• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Kiru

Does anyone have working Seeds for unlocking The Lost on PC ? I tried those I found via google, no mulliboom...

Does anyone have working Seeds for unlocking The Lost on PC ? I tried those I found via google, no mulliboom...

If the seeds don't have mulliboom, you probably don't have the cellar unlocked yet.

And the most likely culprit for that is you have never killed Gemini small-head first.

EDIT: To check, the Cellar is secret #86.

man this game gets some good fan art.

tumblr_njfp23gf101qmhrq1o1_1280.png

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is the patch out yet? Is the patch out yet? Is the patch out yet? Is the patch out yet? Is the patch out yet? Is the patch out yet?

My patience is wearing thin.

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/110884940374/afterbirth

Afterbirth!
ELLO THAR!
its been a while since ive updated, but its about time we talk a bit more about the upcoming Rebirth DLC
The game expansion will be called Afterbirth.it will come out sometime this year (hopefully around the middle)
this expansion will feature:
- 100+ new items
- a full new game mode that will totally change how you play
- 10 new challenges
- a new playable character
- a new alternate final chapter
- new alt floors
- new game endings
- new final bosses
- tons of new bosses and enemies
- new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.
- tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
- new co-op babies
- new transformations
- and more… :|
you could almost get lost in all that new content!it should easily extend the gameplay time by another 100-200 hours…

last update i asked for you guys to give me some awesome challenges for the DLC via reddit, here are the top 9 challenge suggestions you all posted.
keep in mind that not all of these challenges will make it into the DLC, and if they do they might not be designed as described.

1. a XXXL room challenge: all floors are XL but have the max amount of rooms per XL floor.
2. High Speed!: the game plays at x2 speed
3. Sonic: all doors are arcade doors, start with 99 coins all enemies have greed shot effect (cause you to drop/loose coins) you die at 0 coins.
4. Max hearts : a challenge where you start with max heart containers but hearts no longer drop.
5. High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang
6. Rollers: each time you complete a room all of your items and stats are rerolled (item pools arent depleted)
7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
8. Blue Bomber: blue baby run with kamikaze + flying + new dlc item + pyromaniac, Blindfolded (no tears)
9. all start boss rush: a challenge where you fight all the games bosses

————————-

this week i want to ask the isaac community about item combos.
so as some of you know, almost all the cool item stacking in rebirth has to be hard coded, this isnt easy because there are so damn many possible item combos its just not realistic to have a functional combo for every item in the game… but we can still add combos that feel the most logical/needed.
so this week im asking everyone to pool their knowledge and give us your top 10 must have item combos in rebirth that dont currently exist.
a good example would be midas touch + ecoli = golden poop on touch, or brimstone + moms knife = barfing knives.
please post your must have combos on this reddit thread HERE.
ill read them and post the top 10 in the next blog update.

—————
in other news Florian (original programmer for isaac) got a new pc and found a way to open/update the old games fla files (kinda, it still breaks 80% of the time).hes been playing a lot of rebirth these days and was jonesin to work on the game again, he came to me a few weeks back with an swf with a few modded bosses that he then called “eternal bosses” white over powered bosses that play very differently. he made so many i thought it might be cool to attempt to patch the old game with anew “hard mode” that will feature tons of new eternal bosses, enemies and a few other little features that will keep skilled players on their toes.
this update will be free, but will only update for those of who own wrath of the lamb. not sure when he will be done, but its a very nice update for the 1000s of people who still play the classic game daily.this update will also feature tons of bug fixes that florian hasnt been able to fix for a long time.

aku:jiki

Hah, they actually went with Afterbirth! That's awesome.

Also heard about the Florian thing and that's pretty random and cool. I'm gonna have to check it out when it drops even if I probably won't play it very much.

BouncyFrag

I was on a Maggie boss rush run and ended up with boomerang tears, chocolate milk, toxic tears, psyths, and a hefty damage stat. A fully charged shot fills up about 2/3 of of a regular room and then returns usually hitting the rest of the room. Seeing a ginormous psyth clear a room in about one second is why I'm still enjoying the hell out of this game.

SerTapTap

Afterbirth is the best name they could have picked. Changes sound good.

7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)

Ed no. ed pls

Still can't get past Caves II.

But, one day I will damnit!

You can do it! What's getting you killed, any common mistakes? Isaac is a constant learning process, but sometimes you need to look up stuff on plat god/a wiki to understand what you're not getting

Vlad

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread to avoid spoilers, but I had to pop in to voice something that's very much on my mind after a recent failed run:

Fuck Mega Fatty.

Am I just slow, or is his jump attack pretty much impossible to avoid? Sometimes there's a decent pause between when he leaps and lands, but sometimes he lands a split second after leaving the screen, leaving me zero time to actually dodge. It almost feels like a bug, since there aren't really any other enemies that have attacks that are as difficult to avoid.

Otherwise, though, I think I'm coming towards the point where I'm feeling like I'm coming close to "finishing" the game. I've also been staying off the wiki to avoid spoilers, but I'm assuming that there's nothing more to do beyond beating
The Lamb and ???
with all the characters on Hard, correct? I've already done it on Easy, and beaten
Mega Satan
with a few characters, but it doesn't seem like the game keeps track of who you beat him with.

According to the item screen, there's still a few items that I've yet to see, and there's still a few secrets that have yet to unlock, so I guess I'll see what happens once I'm done with Hard.

Fenror

Neo Member
Fuck Mega Fatty.

Am I just slow, or is his jump attack pretty much impossible to avoid? Sometimes there's a decent pause between when he leaps and lands, but sometimes he lands a split second after leaving the screen, leaving me zero time to actually dodge.
The easiest way to avoid it is to just keep moving during the entire encounter.

SerTapTap

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread to avoid spoilers, but I had to pop in to voice something that's very much on my mind after a recent failed run:

Fuck Mega Fatty.

Am I just slow, or is his jump attack pretty much impossible to avoid?

Some of his hops are extremely short, but like almost all jump attacks, his target is wherever you are the moment he starts the jump, so just keep moving.

And no, you're pretty much done, there are a few random unlocks you might have missed, you need to beat Mom's Heart in hard with everything, then beat everything on hard with Super Awful Secret Character that I'm not entirely sure you're aware of. I think avoiding spoilers is futile for that one, it's a bullshit "secret" that was never possible to discover on your own anyway. Also it's terrible game design beyond that but, we've covered that before.

Aside from the secret character, you get nothing for beating hard mode past the Heart. I'd just look up the unlocks honestly. The ones I missed were mostly stupid crap.

Vlad

Some of his hops are extremely short, but like almost all jump attacks, his target is wherever you are the moment he starts the jump, so just keep moving.

And no, you're pretty much done, there are a few random unlocks you might have missed, you need to beat Mom's Heart in hard with everything, then beat everything on hard with Super Awful Secret Character that I'm not entirely sure you're aware of. I think avoiding spoilers is futile for that one, it's a bullshit "secret" that was never possible to discover on your own anyway. Also it's terrible game design beyond that but, we've covered that before.

Aside from the secret character, you get nothing for beating hard mode past the Heart. I'd just look up the unlocks honestly. The ones I missed were mostly stupid crap.

Well, according to the character select screen, I've unlocked everybody, unless there's something else that I'm missing. I figure that once I've completed all of hard mode with everybody, I'll see what I'm missing and come back to see if anybody feels like giving me sublte hints as to what to do next.

You only have to beat Mom's Heart on Hard to unlock stuff, though? That's weird, considering that the other things unlocked stuff on Easy. I have noticed that I've been unlocking items by doing that, but I don't think I've found a single one yet
Glitch Baby, Fighting Baby, Crow Baby, and so on

I had a dream last night that i had blank card, chaos card, 9volt and sharp plug.

all those poor bosses...

also, this dlc sounds amazing. i can't wait. i've just about beating everything with everyone on hard, aside from the lost who i have done nothing with. once i do that i suppose i'll grind it out and bang my head against some lost runs.

ps. anyone know what the current version of rebirth is? i'm just curious because it's hard to tell when my vita updates. i'm on v1.3 right now.

I had a dream last night that i had blank card, chaos card, 9volt and sharp plug.

all those poor bosses...

also, this dlc sounds amazing. i can't wait. i've just about beating everything with everyone on hard, aside from the lost who i have done nothing with. once i do that i suppose i'll grind it out and bang my head against some lost runs.

ps. anyone know what the current version of rebirth is? i'm just curious because it's hard to tell when my vita updates. i'm on v1.3 right now.

On European PS4 we're still on v1.1 last I checked.

SerTapTap

1.3 is Best Version. That's the current US Playstation version, and it still includes the Seed Exploit, a fair amount of the fixes, but still has broken hard mode. If you want to cheese out The Lost (hint: you do) I'd do it now.

PC is on a higher version and they're apparently going to bring some new version to PS soon. Nicalis confirmed this when asked about the EU patch

Haunted

they're really calling it afterbirth

edit: 5. High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang

clever

There should also totally be a mom transformation, with the amount of mom items in the game. (wig, eye, contacts, key, knife, perfume, lipstick, coin purse, underwear, bra, toenail...) I mean they made the Guppy transformation by getting 3 out of 6. Surely there's something they can do with all the mom items.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wow, DLC will be awesome. This and Resogun providing endless replay value.

SerTapTap

how might i do that?

Enter a seed, exit out to the save select, go back to the game and start a run like normal. You'll be using the seed you put in but it'll act like a normal random run. Was disabled post 1.3, but basically use a Holy Mantle seed for The Lost and everything's peachy.

...by everything's peach I mean still extremely hard, but it's doable and random bullshit won't kill you, your own incompetence might though. Also, you can use curse rooms!

You can also do it to get item completion...I strongly recommend doing that, as randomly getting all the items is a huge pain in the ass and requires no skill, all patience.

Enter a seed, exit out to the save select, go back to the game and start a run like normal. You'll be using the seed you put in but it'll act like a normal random run. Was disabled post 1.3, but basically use a Holy Mantle seed for The Lost and everything's peachy.

...by everything's peach I mean still extremely hard, but it's doable and random bullshit won't kill you, your own incompetence might though. Also, you can use curse rooms!

You can also do it to get item completion...I strongly recommend doing that, as randomly getting all the items is a huge pain in the ass and requires no skill, all patience.

If you just want to say "fuck The Lost" use this seed.

SNF3 DRKA

Holy Mantle first item room, 20/20, both Cricket items, Guppy, several damage ups. It's basically impossible to die.

SerTapTap

SNF3 DRKA

Holy Mantle first item room, 20/20, both Cricket items, Guppy, several damage ups. It's basically impossible to die.

Wow. The seed I had was pretty good, but still a solid challenge. I posted it somewhere in this thread, it has good but not super OP items, daddy's love, high damage normal-ish tears, enough to get you to the end but nothing super crazy. Died maybe 20 or so times in it while getting all unlocks. I just wish I could play proper random floors with The Lost and Holy Mantle, might actually be interesting then. The only problem with my seed fun-wise is eventually you know what's coming, so it's a bit boring but eh, better than trying 40000 times

oh that sounds great, it'll save me the trouble of canceling out of bad seeds till i found mantle anyways. thanks for the tip. :D

Stoze

SNF3 DRKA

Thanks, I'll try this one later tonight. I have everything done except bosh rush with The Lost.

The only problem with my seed fun-wise is eventually you know what's coming, so it's a bit boring but eh, better than trying 40000 times

Yeah playing with a seed more than a couple times pretty much kills all the enjoyment for me, that's why when I did the Lost stuff I collected a bunch of good seeds from here and reddit without looking at what they entailed, and did a round robin of them a few times and got most of the stuff done while still enjoying the randomness. The most annoying part was having to enter in the seeds again after checking curse rooms on the first floor.

Top Bottom