• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never wanted this thread to last this long and get this far.

They killed us when we were Negro-Age.
They killed us when we were the Barbershop.

We kept coming back, though...good stuff.

On an unrelated note...so what the hell is Juneteenth? I was talking w/some people in the office and this holiday was mentioned. I never heard of it...

On an unrelated note...so what the hell is Juneteenth? I was talking w/some people in the office and this holiday was mentioned. I never heard of it...

Don't quote me but I think its because emancipation didn't reach Texas till June 19th. Its a big struggle holiday lots of foolishness happens.

Imm0rt4l

We don't celebrate it where I live. First that I had heard of it was in Minnesota. Celebration of emancipation, but I stayed my ass in the house peeps stay Wildin' and all sorts of tomfoolery.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

It's a 'holiday' which celebrates Emancipation. It's pretty big in the Souf (obviously)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Getting a Wii U

Bombs got dropped today.
I'm fairly tempted but still on the fence. Don't have time to sink into the stuff that really interests me (Xenoblade series), what else is coming out that yall are interested in? My deal is that I still have a Wii that has been collecting dust for at least a year now. I don't want a repeat of that.

Getting a Wii U

Bombs got dropped today.

Seriously though.

Wind Waker HD, Monolithsoft RPG, and the usual suspects (Mario, Yoshi, Kart, etc)...I need that stuff.

There needs to be a Nintendo Direct with this effect, but with third-party software of repute...and there should also be one with other Nintendo software that would be really unexpected (Starfox HD? Wave Race/1080 HD? F-Zero HD?).

Getting tricked into supporting another struggle system I see.

I'm not lining up until the shit is on the shelf and certified 'not trash'. After the wii, Nintendo has to give me more than a list of upcoming games that are supposed to be good.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm going to wait for E3. But it does make me wonder that if Nintendo are willing to let this info go right now, I wonder what they are holding back for E3?

E3 is going to be insane this year. I completely expect it to blow the last 5 years out of the water in terms of groundbreaking announcements and mega-tons.

FreeMufasa

I will get a Wii U, but at the end of the generation when I can get all the best games for 5 dollars.

Pretty much. Nintendo games usually don't have online components so it won't be like a MS game where you'll get half game if you buy it 2 years after (dead online).

Here's hoping it continues to bomb n gets a price drop this yeae

Imm0rt4l

I'm going to wait for E3. But it does make me wonder that if Nintendo are willing to let this info go right now, I wonder what they are holding back for E3?

E3 is going to be insane this year. I completely expect it to blow the last 5 years out of the water in terms of groundbreaking announcements and mega-tons.
I think you may set yourself up for disappointment with expectations. Its probably in nintendo s best interest to show their guns before e3 lest they get overshadowed by next Gen.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think you may set yourself up for disappointment with expectations. Its probably in nintendo s best interest to show their guns before e3 lest they get overshadowed by next Gen.
Maybe but I meant I am expecting more out of the whole conference as opposed to placing expectations for specific companies. I could not care less which way the wind ends up blowing in the console wars I am just excited to see the battle. Specifically I have expectations that this year E3 will be extra big since the past few years (since 2006 really) E3s have been pretty shit outside of humorous fuck ups. I expect the next gen console hype and new functionality talk to push the rest of the conference (developer conferences and third party console stuff) into something pretty compelling and spectacular.

Mr. Patch

What's with the interest in the Wii U all of a sudden? New announcements?

Yep.

The usual suspects (Mario, new Zelda)
Wind Waker HD
Yoshi Epic Yarn
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Monolith Soft taking a shit on Square

The last one reminds me that I need to get Xenoblade.

What's with the interest in the Wii U all of a sudden? New announcements?

Today's Nintendo direct had some great announcements

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensai
Monolothsoft has a new RPG coming that looks fucking amazing
Mario Kart U and the next Smash Bros at E3

And of course Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 comes out this year

Onemic

Monolothsoft has a new RPGS coming that looks fucking amazing

Damn it monolith, you make me love Xenogears then you move your services to the wii. Now I'm gonna have to eventually get one >_>

Monolothsoft has a new RPGS coming that looks fucking amazing

Don't need Monolothsofts game. Dragons Dogma 2 Dark Souls 2 have already preordered my body.

Mario Kart is the most overrated series ever and Smash Bros died for our sins when people stopped playing locally because of internet.

Verdict: DAT DURANGO/ORBIS

Onemic

Don't need Monolothsofts game. Dragons Dogma 2 Dark Souls 2 have already preordered my body.

Mario Kart is the most overrated series ever and Smash Bros died for our sins when people stopped playing locally because of internet.

Verdict: DAT DURANGO/ORBIS

Real talk, Mario Kart 64 is a piece of shit game. Yeah I said it.

Man, I don't get the hype for these new JRPGs. I watched that X trailer and it got great graphics but the combat looks like a half a dozen other games (that I don't like) and there's no implications of story or design. I get why MH fans are into it but other than that...

Maybe I'm just too old school for this..

article-2247145-167DB008000005DC-934_634x935.jpg

Yes Kanye give Kim K a muffin top. Really flattering.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I decided this year to let my hair grow out.

I forgot how excited people tend to get when you have anything that comes close to resembling an afro.

Im happy they are finally releasing some shit. Only reason I bought it day 1 was due to the fact it was just there. But Rayman comes out next month ant that demo was good shit.

The fuck is this shit, when did nintendo get a hood pass blackgaf has betrayed me

I like seeing the Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony competing for my cash. To be honest I would be sad if we lost even one of these guys.

That's why I hate looking at Gaming side sometimes. Some of those guys get a hard on for companies doing bad or find it funny

harSon

Banned
I haven't purchased a console game since 2008. I haven't really played one since then outside of some Madden or Fifa at a friends either. I still keep up on the industry out of habit though...

I always say I'll get back into gaming but it never ends up happening. Maybe I'll go back and play all the games I missed this generation on the cheap once the new systems launch. Probably not though.

Onemic

I like seeing the Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony competing for my cash. To be honest I would be sad if we lost even one of these guys.

That's why I hate looking at Gaming side sometimes. Some of those guys get a hard on for companies doing bad or find it funny

wanna play p4a?

Getting tricked into supporting another struggle system I see.

I'm not lining up until the shit is on the shelf and certified 'not trash'. After the wii, Nintendo has to give me more than a list of upcoming games that are supposed to be good.

it depends on how much you like Nintendo games. Wii was fine and Wii U will be too. I'm just not paying the current price, but imma get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom