• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Mega Man 10 thread At least it's not Mega Man Universe.

Got a quick question regarding Mr. Perfect, if anyone knows: I just finished Wily 2 with no damage, but I accidentally jumped on a spike (my shock guard took the hit of course). That doesn't affect the achievement, does it?

iconoclast said:
Got a quick question regarding Mr. Perfect, if anyone knows: I just finished Wily 2 with no damage, but I accidentally jumped on a spike (my shock guard took the hit of course). That doesn't affect the achievement, does it?

So yeah, getting hit with the spikes when you have a shock guard doesn't affect the achievement. Just got my 200/200 a few minutes ago.

MM9 was much better.

Sanic

So... looks like there's a second premium theme out for MM10. Any pics or videos?

edit: aaaaand I just found one. Looks just as bad as the first one. Too bad :/

Sanic

Gryphter said:
here's a link for anyone interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95VBkkc7gv8

I want to love this so bad, but it's not that great. I do love the older games featured in the back of your friends list, though

Yeah, I love almost every part of it except that red protoman background i'll have to stare at every single time I turn on my Xbox. That KILLS it. And my eyes.

And I just found out the megaman anniversary collection is 360 backwards compatible. I know it contains low quality ports, but I need some MM 4-6 and I don't own the original NES carts of those, nor am I interested in shelling out $45+ for them right now.

Pandoracell said:
Yeah, I love almost every part of it except that red protoman background i'll have to stare at every single time I turn on my Xbox. That KILLS it. And my eyes.

Ha, sounds like Solar Man's stage

Wizpig

Will buy (the game) today!

Should I buy the DLC too?
Or maybe it's better to wait until I have finished the game with Mega Man?

Sanic

Wizpig said:
Will buy (the game) today!

Should I buy the DLC too?
Or maybe it's better to wait until I have finished the game with Mega Man?

No need to buy any DLC until you clear the game, potentially more than once. There's plenty of content there.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh shit, the drill tunnel is in the special stage! And I'm noticing that beating that boss lets me use his weapon in the main game. From him I got something called Mirror B. (Blade?) which is this little shield Mega Man puts in front of him. If an enemy projectile hits it, it shoots back out as energy.

So two more DLC stages to come and I assume those will fill up the other 2 weapon spots.

Anyone know the name of the boss? First logical guess is Mirror Man.

omg rite said:
Oh shit, the drill tunnel is in the special stage! And I'm noticing that beating that boss lets me use his weapon in the main game. From him I got something called Mirror B. (Blade?) which is this little shield Mega Man puts in front of him. If an enemy projectile hits it, it shoots back out as energy.

So two more DLC stages to come and I assume those will fill up the other 2 weapon spots.

Anyone know the name of the boss? First logical guess is Mirror Man.
His name is Enker. The next two are Quint and Ballade, I think.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
His name is Enker. The next two are Quint and Ballade, I think.

Oh wait, he was in the original GB game. So I guess remaking stages/bosses from the GB games.

omg rite said:
Looks like it's Punk instead of Quint btw. But Ballade will be one of them.

Yeah. It's almost a shame they won't put Quint in there too to get all of the mish-mash Rockman World game bosses in there.

Now, what would be AWESOME is if they made an extra Special Gauntlet stage that you go through and it's all of the bosses from RW5. I would pay $10 for that no questions asked.

Link1110

Gryphter said:
It took me a few tries, but each of them can be beat with the buster pretty easy; they follow really simple patterns. The only one I had trouble with was Flame Man but I just brute forced him, you can hit him way faster than he can hit you
Nah, Napalm Man is the hardest with the almost Deep Blue levels of AI that make sure you're either against the wall when it comes out or get hit, and then you're going to get hit my the bombs. At least Slash Man's attack is easy to jump over when you're cornered.

dralla

Link1110 said:
Nah, Napalm Man is the hardest with the almost Deep Blue levels of AI that make sure you're either against the wall when it comes out or get hit, and then you're going to get hit my the bombs. At least Slash Man's attack is easy to jump over when you're cornered.
what? napalm man may be the easiest robot master in any MM game ever. just run underneath him when throws a bomb, repeat until he is dead. he will do nothing but jump over you and throw out easily avoided bombs

Mike M

Nick N
dralla said:
what? napalm man may be the easiest robot master in any MM game ever. just run underneath him when throws a bomb, repeat until he is dead. he will do nothing but jump over you and throw out easily avoided bombs

Toad Man says hi. He doesn't even get to *attack* unless you are completely incompetent to the point that you probably wouldn't have been able to beat the level and get to him in the first place.

jarosh

Mike M said:
Toad Man says hi. He doesn't even get to *attack* unless you are completely incompetent to the point that you probably wouldn't have been able to beat the level and get to him in the first place.
indeed. toad man = worst robot master ever. oh, what a surprise, he's in MM4!

Doorman

Link1110 said:
The thing that got me about Napalm Man was just figuring out where he appears. Most of the other archives take up a specific spot on the battlefield, but he always tries to go right in front of you. Once you know that, running underneath to avoid the bombs and get a few hits in is easy.

Did a few levels as Bass yesterday, so far so good. Seems weird to me that
he's somehow able to disarm the flying shield enemies
but I certainly won't complain. The only thing that's messed me up is the fact that shooting up doesn't aim his bullets directly above the character sprite, but rather it's a bit offset because of where his arm is positioned. Nothing game-breaking but I'll have to really keep that in mind.

Yaweee

Doorman said:
The only thing that's messed me up is the fact that shooting up doesn't aim his bullets directly above the character sprite, but rather it's a bit offset because of where his arm is positioned. Nothing game-breaking but I'll have to really keep that in mind.

Yeah, it depends what way you're "facing", even on ladders. In Solar Man's level I actually found it important to switch between shooting with MM's left hand and right hand, so you can clip the non-shielded part of the big pushy guys that are at the end of a ladder.

Link1110

dralla said:
I actually meant the Mega Man 10 version of him. :D

Wizpig

Just bought the game!

... Goddamn you Strike Man.
I decided to go with his stage first but he is just too strong, I can't seem to avoid his hits easily and my mega buster is weak like shit against him.
HELPZ.

Pandoracell you were right, the game has more content than 9, Challenges are awesome, much better than in 9. (those were achievements...)

Mike M

Nick N
Wizpig said:
Just bought the game!

... Goddamn you Strike Man.
I decided to go with his stage first but he is just too strong, I can't seem to avoid his hits easily and my mega buster is weak like shit against him.
HELPZ.

Start with Blade Man first. Ignore the blasphemers who tell you to start with Sheep Man or Pump Man, Blade Man is a cake walk boss fight with a cast-in-stone pattern that is uniformly predictable once you figure it out.

jarosh

special stage 1 is total ass. not that the mm1 gameboy stage it's (partially) based on was all that great to begin with.

OMG Aero

Mike M said:
Start with Blade Man first. Ignore the blasphemers who tell you to start with Sheep Man or Pump Man, Blade Man is a cake walk boss fight with a cast-in-stone pattern that is uniformly predictable once you figure it out.
Sheep Man's pattern is also very predictable and his stage is definitely easier than Blade Man's.

KevinCow

Banned
Mike M said:

Blade Man may be easy once you get his pattern down, but Sheep Man's easy even if you don't have his pattern. He moves slower and his attacks are easy to avoid even if you don't know where they're going. I don't see how you could possibly say Blade Man is easier than Sheep Man.

Now if you're saying to start with Blade Man because he's not too bad and has the most useful only useful weapon in the game, I could sort of understand that.

Mike M

Nick N
KevinCow said:
I don't see how you could possibly say Blade Man is easier than Sheep Man.
Because he is? His stage isn't much to sweat over either.

Not that Sheep Man is particularly hard, but the randomness of cloud distribution, the randomness of their firing order, and the randomness of whether or not he'll fire a shot with a large or small wave pattern introduces a bajillion more chances to mess up than Blade Man. Blade Man's pattern is as regular and undeviating as a precision instrument, which make Blade Man's attacks an absolute cinch to avoid 100% of the time.

