• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Hmm, do the people here in this thread who import know Japanese fluently or at all? I know no Japanese but wonder if playing this game via import would be possible.

I wonder if there'll be a Tales game where I won't hate most of the cast.

Well Xillia's Gaius was the worst offender of a villain I've ever encountered in any media.

For one, we're supposed to believe he's a capable if not great leader because the game told us he is, yet he screws up time and again and genuinely makes everything worse in his misguided superiority complex.
Know what we'll have the heroine show him where he errs but no mr. manchild can't understand it and tries to become frickin god, because he knows so much better

It gets worse. Wait scientists are creating a great source of energy? Let's barge in fail to control it and deem it unusable because the oh so great me is too stupid...

Worst of all they won't even kill him and one of the few remotely capable, and even likeable, MCs in a Tales game who isn't a complete pushover admires the guy...

and don't get me started on Alvin...

I guess it's not as bad as when the group in ToA banded up and pushed all the blame on Luke when they were all responsible.

Why not? I have all the other ones.

That was kinda my reasoning too. I already have the rest of the PS3 Tales games in Japanese so might as well!

Hmm, do the people here in this thread who import know Japanese fluently or at all? I know no Japanese but wonder if playing this game via import would be possible.

inb4 all tales games play the same

But, yeah, it's not that hard to play through a tales games. Mostly trial and error at the start.

Xenus

Why not? I have all the other ones.
You never struck me as a person who played Tales due to their notably weak stories and abundance of oh just please shut up and move on characters.

The support skill system excites me though as it reminds me of the skill system in Star Ocean which excites me cause I don't ever expect to see a real full blown console Star Ocean again.

Datschge

There are a couple great PS2 Tales games you are missing completely if you don't import (and for one of them not understanding the story is actually of advantage =D).

Group? It's only one person :lol
A group of two is still a group. And a lot of bystanders now know he actually wants to even if he denies it. ;)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Good ol' group pressure. =D

This is what happened with Xillia 2. I'm totally fucked. *sigh*

I need a Play-Asia coupon. someone hit me up please.

EDIT: Wait a minute. PA doesn't allow for release date shipping. The fuck? Where do I order from.

Aeana

I couldn't pass this one up. I know everybody seems way down on it due to Xillia, but it's Udo, man. He's yet to let me down.

Seda

I only played one Tales game in Japanese (Vesperia PS3). The most annoying thing is attaching an accessory or skill that you don't realize what it does exactly and you have to figure it out with some trial and error. But otherwise it's totally doable.

kayos90

I hate all of you.

RMY55Qr.png

I wonder if there'll be a Tales game where I won't hate most of the cast.

Well Xillia's Gaius was the worst offender of a villain I've ever encountered in any media.

For one, we're supposed to believe he's a capable if not great leader because the game told us he is, yet he screws up time and again and genuinely makes everything worse in his misguided superiority complex.
Know what we'll have the heroine show him where he errs but no mr. manchild can't understand it and tries to become frickin god, because he knows so much better

It gets worse. Wait scientists are creating a great source of energy? Let's barge in fail to control it and deem it unusable because the oh so great me is too stupid...

Worst of all they won't even kill him and one of the few remotely capable, and even likeable, MCs in a Tales game who isn't a complete pushover admires the guy...

and don't get me started on Alvin...

I guess it's not as bad as when the group in ToA banded up and pushed all the blame on Luke when they were all responsible.

I don't know myself. His X2 behavior made him much more tolerable (even if it felt like a completely different man and the rest of the crew acted like that was the case anyways). Good for characterization, bad character development but a trade-up.

kayos90

We know you better than you know yourself X)

Fuck this shit. I"M SO M/SAD. RPGMONKEY WHERE IS MY THREAD?!

I just used all of my allowance money for the month. I'm sooooo sad.

EDIT: On another note, if I order today will it arrive by Thursday? If not I'm cancelling.

Fuck this shit. I"M SO M/SAD. RPGMONKEY WHERE IS MY THREAD?!

I just used all of my allowance money for the month. I'm sooooo sad.

EDIT: On another note, if I order today will it arrive by Thursday? If not I'm cancelling.

Is he still doing the import thread?

Uh..maybe? Depends on when play-asia even gets their copies to send out. I don't think they get them early so assuming you overnight it, you might get it on Friday? Or the following Monday?

Couple more days, going to pray and hope that I get the Alisha pre-order bonus...

I hope I get Slay :3

kayos90

Can't you get some back by writing an import review again for some place?

I don't get paid enough.

Is he still doing the import thread?

Uh..maybe? Depends on when play-asia even gets their copies to send out. I don't think they get them early so assuming you overnight it, you might get it on Friday? Or the following Monday?

I hope I get Slay :3

Aeana is usually good on this. I always get release date if I choose FedEx. The problem is that I ordered late this time around.

kiryogi

Banned
Huh it was this week? D: Argh. ARR patch plus I just ordered Ishin which comes in tomorrow D: This will probably hit the backburner.

Falk

that puzzling face
So, anyone gonna be streaming?

My copy isn't going to be in my hands till long after January because reasons.

Aeana is usually good on this. I always get release date if I choose FedEx. The problem is that I ordered late this time around.

I see.

Last time I preordered and overnight a game from Play-Asia, I didn't get it until the day afterwards so I guess everyone's different

Though I went with AmiAmi this time so probably won't get my copy until the rest of my order comes in.

I think I see some trophies involving difficulties, boss fights and multiple playthroughs. Sounds terribad.

Aeana

I don't get paid enough.

You should get it Friday before 10:30 am. Which is what I get no matter when I pre-order.

Aeana

I'll stream the game when I can. I'll try to do translations too, but it'll have to be via text rather than voice.

Falk

that puzzling face
Trophies look nowhere near as bad as Xillia/Xillia 2.

But then again a lot of it depends on context. I -think- I'd rather do multiple playthroughs than do 1350 of each move (lol)

kewlmyc

I'll stream the game when I can. I'll try to do translations too, but it'll have to be via text rather than voice.

Cool, thanks a lot.

Very tempted to import, but if I didn't import Xillia and Xillia 2 which had a much longer wait time, then importing something that most likely is releasing this summer is silly on my behalf.

FSLink

Banned
I only played one Tales game in Japanese (Vesperia PS3). The most annoying thing is attaching an accessory or skill that you don't realize what it does exactly and you have to figure it out with some trial and error. But otherwise it's totally doable.

A lot of the newer games are pretty user friendly too without being able to read with flashing markers and item icons, etc.

I'm getting the game from Amiami and I'll likely stream when I have the game too.

kayos90

I thought you're waiting on this one.

AM I BEING RUSED

Dude. You need to read the last few posts of the last thread. I try to leave but these fools keep pulling me back in. It's like Xillia 2 all over again. YOU ARE BEING RUSED!!!!

Falk

that puzzling face
Welp.

More and more it looks like I'm the only one getting this late lol.

(certain arrangements means I'm not paying shipping price but it's on a schedule that's not in my control)

Aeana

I may get it late if for some reason the Asian version is delayed. P-A still says "Jan, 2015" instead of the actual date. I got the Asian version since all of my other PS3 Tales are Asian and they usually have save bonuses.

Interesting...

Beat X boss on hard mode OR second playthrough. Never had a trophy like that before.

Or, this one: beat the final boss on all difficulty levels OR 5 times (play 5 playthroughs). hope the difficulties stack!

EDIT: Also, there is a skill called double skill that only appears when playing hard mode... very interesting.

EDIT 2: I hope they are recorded in-game like in Xillia 1/2. Knowing how many times I've done something helps going for trophies a lot.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sigh, I got roped in to uncancelling my preorder. Some of those trophies are "LOL I'm not doing some of that"

I'm in, I guess. Probably might start Legend of Legacy first, though.

Welp.

(certain arrangements means I'm not paying shipping price but it's on a schedule that's not in my control)
I always get mine late because I'm a cheapo and always get made fun of for that. I dun care.

kayos90

Sigh, I got roped in to uncancelling my preorder. Some of those trophies are "LOL I'm not doing some of that"

I'm in, I guess. Probably might start Legend of Legacy first, though.

I always get mine late because I'm a cheapo and always get made fun of for that. I dun care.

There we go. We now have the gang back together.

Welp.

I probably won't get my copy until like early February since I got it from AmiAmi and who knows when the rest of my order will all come together.

And I'll probably cheap out on shipping too.

But hey, this is my first time I'm importing a Tales games when it comes out, not a couple months (or years) down the road!

Mifec

I will be complaining that the battle system isn't like Vesperia even though I know it in advance.

Then I'm gonna complain that no char is as good as Yuri.

Then I'm gonna complain that there are not enough costumes like in Vesperia.

Then I'm gonna complain that the wind tenzoku guy looks dumb, then I'm gonna complain that the other wind tenzoku guy looks even dumber.

Then I'm gonna complain about people calling Sorey Slay.

raven777

I usually play Japanese versions of Tales games since Western version don't usually include JP voice. As for Japanese I can hear but I cannot read Kanjis....so I have trouble with menus/skills/items and texts that are not voiced.

Aeana

I know there's several people in the threads who don't really understand Japanese. I personally am fluent and actually teach the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom