• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

The only Tekken game I didn't play was Tekken 4, and played a bit of Tag 1. I am not a fan of the tag series. I prefer solo, I have been practicing on Tag 2 solo. My fav Tekken was Dark Ressurection.

Onemic

The only Tekken game I didn't play was Tekken 4, and played a bit of Tag 1. I am not a fan of the tag series. I prefer solo, I have been practicing on Tag 2 solo. My fav Tekken was Dark Ressurection.

Oh you're practicing on TTT2 as well? So am I. What's your PSN?

I think I finally found a way to mod a real Korean stick into a MCZ stick without serious mods to the body of the stick.. No more shitty Crown rip off if I can really get this to work.

I've been training on TTT²/T7PSP with my Hitbox for a few weeks now :

On P1 side, i think i'm ready, execution-wise (EWGF 95%~ in training mode, Wavedashes, backdash cancels)
On P2 side tho'... Lmao. I can't even wavedash properly.

I think I finally found a way to mod a real Korean stick into a MCZ stick without serious mods to the body of the stick.. No more shitty Crown rip off if I can really get this to work.
I was thinking of adding a 2lb spring to add some tension to my jlf. Why are the Korean joysticks preferred for Tekken? Is it the tension?

Possibly? I just know that the stick snap back to neutral quicker and that's good for shit like bdc.
Ah, yeah. I'll solve that problem with a 2lb spring. I have been meaning to change out for a while now. I hate when I get a input I know i didn't do when I let the stick go to nuetral.

sasuke_91

Yeah it's very fun, educational and refreshing after you mauled countless hours with your mains. In Tag1 and T4 there was command practice option, they gave you 10 moves in order and you had to do them as fast as possible, a quirky little thing.

I miss that so much! I was able to do Jin's command practice in 18 seconds (or was it 28?) and thought I was a big deal.
I pulled off an EWGF every now and then and didn't understand what was happening. Couldn't find it in his command list either. "Is this a secret move?"

I've been training on TTT²/T7PSP with my Hitbox for a few weeks now :

On P1 side, i think i'm ready, execution-wise (EWGF 95%~ in training mode, Wavedashes, backdash cancels)
On P2 side tho'... Lmao. I can't even wavedash properly.

Wow 95% is pretty damn crazy. That's top tier execution.

I was thinking of adding a 2lb spring to add some tension to my jlf. Why are the Korean joysticks preferred for Tekken? Is it the tension?

3 reasons

1.) They use rubber instead of springs, like a bushing on a car, which allow the sticks to return to neutral better without the wiggle from a spring.

2.) They have no gate so it is really easy to flow from one motion to another.

3.) They are battop which I personally think is more ergonomically designed

3 reasons

1.) They use rubber instead of springs, like a bushing on a car, which allow the sticks to return to neutral better without the wiggle from a spring.

2.) They have no gate so it is really easy to flow from one motion to another.

3.) They are battop which I personally think is more ergonomically designed
Wish I can try one out then.
Agree with the bad top. Love it

Meh the mod didn't work. I might be able to complete it with some extra mods but that is with stuff that's out of the relm of possibility for your average do it yourself stick modder.

Rheon

T7 is so inconsistent with hair

vlcsnap-2017-05-18-14h11m37s001.png

GrayFoxPL

Wonder how my training with the older Tekkens(Since can't run Tag2) will translate to T7.

And I should probably start looking to preorder.

GrayFoxPL

At the very least, go with Tekken 6. Though I'm just going to wait till 7 drops and start my training there.

I'm playing T6, DR, T5, T4 and Tag1 in exchange since my Tag2 died. Mostly T6 and DR. Since they all lack modern moves I practice what I can, electrics, hellsweeps, demo man, deathfist etc. Setups and frame traps. I gotta practice Lee's 1,3,3,3 jf on T4 now.

Edit: I learned to do crouch dash ws+2 with Kaz pretty reliably at varied speeds. I started when I noticed Korean match vids that players have a hard time to differentiate ws+2 and df+2 gut punches and mostly go for 12 frame punish. I never thought about it, playing so many years of Kaz I assumed people notice the difference right away.

I'm glad I'm training now because if I left it till T7 I'd do just terrible. Right now I'm doing 1 day of Tekken, 1 day of other games regime.

Hmm...Deluxe T7 for 93$ is tempting.

I preordered on Bamcos official site awhile back. I don't recall shipping options, but it's coming super saver shipping. Says 5-10 days. Got the email the credit charge goes thru in a day or two.

Here's hoping the game arrives on time and not halfway through June.

GrayFoxPL

I preordered on Bamcos official site awhile back. I don't recall shipping options, but it's coming super saver shipping. Says 5-10 days. Got the email the credit charge goes thru in a day or two.

Here's hoping the game arrives on time and not halfway through June.

You gonna wait that long? Sellers here ship 1-2 day before release so it comes on launch day.

SarusGray

I feel Leo is closest to Julia in terms of gameplay. I should prob check her out more. The thing I love about Tekken is the diversity of the cast. I don't mind trying anyone, cause I have fun going through their move list. I am not entirely a beginner when it comes to fighters, but I am ass.

As a Julia main, leo didn't jive with me at all. Not as quick and the mind games and punish with ff+1 and mad axes were heavenly. Leo doesn't have those unfortunately.

I'm learning Xiaoyu. I'll miss my american indian bae.

Doomshine

Just preordered a regular PS4 copy. Not a fan of all these retailer-specific preorder bonuses, I feel like we've been spared those for the most part over here, but I guess no longer. None of them seemed interesting anyway, so regular copy for me.

I'm going to wait to see what's in the season pass before getting it.

GrayFoxPL

Let's train hard guys. First 3 months will be savage. Noobies will realize the brutal reality of Tekken and most will abandon the game. Old dogs are what will be left and the real game begins.

Dereck

Just bought this converter which will allow me to play PS4 with a PS3 pad, courtesy of AAK.

ipdnmnd.jpg

I'll post my impressions soon.

Dereck

I tried it with Dead or Alive, frankly can't tell if it's lagging or not. I'll hold on to it and use it on other games later on.

Pachimari

Do you guys happen to know where I can find the high res photos of the character renders? I'm supposed to make a yearly calendar in InDesign and would like to print it out on an A4 paper.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Do you guys happen to know where I can find the high res photos of the character renders? I'm supposed to make a yearly calendar in InDesign and would like to print it out on an A4 paper.

If you tweet namco Bandai they'll probably point you in the direction of a press pack for hi res images.

Rajang

That reminds me, if any other Dutch folks are still looking to preorder, YGZ currently has the deluxe for e77 and the collectors for e129 which isn't too bad.

---
I've been practicing a bunch of Tekken lately, mainly with Nuszka and Rajang. Picked up a new character in Leo and s-l-o-w-l-y getting competent.

Thanks for the heads up, just pre-ordered the deluxe version.

And yea your Leo is getting better and better.

I wish I could say the same about my Steve. :(

Jer

Random question - where do you go nowadays to see upcoming offline tournaments? Tekken Zaibatsu is completely dead, is there a better place to look?

Been watching a bunch of Tekken today. The hype is coming back to me.

Came across a tournament final between GAF's own ZTS and old Reepal. I didn't realize anyone here was legitimately good at the game :p You're also pretty cute irl so congrats on that too.

Random question - where do you go nowadays to see upcoming offline tournaments? Tekken Zaibatsu is completely dead, is there a better place to look?

Zaibatsu has a discord. Also see if there's a FGC community in your neck of the woods lol. There's also Kor's Tekken Academy on Facebook

Top Bottom