• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Claudio looks really fun, but kinda limited. How does his hand gimmick actually work?

Can someone explain Claudio's starburst to me like I'm 5?

If you hit them with certain moves that involving Claudio's right hand he gains a blue hand charge. During blue hand he gets 4 new move extensions to strings & 1 completely new move. Once he uses one of said moves he loses blue hand & must aquire it again. While in blue hand mode if you do a move that would normally give you blue hand on hit, the animation for blue hand wont come out, reducing the recovery on these moves, & making them better.

If you hit them with certain moves that involving Claudio's right hand he gains a blue hand charge. During blue hand he gets 4 new move extensions to strings & 1 completely new move. Once he uses one of said moves he loses blue hand & must aquire it again. While in blue hand mode if you do a move that would normally give you blue hand on hit, the animation for blue hand wont come out, reducing the recovery on these moves, & making them better.

Thanks. That's pretty cool and more in depth than I imagined.

I'll probably still gravitate towards Kazumi as far as the new cast goes. Her design, stance, tiger. Too perfect. And I've always secretly wanted a low-execution female Mishima.

GrayFoxPL

For Claudio I like that big 3 hit string that goes behind opponent like Akira's SPOD.

But I only saw it used in vanilla. Is it that bad?

Bleep

For Claudio I like that big 3 hit string that goes behind opponent like Akira's SPOD.

The input for that move is 1+2, d+1+2, f+2. I don't have access to current builds, but in vanilla 7 it's -14 on block and you cant continue the string past the first input unless it hits. It's a 17 frame move and does less damage than a juggle so it isn't very useful as a punish. I pretty much only ever use 1+2 to floor break during juggles.

The input for that move is 1+2, d+1+2, f+2. I don't have access to current builds, but in vanilla 7 it's -14 on block and you cant continue the string past the first input unless it hits. It's a 17 frame move and does less damage than a juggle so it isn't very useful as a punish. I pretty much only ever use 1+2 to floor break during juggles.

It's b+2 not f+2 but yeah pretty much.
So 1+2 looks super sick but in 7.0 that shit was useless. It has since received a damage buff and a push back on block to make it easier to space at a safer distance. Knee uses it a lot now when he plays. I have yet to play the new build with these buffs.

Bleep

It's b+2 not f+2 but yeah pretty much.
So 1+2 looks super sick but in 7.0 that shit was useless. It has since received a damage buff and a push back on block to make it easier to space at a safer distance. Knee uses it a lot now when he plays. I have yet to play the new build with these buffs.
The official notation is f+2, but I guess it depends whether you're taking into account the side switch during the animation. :p

capturet7uk2.png

Pachimari

Is it confirmed we get the preorder bonuses buying from cdkeys? It has no mention of it on the site. On humble, monthly subscribers can get it for $67.49 and get 5% ($3.38) back in their humble wallet as well. I might go that route instead as the preorder bonus is mentioned.

You will not get the pre-order bonuses if you pre-order from CD Keys.

Pachimari

Sucks that Josie almost got nothing on her profile. I guess she's part of the victims of a typhoon, but comes across Kuma who is giving aid, and if she wins against him she would be recruited into the Tekken Force, but instead ends up running away crying.....

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for the info. Maybe it's buffed in the console build.

I went to a trip down memory lane and revisited a classic thread. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=947059

3 years later, what's the consensus?

Some people are still on the hate train, some people have come around.

Personally i wish she could have kept her concept outfit as that was way better, but i like seeing her played. Partially because she's so rare to see and she has a very explosive playstyle.

But probably not gonna play her myself.

Some people are still on the hate train, some people have come around.

Personally i wish she could have kept her concept outfit as that was way better, but i like seeing her played. Partially because she's so rare to see and she has a very explosive playstyle.

But probably not gonna play her myself.

Pretty much where i'm at and customization exists so will be changing the default.

Yoshi and Leo?
p1uZ7dC.jpg

King and Jack?
p1uZ7dC.jpg

Goodbye-Michael-gif-the-office-21673044-300-169.gif

Edit -- I've grown a bit on Chloe too. Now, I can at least appreciate her unique moveset. All the rest of the new cast are boring as hell IMO. Then again. I play Yoshi. So my testimony is moot.

Idk but it pretty much says it all right there. Leo is Leon now and somehow connected to Yoshi. I'll ask my buddy where he got it. 99% sure Twitter or FB

Update-- It's from someone named Ludi from Tekken Zaibatsu apparently

"Some fights are personal"

*reads a bunch of random first opponent battles in a worldwide tournament*

Such personal. Kind of hard to gauge what they're going for with the story mode stuff for the non-main characters. They get one battle with fancy cutscenes? Or will it amount to a rivalry that comes to a head later on? Like Yoshi vs Leo for instance... It's an interesting concept, but they read like opening stage descriptions moreso than a bio. Excited to find out nonetheless.

Unless *gasp*
Yoshi killed Leo's mom!?

Top Bottom