• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread - "Angry Wayne Gretzky is Angry" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Sucks that our gold medalist got a silver and our silver medalist got a bronze. We're not improving ! We're doing worse !!!

zedge

NetMapel said:
Sucks that our gold medalist got a silver and our silver medalist got a bronze. We're not improving ! We're doing worse !!!

I thought this was not thier event though. More likely to get Gold in 1500, 500, team.

NetMapel

zedge said:
I thought this was not thier event though. More likely to get Gold in 1500, 500, team.
I know. But Groves won silver in this event last Olympics and you know what happened at female moguls :lol

Kind of feel bad for Hughs though. Canadians love to bump our own athletes off the podium :lol

Kifimbo

NetMapel said:

No. Hughes won bronze in the 3000m in 2006. Groves wasn't on the podium on this event.

NetMapel

SuperSonic1305 said:
Not as much as the Koreans do. Quite literally actually.
lol yeah I saw that. Koreans are so pissed about it saying they put themselves above their country :lol

YYZ

criesofthepast said:
Ouch french dude wrecked and tumbled hard in moguls.
That was great though, he did a front flip and continued down as if nothing happened. Didn't fall on his ass or anything.

zedge

Woot!

Feb14medal.JPG

All 4 canadians qualify for moguls final tonight. :D

The men are nuts, I'm expecting major wipeouts tonight when they go all out.

Yeah and fuck Dale Begg Smith. Justice is coming tonight...I hope.

Big-E

Holy fuck, Daytona 500 is still fucking going on. Should be some Olympic coverage on the channel soon but they are fucking taking forever to finish.

Seeing the Sportsnet piece on Alex Bilodeau and his brother with Cerebral Palsy was so amazing. Really great to see his brother cheering him on at the bottom of the hill.

Holy hell Dale Begg-Smith is a huge douchebag. Avoiding Canadian media, only doing Aussie interviews. When someone said to him "it must feel good to be home", he replies with "this isn't my home"...what a smug faced asshole.

I actually forgot who he was but now I remember watching and hearing about him in Torino.

pringles

Keeping my fingers crossed for Jesper Bjornlund in the Moguls final tonight.
He's from my hometown and I've met his dad a bunch of times through work. Would be so cool if he got a medal.

NetMapel

So sounds like NBC really messed up the Olympics this year, eh ? I have to say so far CTV has been impressive, especially with their comprehensive internet coverage. So far I've been able to catch every event live and only a minute or two of delay.

NetMapel said:
So sounds like NBC really messed up the Olympics this year, eh ? I have to say so far CTV has been impressive, especially with their comprehensive internet coverage. So far I've been able to catch every event live and only a minute or two of delay.

Definitely. I wish there were more events streamed live. The video quality is awesome for the few things they do stream. It seems like they trying really hard to not piss off their local affiliates by not having any live coverage online or on cable networks during local news hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom