just bail out now.

Hexa

Such a great yuri anime

yDfSNZQ.jpg

This episode (7) was the calm before the storm. It'll get more intense then.

And about Sinon's friend being super awkward and overbearing:
Completely intentional. That's the point.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Soon as I saw Sugu I wanted to kill myself. Essentially the core of why SAO s2 sucked massive donkey dick. No Japan, sister romance is not kawaii any way you want to try and spin it. Fucking quit that shit.

Soon as I saw Sugu I wanted to kill myself. Essentially the core of why SAO s2 sucked massive donkey dick. No Japan, sister romance is not kawaii any way you want to try and spin it. Fucking quit that shit.

While Sugu was pretty awful, I thought it was mainly the "I'm engaging my comatose daughter to this corporate douchebag" part that made it horrendous.

matmanx1

Yeah I thought Asuna's treatment in the Fairy Dance arc was far worse than the Sugu thing. Sugu's feelings for Kirito are a minor annoyance comparatively.

With Asuna in Fairy Dance you essentially have the second best character in the show (actually, I think she's the best) sitting in a cage/hospital bed for the entire arc waiting to be saved while she gets sexually harassed by a creepazoid.

Re: EP 7 Friendzone boy is not fooling anyone. He's just as much of a creeper as Asuna's fiance was in Fairy Dance. And is there any woman anywhere who doesn't have the hots for Kirito? Even the nurses want a squeeze! Not too exciting overall but it does set up next week nicely!

This plot line about Kirito feeling guilty over the people he killed in SAO is literally the biggest pile of awful this show has ever done. I truly do not give a shit at all just get back to the game. We are 7 episodes into this show and we've spent more time fucking around IRL then actually being in GGO

Maddocks

This plot line about Kirito feeling guilty over the people he killed in SAO is literally the biggest pile of awful this show has ever done. I truly do not give a shit at all just get back to the game. We are 7 episodes into this show and we've spent more time fucking around IRL then actually being in GGO

it really is a shame at the intro of the anime has more action in it then all 7 episodes.

I'm a big SAO fan and even I found this weeks episode lacking. Though it was a setup episode so the next one should be action-galore.

...But hey, atleast Klien showed up.

All you Sugu haters are whack yo.

My problem with her isn't that she has a bro-con (everyone in this story is super thirsty for Kirito), my problem is that she was introduced as a major "love interest" after we had already established Kirito and Asuna were married and had a daughter and this series was never going to be bold enough to do some crazy NTR shit where Kirito would leave his wife and daughter for his sister especially when the entire point of ALO was trying to save Asuna. It truly added nothing to the story outside of extra awkward sexual tension

JulianImp

Episode 7
I feel like Sinon and Kirito's conversations tried too hard to show us just how troubled they were about things, trying to be overly dramatical but ultimately failing because we either barely know anything at all about the character (Sinon), or the character's troubles came from nowhere a few episodes ago, and will probably go away just as quicky and randomly as they popped up (Kirito).

At least we're going to be treated to some action soon since, even if it's cheesy, I like SAO more when it's like that rather than in full drama mode like in today's episode.

Nasser

The episode was really boring. The anime tries too hard to put Kirito in situation where he feels helpless. Too hard it looks very bad in a way. I hope they keep the spotlight on Sinon. Kirito's story is boring tbh

I am 14 episodes into the first arc, I am a male, almost 30... I need to know if Kirito and Asuna stay together through this anime, I need them to and if they don't I am going to walk away.

Xamdou

Kirito having a girl avatar lost it's meaning when he told Sinon he's a guy so early in the series. He also should have changed his his username too. I mean it's nice and all that he's honest about it but he is suppose to enter GGO covertly, he straight up blows his cover in the beginning of the series. We also know a lot about Sinon as well, so the only surprise left is who is the Death Gun guy is and the true form of her friend that confessed to her.

JulianImp

thank you, I can now buy the vita game and keep watching the show, does it show their relationship anymore?

Disclaimer: The quoted text and my reply talk about stuff that has already been shown in the anime episodes released so far.
Yes, I think it's kind of one of the things that stays consistent throughout the series

CronoShot

I feel like friend zone boy will almost certainly
turn out to be Death Gun or be killed by him.

Also, I'm shipping Best Video Game Player and Person Ever™ with the hot nurse from now on. Asuna's boring.

Disclaimer: The quoted text and my reply talk about stuff that has already been shown in the anime episodes released so far.
Yes, I think it's kind of one of the things that stays consistent throughout the series

sorry you mean through season 2? I just hope they continue their story to some degree.

JulianImp

sorry you mean through season 2? I just hope they continue their story to some degree.

I don't know as that depends on what happens later, but Kirito actually being Kiri-stu makes it unlikely that he and Asuna will fall out of grace (or it might be a temporary thing at best).

Frankly, I didn't like it at all how Asuna became Kirito's loving housewife and little more than a supporting character after being more than competent during the SAO arc. It would've been cool if Kirito wasn't some kind of singularity which makes everything revolve around him, so I hope Sinon doesn't end up joining the Kirigod "I'm not as good as Asuna" fangirl club, but who am I kidding...

I don't know as that depends on what happens later, but Kirito actually being Kiri-stu makes it unlikely that he and Asuna will fall out of grace (or it might be a temporary thing at best).

Frankly, I didn't like it at all how Asuna became Kirito's loving housewife and little more than a supporting character after being more than competent during the SAO arc. It would've been cool if Kirito wasn't some kind of singularity which makes everything revolve around him, so I hope Sinon doesn't end up joining the Kirigod "I'm not as good as Asuna" fangirl club, but who am I kidding...

Yea I am not that far yet, but that sounds unfortunate, especially how she was built up,
I am only on eps 15 where he started trying to save her in Alfheim from the creepy exec guy.

MSMrRound

Episode 8.

Dozy of an episode. Rather like the animated gunfight in between, especially
Dyne
vs
Pale Rider
Kind of thought they would have fleshed out the ending a bit more and end with (light novel spoilers)
Rider getting shot and disconnected

lol @
the random Kirito fanservice. Was it really necessary to make it so that he pins her down?

Frog-fu

Banned
oIvxVE2.png

Yeah looks a little strange to me.

I was going to post this. lol

And this
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/yqnUnx8zPCdmkYnM2l7yTQ/34695/346945128/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-23%20at%2023.35.38.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/uuleIwpWGkFRVvvhtmm6Tw/34695/346945122/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-23%20at%2023.37.21.png[/IMG]

Maddocks

That was a really enjoyable episode. So the legendary sniper rifle fired a stun bullet, makes sense why it was dead silent.

Hexa

Decent episode. I felt they should have put the first half of this episode in the previous episode and made the opening to BoB more epic and action filled.

duckroll

Episode 8

Last week's episode was so bad I couldn't finish watching it. Had to skip around and even then clearly nothing of value happened at all. The first half of this episode was more of the same. I can't even think of anything witty to say about it other than "Sword Ass Online" or whatever. But at least there was a pretty cool animation sequence for Pale Rider's acrobatics. Should have just watched that scene on youtube or something. :p

Oh well, the story is finally moving forward at least. Hope it gets really dumb soon! :)

Hyunkel6

Oh God. The OP. How did I miss it? It's so awesome.

I thought the original SAO was ok, and I did finish the season, but I don't think I'll be watching this one.

I was going to post this. lol

And this
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/yqnUnx8zPCdmkYnM2l7yTQ/34695/346945128/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-23%20at%2023.35.38.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/uuleIwpWGkFRVvvhtmm6Tw/34695/346945122/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-23%20at%2023.37.21.png[/IMG]

Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom