• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/Ew1L7i6dn_0
The weather is looking hot and humid.
GE8ggui.gif

I'm not going to be around much, I'm kind of done with GAF and gaming forums in general.
giphy.gif

Demi oz still in the magical kingdom
:(

No Stanley gif that related..

RedSwirl

First of all, be glad you didn't go in the coffee thread saying Keurig. They would have slandered you all day. I like the Keurig, it is convenient and quick. I echo sub's thought that using the re-usable cups with ground coffee is the way to go. If you have time, you could try a french press. I use one on the weekends and the coffee it makes is really good. But that comes down to if you want to go through the hassle of making it. Hitting a button on the Keurig is much easier.

I was thinking more like advice on blends.

I was thinking more like advice on blends.

A lot of people I know are fans of the Dunkin Donuts blends, but I'm not really into it. If you're looking for a blend with strong caffeine, stick to Starbucks blends, which can typically be found for like 7 or 8 bucks at Walmart. I personally prefer the Sumatra blend because it's a dark roast, but just about all of their stuff is caffeine-saturated, so it really boils down (heh) to personal preference.

Crocodile

The comparison isn't exactly 1 to 1 but its close enough that I understand what you mean.

I'll be honest, and this is only how I feel since I don't have any data to back this up, it seems women and homosexuals are making bigger "gains"/getting less push back in the United States than minorities in general . I think a large part of it is that there are more white women in the country than minorities of any gender and it becomes increasingly harder to be a gay bashing bigot when you meet more and more people who look like you (family member, friend, co-worker) who are gay. However, its still super easy to "other" those who don't look like you.

Am I wrong on this? I could just be a fucking idiot and I certainly don't mean to imply everything is all "honky dory" regarding gender or sexuality issues (far from it) but it feels like bigger gains are being made there even though we got a Black dude into the White House.

I'm quoting myself because I stumbled upon this article from last year with an interview with Justice Ginsburg. She pretty much says exactly what I said in the above post. I guess its reassuring people in high places have had the same thoughts I've had (not that I ever claimed my thoughts were unique or special of course) but now one has to wonder if we're still just "fucked".

It all depends on how you look at it. I mean, in all cases there is alot of lip service being given here. Like at my job, a few years ago they made all these efforts to be more diverse in management, but 85% of the women and minorities that are managers don't actually manage people, they just have a title. So while yes, same sex marriage is legal, and you see "gains" with women, the real change is when people's attitudes and biases change. I think there will always be people who hate blacks, latinos, gays, and feel women should only be barefoot and pregnant. The challenge is to make sure they are held accountable when those feelings start affecting people in their workplace or daily lives. That doesn't happen consistently. The main reason is people are too busy trying to make money to eat and live and don't have time or means to fight.

Yeah, the interia of the status quo can be very hard to fight against. You even see that with other issues like gun control an what not. I have no idea what the "boiling point" is but if we make enough baby steps hopefully we can "get there" in our lifetimes.

Folks talk about OP, this team is OP before you get to the fact Galactus is on it

And the diversity!!!!

Somewhere, Dwayne McDuffie is smiling.

Oh, that's got to be a misdemeanor. I think you would lose your job just on the suspicion.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/29436049/young-on-flag

Andrew Young ain't shit.

You can't care about 2 issues at the same time, folks. And if you care about one issue, it prevents you from caring about another.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that if MLK was alive today, he'd be on that respectability politics train?

Young Magus

Life is harsh hug me, don't reject me.

I'm not going to be around much, I'm kind of done with GAF and gaming forums in general.

Man I don't blame ya bro. Im thinking bout bouncing from time to time myself. Tiring seeing the shit that spews from people online

We'll miss ya b.

so thats an RIP to angelus, DY, Devo, the bear, Moris, *****_, Rio...anyone else im missing?

......damn when you see that list its pretty bad.

Demi is still in the magical kingdom

The great fandom in the sky if you will

Wait, DY, Devo and Moris are banned or are they just not posting here anymore?

They all said peace out, can't blame them tbh.

JLynn

Question. After seeing so many posts on how Fassbender looks nothing at all like Steve Jobs, who in you opinion looked the closest to the actual person they portrayed? My answer is Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's The Doors.

Question. After seeing so many posts on how Fassbender looks nothing at all like Steve Jobs, who in you opinion looked the closest to the actual person they portrayed? My answer is Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's The Doors.
Ellen Page

And I meant current day Skee Lo would do those numbers today

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Good news everyone!
hope you read that in a specific voice

Reference level is complete.
Now I gotta just get fingerprinted and drug tested and I'm in like flint.

Young Magus

Edit:
Good news everyone!

おめでとうございます!!!!

The new generation gotta keep BCT going.

Whats the new generation OT cut off point?

Also, my friends released their first LP recently....so if ya can check it out and support pls ;-;

Shy

Awww, that's a shame. Take care of yourself on your travels.
so thats an RIP to angelus, DY, Devo, the bear, Moris, *****_, Rio...anyone else im missing?
*sigh* i really wished i didn't wait as long as i did to make my gaf account.
Good news everyone!

Noice!
7JTwV5n.gif

FyreWulff

Blegh. Got into a Facebook argument (yeah, I know) about someone saying "al sharptonz needs to come down here and tell people to stop shooting each other!!1111" with cold fucking stats about how the majority of gang violence is actually committed by white people, that the rate of white on white murder is higher than black on black murder, and that if you are a white person you are six times more likely to be killed by someone else that is white than anyone who is black.

Their response is to tell me it's liberal propaganda.. then I point out it's statistics compiled by the FBI itself from 1980 to 2008. Every goddamn time, they just delete me or go back to their own wall and don't even come back to the comment thread. I'm slowly being sectioned off for dropping stat bombs on everyone's circlejerk parades :p

Slayven

Blegh. Got into a Facebook argument (yeah, I know) about someone saying "al sharptonz needs to come down here and tell people to stop shooting each other!!1111" with cold fucking stats about how the majority of gang violence is actually committed by white people, that the rate of white on white murder is higher than black on black murder, and that if you are a white person you are six times more likely to be killed by someone else that is white than anyone who is black.

Their response is to tell me it's liberal propaganda.. then I point out it's statistics compiled by the FBI itself from 1980 to 2008. Every goddamn time, they just delete me or go back to their own wall and don't even come back to the comment thread. I'm slowly being sectioned off for dropping stat bombs on everyone's circlejerk parades :p

What about the kids in Chicago?

Did you see the news last night?
They shot another one down
Does it even matter why?
Or is it all for nothing?

Father, oh lord in heaven, is this how you saw it?
When you made your creation page, is this what you wanted?
Is this what you wanted?

Maybe we’ll never know
Or maybe we’ll find paradise in the sky
When we're banned
When we're banned
When we're banned

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Edit:

おめでとうございます!!!!

Whats the new generation OT cut off point?

Also, my friends released their first LP recently....so if ya can check it out and support pls ;-;

tumblr_llfnqjeg9p1qfvaw4.gif

Congrats, man.

Awww, that's a shame. Take care of yourself on your travels.

*sigh* i really wished i didn't wait as long as i did to make my gaf account.

Noice!
7JTwV5n.gif
Thank you thank you thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom