• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marow

I know this is the thread for season 2, but I just finished season 1 and... wtf. Such a great premise was wasted. Does S2 continue the downward spiral into terribleness?
I really like season 2 but despised season 1. I recommend giving it a try, at least.

Sword Art Online II 6
Smooth Kirito... Real Smooth.
What a way to increase your harem of girls who will never stand a chance with Asuna around
I did like that extra scene from SAO though, was something we haven't seen before and I thought it was pretty cool.

Sword Art Online II 6
Smooth Kirito... Real Smooth.
What a way to increase your harem of girls who will never stand a chance with Asuna around
I did like that extra scene from SAO though, was something we haven't seen before and I thought it was pretty cool.

Ikr? He needs to stop that shit lmao.

blakep267

Kirito just can't turn it off. Even when he's a girl, chicks still want the D

Also that flashback should've been an episode in SAO1. No reason why we get boring ALO episodes instead of cool laughing guild fights

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SAO 6

HOLY SHIT GUYS I THINK I GET IT
U76xcKbl.png

vhFhAZCl.png

IT IS SO SUBTLE

TRULY THIS IS ART

You know while there's still some plot/character stupidity here and there, this is a lot more watchable than season 1. At the very least, episode 2 was genuinely enjoyable.

Wiktor

Asuna should just agree to open relationship. Anything else is inhumane cruelty for other female characters in this show.

Moaradin

SAO 6

This episode was not good. The whole PKing flashback seems like such an important detail that was never referenced whatsoever in the first season. Was the lightnovel like that? Seems like shit that was just made up on the fly. Also I didn't like how the tournament is just being rushed along. No hype or buildup at all so far. Disappointing.

Rhapsody

Banned
SAO 6

This episode was not good. The whole PKing flashback seems like such an important detail that was never referenced whatsoever in the first season. Was the lightnovel like that? Seems like shit that was just made up on the fly. Also I didn't like how the tournament is just being rushed along. No hype or buildup at all so far. Disappointing.

Just like the light novel.

duckroll

Episode 6

This episode teaches us that in a competitive game no one likes more talented players throwing matches because they don't care about it. It's insulting. Ping Pong taught us the same lessons.

This episode also teaches us that even though it is a virtual game, those who love the game should take it seriously, because that is a sign of respect and passion for the game. Gundam Build Fighters taught us the same lessons.

Therefore Sword Art Online is clearly as good as Ping Pong and Gundam Build Fighters.

Kinyou

Btw. Are we to believe that Sino is the only woman who plays this game? Like is there some logic behind that? Because the other games had plenty of female players.

Hypron

Btw. Are we to believe that Sino is the only woman who plays this game? Like is there some logic behind that? Because the other games had plenty of female players.

Well it's a gritty FPS and all the other ones were more fantasy based. So I suppose it's just the author assuming that girls don't like gritty FPSs.

KtSlime

Well it's a gritty FPS and all the other ones were more fantasy based. So I suppose it's just the author assuming that girls don't like gritty FPSs.

I know this is anecdotal, but in fairness to the author, I don't know any Japanese girls who play gritty FPSs, but plenty who play fantasy RPGs.

Mexen

SAO II so far is good. Looking forward to the face-off between Kirito's, let's face it,
light saber
and the bad guy's Death Gun.

The most hilarious part about this episode was the sad music playing during half the episode. Shit wasnt subtle at all. Kirito is just good at everything. Best player, best girl, uh, getter. Best everything.

Sinon is an idiot. If that was Sonoka from Sabagebu! she would have shot Kirito as soon as he turned around. And then kicked his dead body.

JulianImp

You're just jealous that you couldn't get the deep meaning behind what happened during episode six, which lets the audience peer into Kirito's inner struggles.

Not only did Death Gun's tattoo suddenly remind him of the time when he actually killed real people in SAO, and the guilt he felt for killing others regardless of their status as player killers; we also see Kirito struggling with his newfound feminity, and going back to his masculine assertiveness as he completely overpowered Sinon both physically and mentally, breaching both barriers she had put up by embracing her while holding his sword to her neck, and showing her that there's at least one other person out there who has gone through the pain and trauma that comes from being corned to the point of having to kill another person.

Right then and there, the strong Sinon realized that there was someone with a similar background has hers, and in spite of that was even stronger than her, as well as self-capable and in full control of his feelings. To show the huge differences between them, we see Sinon emotional distressed by Kirito's apathy, which resulted in her missing her first six shots on an unmoving target. She must've felt incredibly powerless at all this, and also relieved at the same time due to realizing there's someone she can look up to and try to emulate.

SAO II so far is good. Looking forward to the face-off between Kirito's, let's face it,
light saber
and the bad guy Death Gun's Death Gun.
Fixed that for you.

Kinyou

Ah I see. Still a bit weird that Sinon seems to be literally the only woman. Anyway perhaps this means Kirito plays an all female MMO in one of the following seasons. Now that would be something.

The flashback to SOA was a bit random, but apparently they were all so much stronger than Laughing Coffin so why did so many of them get killed? Every other player Kirito fought in the series he beat easily.

-Horizon-

The flashback to SOA was a bit random, but apparently they were all so much stronger than Laughing Coffin so why did so many of them get killed? Every other player Kirito fought in the series he beat easily.
Only thing I can think of: they were looking to try to get the jump on laughing coffin and force them to stand down and be captured without a battle.
Aka none of them were ready to be forced into a kill or be killed situation since they thought their plan was foolproof for some strange reason lol

SRG01

Only thing I can think of: they were looking to try to get the jump on laughing coffin and force them to stand down and be captured without a battle.
Aka none of them were ready to be forced into a kill or be killed situation since they thought their plan was foolproof for some strange reason lol

If I remember correctly, I think the episode said that someone tipped them off.

Kieli

Only two days till Sinon Waifu Saturday. Hype.

Blasphemous. You know not the light of Kirito Kami-sama. Our one true lord.

Prithee thee skedaddle to a nunnery. We shall not heareth such sinful utterances spoken in this hallow ground.

matmanx1

I like Sword Art Online. I even like the Fairy Dance arc despite the fact that almost no one else does. It's a fun show and Kirito is pretty much the ultimate power fantasy character.

Having just started reading the light novels that scene with the laughing coffin melee is referenced in the first volume although it doesn't go in to a lot of detail. The anime definitely moves some things around in relation to the light novels but it seems to work in terms of moving the story along.

Ep 6: Kirito's kavorka is strong. Sinon can't even resist him when he looks like a scared girl. No one tell Asuna about that beam saber hold on Sinon at the end of the episode. It looked overly familiar to me, not that Sinon minded.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
How did Sinon miss that shot anyway.
Why does every single other character become incredibly incompetent the millisecond they're within 50 meters of Kirito?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom