• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

Probably going to be unpleasant, but you can try on a different save file as well. I had none fail when trophy hunting on a second save, entirely possible it was pure luck though. Dead Boy was not one of them.

Wait there is a trophy glitch? How do I know if I am affected?

Sometimes trophies just don't pop when you get the ingame unlock. You should have noticed it when it happened, if you know there was a trophy. OTherwise, check your ingame unlocks vs unlocked trophies. It seems entirely random, most of mine were boss kill trophies though

Fuck sake. Still not popping.

Guess I have to wait another fucking 3 months.

To this day Steam achievements are not perfectly awarded. The difference being that on Steam you can press a key to force a sync.

This leads me to believe that you will never just "get" all the trophies, they will never have it completely fixed. All I can recommend is doing what I did, starting up a second file and syncing right before the trophy situations so if they don't pop you can reload and try again.

All other workarounds only work for some lucky people, and even for some of those they don't work 100%.

Guys your trophy fix isn't working for me. I unlcked dead boy and it didn't pop. So I uploaded he save like you said, deleted the file, downloaded the file, quit and restarted he game and still nothing. Specifically when is the trophy popping for you guys? In the menu or a new run or what?
It might be a longshot but rather than upload>delete>download>restart, try upload>delete>restart>download.

I was forced to restart after deleting because deleting crashed the game. So I downloaded after restarting.

Downloading after restarting to resync trophies would make sense as you're essentially starting a fresh game when you do things in that order.

Fingers crossed.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It might be a longshot but rather than upload>delete>download>restart, try upload>delete>restart>download.

I was forced to restart after deleting because deleting crashed the game. So I downloaded after restarting.

Downloading after restarting to resync trophies would make sense as you're essentially starting a fresh game when you do things in that order.

Fingers crossed.
I tried doing it many ways, including that way. Doesn't work. I'm just gonna have to hope the next patch will give me the trophy.

Sarcasm

Probably going to be unpleasant, but you can try on a different save file as well. I had none fail when trophy hunting on a second save, entirely possible it was pure luck though. Dead Boy was not one of them.

Sometimes trophies just don't pop when you get the ingame unlock. You should have noticed it when it happened, if you know there was a trophy. OTherwise, check your ingame unlocks vs unlocked trophies. It seems entirely random, most of mine were boss kill trophies though

Honestly I would have no clue...lol. How do I even check trophies while ingame?

Stoze

Newest patch popped the last trophies I was missing on PS4 after I restarted the game.

Farethee well 1.03, you will be missed. Seriously though outside of trophy glitches that patch was a really good one to stay on. Probably won't be using seeded runs again.

YoodlePro

Well for me, as soon as I started the game after patch installed (both ps4 and vita) a pop up came which said, godhead unlocked.

I guess I didnt have to do anythong lol

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Any tips on getting godhead to spawn? I've tried playing as Isaac and rerolling every time I get an angel rom but godhead just wont spawn. I've also tried playing as judas for guaranteed devil/angel room every floor but still nothing. I miss the seed glitch.

SerTapTap

Any tips on getting godhead to spawn? I've tried playing as Isaac and rerolling every time I get an angel rom but godhead just wont spawn. I've also tried playing as judas for guaranteed devil/angel room every floor but still nothing. I miss the seed glitch.

You're killing the Angel and rerolling the key piece, right? Not sure Judas is worth the inability to reroll. You can also just reroll Eden ad nauseum, it's in their pool, though that might run you out of Eden tokens. There's items to boost your ability to get angel rooms but they're too rare to depend on other than Goat Head from a red chest.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You're killing the Angel and rerolling the key piece, right? Not sure Judas is worth the inability to reroll. You can also just reroll Eden ad nauseum, it's in their pool, though that might run you out of Eden tokens. There's items to boost your ability to get angel rooms but they're too rare to depend on other than Goat Head from a red chest.
Yeah I have been and still nothing so far. Just gotta get lucky I guess. I'll give it a few more runs and if not I'll try that eden method.

BigAT

I think Isaac/D6 is the way to go. The only other thing I can think of to recommend that hasn't been mentioned yet is trying to do the boss on the floor as soon as possible. Don't pick up the items in the Angel Room even if you miss on the re-roll, then leave and try to get a reset of your D6 through clearing rooms or a battery. Yes, there is a chance that the Angel Room might not show up again when you go back, but if it doesn't, who cares? You might have another re-roll of two Angel items though which can be big.

Similarly if you happen to have a 48-hour energy pill on you before you go in the Angel Room you can get multiple re-rolls and increase your odds.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Still haven't got godhead. In the chest the items there have items from every item pool, right? I was hoping I might be able to get godhead there but no luck. In my last run I rerolled the four chest items FIVE times and still nothing. Man this is annoying.

Lol I just googled it. Apparantly not. The reason I thought that is because I swear I've seen certain angel pool items there before.

Still haven't got godhead. In the chest the items there have items from every item pool, right? I was hoping I might be able to get godhead there but no luck. In my last run I rerolled the four chest items FIVE times and still nothing. Man this is annoying.

I don't know about that. I think it's Angel Room exclusive. Another quick way would be restarting with Eden again and again and using a backed up save when you run out of tokens

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't know about that. I think it's Angel Room exclusive. Another quick way would be restarting with Eden again and again and using a backed up save when you run out of tokens
I tried that too and stopped trying after 50 or so failures.

Another 60 Eden failures. Well this metbod doesn't seem any better. This is really disheartening.

BigAT

Lol I just googled it. Apparantly not. The reason I thought that is because I swear I've seen certain angel pool items there before.

There are some items that are in both the Angel Room and Treasure Room pool, those are the ones you probably saw. Angel Room exclusives (like Godhead) don't drop there.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
LXVII

That's what floor it took on a BASE MENT run for godhead to show up. I just did that seed because I had to check for sure that godhead actually is possible to find and my save wasn't glitched or anything. The fact it took me that long for godhead to show up on that seed does not bode well for me.

Before anyone points out I could have just did a godhead seed, I had my reasons for testing it this way. I wanted to see how long it would take to show up "naturally".

SerTapTap

LXVII

That's what floor it took on a BASE MENT run for godhead to show up. I just did that seed because I had to check for sure that godhead actually is possible to find and my save wasn't glitched or anything. The fact it took me that long for godhead to show up on that seed does not bode well for me.

Before anyone points out I could have just did a godhead seed, I had my reasons for testing it this way. I wanted to see how long it would take to show up "naturally".

BASE MENT is awful for getting angel rooms though.

Dont' think there's any reason to worry about "naturally" though--seeds are seeds, if godhead weren't unlocked it won't show up in any seed. You're always playing a seed, you just don't know what it is until you start.

But yes Godhead/100% item collection is awful

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way to figure out what items are missing for collection?

I can see 4-5 items left with "?" on the items page, but surely there has to be an easier way?

Just_one

What's the best way to figure out what items are missing for collection?

I can see 4-5 items left with "?" on the items page, but surely there has to be an easier way?

Go here : http://platinumgod.co.uk/

it has all the items in order with the game so you can see what´s left and how to get them.

on other news i cant believe im saying this but....

PLATINIUM TROPHY !!!! :D

Only thing left was dead boy because of the glitch and my wife (which btw did about 85% of the game on her own , hell i even started liking the game watching her play on vita) did it last night.

she´s the best in the world playing isaac without any doubt!!!

any eta on when the DLC is suppose to be available?

Finally got godhead + guardian angel in one run, which were the last two items to get real plat god. Took hours of resetting to get goat head + sharp plug in the same run - sharp plug barely ever appeared for me despite rerolling the store so many times - and luckily got wafer in the first angel room. Still needed two angel rooms, and plenty of health to finally get both items in the second angel room. Also needed to do the alt f4 exploit several times to make sure I had enough health but fuck it, finally done.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Book of revelations first floor. 3 bandages and then a goddamn white pony. I hate this game so much sometimes.

Edit: I now only have 4 eden tokens left but hellz yeah got book of revelations and got bandage girl. Just need to find the item that unlocked and I'll have platinum god. But not a platinum trophy because of the trophy glitch not unlocking the dead boy trophy.

Dead boy trophy randomly popped for me last night. This gave me hope. But then neither platinum god trophy popped for me this morning. Sigh.

BigAT

Finally I'm free!

xOFdcoU.jpg

phlFtwZ.jpg

SerTapTap

Book of revelations first floor. 3 bandages and then a goddamn white pony. I hate this game so much sometimes.

Edit: I now only have 4 eden tokens left but hellz yeah got book of revelations and got bandage girl. Just need to find the item that unlocked and I'll have platinum god. But not a platinum trophy because of the trophy glitch not unlocking the dead boy trophy.

Dead boy trophy randomly popped for me last night. This gave me hope. But then neither platinum god trophy popped for me this morning. Sigh.

You're 100% certain you have all unlocks but true plat god? I thought it didn't plat god didn't trigger for me but I forgot the 100 deaths one or something. And since (some) trophy unlocks were retroactive (lucky fuck of a friend of mine got 5 just by opening the game) they clearly know about it, they might not know it's not entirely fixed though

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You're 100% certain you have all unlocks but true plat god? I thought it didn't plat god didn't trigger for me but I forgot the 100 deaths one or something. And since (some) trophy unlocks were retroactive (lucky fuck of a friend of mine got 5 just by opening the game) they clearly know about it, they might not know it's not entirely fixed though
I do have real plat god. Says so on my save file. It's just the two plat god trophies haven't popped. Or 3 trophies if you count the platinum trophy.

SerTapTap

Huh. Really don't know why the (apparently) retroactive trophy check wouldn't pop if you clearly have the unlock in game. I assumed Dead Boy wasn't retroactive because the unlock doesn't pop either, IIRC

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Dead boy didn't pop for me when I got it a couple days ago or whenever it was even after trying the upload delete download method. But last night it randomly popped when I opened the game. I'm just gonna have to hope the same happens with the plat god trophies at some point.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy hell sometimes this game just totally bones you on Eden runs. Just lost a 16 Eden streak because of a bs start with one tick in each stat and one heart. The cellar is awful.

SerTapTap

Yep, EU PS is now in line with the PC version

Holy hell sometimes this game just totally bones you on Eden runs. Just lost a 16 Eden streak because of a bs start with one tick in each stat and one heart. The cellar is awful.

I had something like that happen once, I figured there was a minimum for Eden's stats until that. 1 in speed and damage is intolerable.

tornjaw

I did it! I finally did it! Over a thousand deaths but I finally completed
The Lost
's runs.

Now on to a greater challenge: Super Meat Boy/Bandage Girl :(

zulux21

I had the easiest yet most pathetic isaac kill ever.

I had the cube of meat, the peeper, the leech and the toonuki item that makes you a statue

walked into the middle of the room, turned to stone, let my familiars kill isaac.

it only took 30 or so minutes for them to kill him ><;

SerTapTap

I'm kind of assuming any new content will include The Lost and I'll just be skipping that aspect of it. I have the platinum so whatever.

Kid Ska

I'm just worried that they'll gate more items behind Lost challenges again. I'd rather not miss out on more content because of that horrible character.

Kid Ska

Oh boy. Edmund and Tyrone are going crazy on Twitter and I don't know what to believe. Worst case scenario is that the game only comes to new 3DS.

Top Bottom