• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Doomshine

K965pG5.gif

Yudoken

It's already outdated, the character select screwn will be a bit different whenever a new character is released.
Eliza is put between Panda and Lee in the latest build they've shown.

Like in SF V they rearrange it so I wouldn't speculate too much into that.

The game is almost there and there's almost no chance of additional new characters in a short time.

The true question is if we get time attack, survival and of course (my favourite) Team battle modes in the release build.

I hope at least Team battles makes it in the final game.

cordy

Banned
Just signed up for the giveaway!

Damn this Tekken documentary on Twitch.tv/Tekken is pretty dope. Had no idea the scene was this diverse.

He strong. Just without super solid electric you won't be able to get good damage out of punishes. Even when the game came out on arcades you could hear voices that the game isn't as responsive as befor, and I could see in countless match videos that in the amount of electric punishes on block happened less now. Adding to that news that console version is even more laggy + varied online lag I don't know how good he'll be online. I don't see myself doing those -15 or even -16 electric punishes online. They could at least left his b+4,1, 15 framer, it was beefy damage and only -12.

Yeah, we'll see but I'm expecting a lot of work and sweat.

Its the same lag.....

Spuck-uk

Banned
02eeba34b60e37b5da997423e1fd474d.png
I know he not talkin' with Drag getting all these secret buffs because of him.

How's Kazuya overall in this game? I messed around with him last year in 6 and just use him to troll my little cousins whenever I have to watch them.

He's still really really, strong, does some of the best damage in the game, and has the single best move in the entire game.

Hard to use well, but that's the tradeoff.

It's the same TTT2 Lag is what I'm saying and Saint and JDCR both have opposing ideas to if the console version feels slower or not.

How about we wait 2 weeks & see for ourselves. When I played the console version & arcade one back to back at nationals I felt no difference.

There is also the huge possibility that whatever monitor Tekken 7 was hooked up to for Knee was really bad and laggy. That happens all the time at press events.

Dereck

I find it surprising that people like JDCR and Knee, people who play in a lot of tournaments, wouldn't think to factor in all of the different 10 million monitors they've played Tekken 7 on in the last 2 years.

In other words, they're bozos, don't listen to them.

8n6ZStO.png

GrayFoxPL

It's the same TTT2 Lag is what I'm saying and Saint and JDCR both have opposing ideas to if the console version feels slower or not.

How about we wait 2 weeks & see for ourselves. When I played the console version & arcade one back to back at nationals I felt no difference.

There is also the huge possibility that whatever monitor Tekken 7 was hooked up to for Knee was really bad and laggy. That happens all the time at press events.

It's not monitor.

I mistook Knee for JDCR in my memory.

Btw even if lag is the same as Tag2, it's not like it's a good thing. I don't want T7 to be as laggy as Tag2, not in mid 2017, not on PS4. From my experience input latency in PS4 fighting games feels better then on PS3. It'd be pathetic if somehow T7 worked backwards and felt slow again.

If you play Tag2 non stop you get used to lag but if you just let yourself play other fighting game for a day or two...what am I saying? You can even play older Tekken and when you jump back into Tag2 the lag impression hits you like a brick square in the face. You suddenly are controlling tank like character, and I'm talking offline here. It's not fun.

I don't believe T7 PS4 will be as laggy as Tag2 or rather I don't want to believe that could be true in this day and age.

It's not monitor.

If you play Tag2 non stop you get used to lag but if you just let yourself play other fighting game for a day or two...what am I saying? You can even play older Tekken and when you jump back into Tag2 the lag impression hits you like a brick square in the face. You suddenly are controlling tank like character, and I'm talking offline here. It's not fun

Never had that problem tbh lol

You should have cited that interview immediately. It would be disappointing if that was the case. I would have hoped given all the controversy over 8 frames that Namco would have been sure to avoid such an issue with the console release.

GrayFoxPL

Doesn't Tag 2 have like 7f lag and intentionally so because of online play?

It's 8. And btw didn't they introduce lag to T6 and Tag2 in arcades way before all that "8 frames of lag because online". ? I remember even Harada saying that T6 arcade monitors were +1 frame of lag so PS3 version was 1 frame better.

I'm just saying ppl shouldn't settle for less or same. It's like: "I'm ok if it runs on 5 year old netcode and has the same lag as before..." No, it's not ok, demand better.

Like doom said it's 7. I just remembered 8 for some reason.

And "STFU" here ? You really are a child.

It's 6, watch the video. Clear as day it is 6. On a lagless CRT it is always 6, anything else is controller or monitor lag.

You keep saying the "wrong" thing over & over. Don't say wrong shit & I wont tell you to shut up. First you said it was Knee when it was JDCR, then you said 8 when you meant 7. Now there is proof that it is 6 & you still deny it.

Since you want to deny video evidence, why does Glory's video show 6 frames of input delay consistantly? Does he have a special version of Tag 2?

GrayFoxPL

Jesus, you have 16 mesurments. By the same site that thoroughly measured confirmed Lag for SSF4 among others.

But that's ok. I'm old I can make mistakes and I can admit it. I'm an adult. Fact that you try discredit me with moot point that I mistook Knee for JDCR trying to remember who said it makes you look like a childish person who only knows how to disrespect anyone not following your only true track of thought. Yes, you are the smartest kid in town, believe it as long as you must.

You will grow up or not, I stopped carrying the moment you showed your comical angst. That's not how adult converses.

To add to this those #s from the Japanese site clock the game at BARELY 7 frames of input lag at 116.7 ms 100ms is 6 frames & 16.7 is almost identical to the amount necessary to cross the 6 to 7 frame boarder. Which means that there is a very very high % chance those #s were pushed into 7 frame territory by controller & monitor delay.

GrayFox there are just over 16ms in a frame. Do the math. Both have the same game, one is done on a hdtv with lag which pushes it to 7 frames, the lagless CRT shows the real input delay 6. No way a hdtv doesn't add more than 6ms which puts the game on the 6th frame of gameplay.

If you want to come to a compromise & say it is 6.5 fames that's fine.

This isn't about throry or belief GaryFox this is about data & facts. You & me have put forth solid controdictory data. I am offering logical conclusions to the different results. You are just moaping. I don't like it when people spread misinformation, which you admitted you did.

Stfu was a poor choice of words but don't try to use that to discredit my points.

GrayFoxPL

You are saying things that are true in perfect conditions, like on CRT monitor tag 2 can shave that 1 frame just below 7. Who's gonna play T7 on CRT monitor? PC owners are probably most lucky if they have lag less monitors.

I'm lucky I scooped up KDL-42W705B with had at the time the best 14ms input lag, just for Tekken. It's still not crt.

It doesn't matter if it's 6, 7 or 8 frames in the context that it feels laggy. If I feel that bad lag at 7 or "6 and a half" frames it's still feels bad the exact same way when I thought it was 8.

Ask yourself if anything that you wrote makes me wrong since my entire point was that Tag2 feels laggy and that players shouldn't be: "Yeah, this lag is fine" for T7. (Harada loves this kind of attitude.)

But you're like: "STFU! It's 6 not 8. Stop saying wrong things!" Missing the point entirely, aiming just to insult because you felt like you must.

No, I will not stop saying "wrong" things just because you don't understand the context.

In this interview Harada blatantly states/asks: "People have never complained about input lag in Tekken before, have they? Tag 2 was highly regarded, wasn't it?"

Yes they did.

If players will be so submissive by the time T8 lands it will have 9 frames of lag and Harada will still be: "Why are you complaining? You don't understand how it works, you can't feel the lag."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole argument would actually made sense if you said: "No, Tag2 doesn't feel laggy." so I'd be: "Wut? It feels laggy as shit to me." but instead you go into bizarre "He said 8! I must prove he's dumb!" mission.

GrayFoxPL

So, like.. Anyone want to be my master and or training buddy? I would like to learn. NA, east coast here.

If you have any questions just shoot. I and many others will try to answer as best as we can.

For Online training you better ask US gaffers here like ZTS whom I just had a family feud with. Haha.

Who would you like to play as btw?

GrayFoxPL

My mains were Anna and Chang, but I'll be picking up Paul and would like to try Kazumi.

I am down, ps4?

Paul is my main, love to help. Anna I don't know shit, Chang I like because "Elbow! Shotgun!" - so satisfying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit, Julia
n
not in T7 makes my eye twitch. So strange. I'm smelling gig that her moves will be "sold" to someone in the future.

LowParry

I wish they brought back the move steal ability that Yoshi had in 4. Ahhhh, I just miss 4 in general. We had a cab at my old work that I'd play ever day. Good times.

I mean Fox we are both in agreement the lag increase from 6 to Tag 2 could be felt. Everyone who played the game felt it. That's why throws are so much harder to break in Tag 2. We also agree that an increase to say 8 frames is ridiculous.

Tekken 6 had 5 frames if we seriously jump to 8 or 9 frames that would be stupid & I have no idea what the point would be for those frames. The excuse for Tag 2 was the 1 frame buffer for online. I can accept 6.5 but if it is like 8 we all should rightfully be giving Harada shit.

GrayFoxPL

I mean Fox we are both in agreement the lag increase from 6 to Tag 2 could be felt. Everyone who played the game felt it. That's why throws are so much harder to break in Tag 2. We also agree that an increase to say 8 frames is ridiculous.

Tekken 6 had 5 frames if we seriously jump to 8 or 9 frames that would be stupid & I have no idea what the point would be for those frames. The excuse for Tag 2 was the 1 frame buffer for online. I can accept 6.5 but if it is like 8 we all should rightfully be giving Harada shit.

Yeah, I agree.

I wish they brought back the move steal ability that Yoshi had in 4. Ahhhh, I just miss 4 in general. We had a cab at my old work that I'd play ever day. Good times.

Yeah that was fun. I miss a lot of wacky stuff, strange interactions and almost glitch like secret moves. Some of the stuff gave characters "character" like if you do deep thunder god fist with Hei he becomes engulfed with lightning going from his legs to his fist in T3 and Tag1. Or him having many just frames in T4 I never had idea about. Or if Kazuya hits TGF from far away it stagger opponent and tgf extensions always hit. Jin having Omen stance. etc.

I like quirky shit.

I feel Leo is closest to Julia in terms of gameplay. I should prob check her out more. The thing I love about Tekken is the diversity of the cast. I don't mind trying anyone, cause I have fun going through their move list. I am not entirely a beginner when it comes to fighters, but I am ass.

GrayFoxPL

I feel Leo is closest to Julia in terms of gameplay. I should prob check her out more. The thing I love about Tekken is the diversity of the cast. I don't mind trying anyone, cause I have fun going through their move list. I am not entirely a beginner when it comes to fighters, but I am ass.

Yeah it's very fun, educational and refreshing after you mauled countless hours with your mains. In Tag1 and T4 there was command practice option, they gave you 10 moves in order and you had to do them as fast as possible, a quirky little thing.

Don't worry about being ass. Everyone is ass at first then later masks being ass with dirty tricks stolen from less assy players. At least that's me, haha.

Top Bottom