• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ramparter

Banned
I actually feel sorry for Button and Alonso/Magnussen. Even below Sauber and FI?

Also, who are the teams running Renault now? Is it only RBR and STR?
But they can be competitive once they sort things out, right?

I'm glad Max outperformed expectations, it was so bad last year here with everyone mocking STR decision.

hamchan

Honda-McLaren throwing so much money at this and still being below struggling Sauver who backstabbed one of their drivers to get more money to survive is....wat.

yami4ct

Honda-McLaren throwing so much money at this and still being below struggling Sauver who backstabbed one of their drivers to get more money to survive is....wat.

There's no way the cars are working to their full potential, at least I hope not. There has to be some mechanical gremlins slowing them down. If not, what is even happening?

Shaneus

It's only my second season watching, so my detail knowledge is low, but that sure sounds like something I've heard before.
I think they had exactly the same issue last year. Or maybe the year before?

Maybe McL are better off this year just writing it off. But I'm thinking... what if Alonso knew all about this performance problem, deliberately binned his car and got "concussion"? Oh what a shame, he misses out on going out in Q1 at Melbourne.

Addnan

How did McLaren and Honda fuck up so much? All the teams had issues in preseason last year, but got their shit together by Melbourne.

I'm convinced Fernando in that Ferrari would be very close to the mercs. Call me crazy, I don't care.
I'm convinced if he was at Ferrari that Ferrai wouldn't exist.

yami4ct

That kind of sucks.. I don't see Renault stays much longer with only 2 teams (which are one, really).

At some point soon, Renault are going to need to buy/co-sponser a team and fully immure themselves in the sport or leave. I don't see them hanging like this, especially as Red Bull constantly scapegoats them.

Tubie

We/I can confirm Ferrari has the second best body/engine this season so far (IMO).

Prove me wrong German Jesus!

Spades

McLaren and Honda should both be embarrassed. To be plum last is inexcusable for two brands with the amount of budget and experience that they have. Inexcusable.

DBT85

Best lap in Quali last year was a 1:30.775 - ROS
Best lap in Quali in 2013 was a 1:27.407 - GeJ
Best lap in Quali in 2012 was a 1:24.922 - HAM
Best lap ever on the track was 1:24:125 in 2004 - MSC

Jezbollah

I don't think you can blame the team principle about the engine...

Damn, Rosberg issues :'(

I think you can clearly blame the team principle for the Engine supplier not doing a good enough job with the development of the power unit in the months up to it being needed.

Do you not think there are discussions, progress meetings etc between McLaren and Honda during the design process?

pootle

YAY! Honey Badger, Sainz and both Lotuses (Lotuses?) through!

Going to be close between Bottas and Kimi.

Hope Rosberg's car is ok!

Top Bottom