But yeah, Triple Blade is the best weapon in the game, which is always a plus.

Wizpig

Thanks for the advice; since I play Mega Man my own noobish way I used 2 M Tanks to defeat that Baseball fucker anyways.

Purple Mega Man is awesome as always <3
I hope the actual weapon is useful.
I think I will try Sheep Man (...) next.

Also I would have appreciated a new "--- Woman" robot master, am I the only one?

Wizpig said:
Thanks for the advice; since I play Mega Man my own noobish way I used 2 M Tanks to defeat that Baseball fucker anyways.

Purple Mega Man is awesome as always <3
I hope the actual weapon is useful.
I think I will try Sheep Man (...) next.

Also I would have appreciated a new "--- Woman" robot master, am I the only one?

wait...2 M tanks? surely you mean E tanks and not M tanks!!!

Wizpig said:
Yeah, I'd like to see more female robot masters. But it seems like Dr. Light is the only one interested in building them as the both current ones have come from him.

Doorman

Wizpig said:
I suppose so, but for any practical purposes it really doesn't make a difference. I don't think Wily's designing these robots with their inherent manliness in mind.

Beat the game as Bass earlier this morning. I'll have to do a lot of thinking to figure out which of the characters I like to use the most. At least the lack of a clear answer speaks to their ability to balance what each one can do, I suppose.

Wizpig said:

I would have agreed with this but after an unfortunate experience with Google image search, I'd be fine if they kept them all male. Cannot unsee!

Not very impressed with the DLC so far, I really just want endless mode at this point.

Wizpig said:
Yeah Energy Tanks :p :(

whew. I wasn't trying to be terminology police, I was just panicked that you may have used M tanks on your first boss. Come to think of it you can only hold 1 M tank at a time so using 2 wouldn't have been possible

I might make a seperate thread for this, but.

Got the MM Complete Works book. If you are a Megaman fan, this is a must have. Interesting things in the book: Inafune says that he would do MM3 over again if he could. WHY INafune WHY, it's my favorite game by far! It's so perfect.

And the developers favorite MM game? It's 4. Yes, 4. So I went back and replayed MM4 because frankly I never gave it much love, and from a level design point of view, I have to say it is excellent.

I don't like the "vibe" and "flavor" of 4, I never have, but damn it will kick your ass just like MM9 and 10. In this respect it is underrated. I must say that I am getting a new found enjoyment out of 4 that I never had before. The stages are really challenging in a good way.

Of all the MM games on the disc, you know the games I'm enjoying the least? MM2. Yeah, I said it. Just the way Megaman doesn't stop on a dime, you slide a bit everytime you stop running and this makes parts that are otherwise easy a nightmare. MM1 and 2 also suffer from looking so dated compared to 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10. People aren't going to what I'm about to say, but honestly I feel MM2 has not held up well.

I'll probably do a LTTP Megaman Collection thread sometime to really discuss this further.

Between 10, the Complete Works, and my MM collection disc (10$ at Gamestop, works on 360 though it's emulation of emulation so yeah it's far from perfect, but decent none the less).

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Finally found the galaxy man of MM10
Blade man, Just run towards him when hes on the wall, When hes on the cieling go behind where hes looking. Hes easy as shit. You wont take any damage.

Not sure if someone already found this out or not. Too many pages in this thread :lol

Sanic

Arpharmd B said:
And the developers favorite MM game? It's 4. Yes, 4.

15i2cs4.gif

Yaweee

Metalic Sand said:
Blade man, Just run towards him when hes on the wall, When hes on the cieling go behind where hes looking. Hes easy as shit. You wont take any damage.

Not sure if someone already found this out or not. Too many pages in this thread :lol

Yeah, that's why he's considered the easiest.

On Hard mode, he launches too many blades for that to work. You'll actually have to jump between the 5x blades to get the No Damage/MB-only gold.

jarosh

Arpharmd B said:
I might make a seperate thread for this, but.

Got the MM Complete Works book. If you are a Megaman fan, this is a must have. Interesting things in the book: Inafune says that he would do MM3 over again if he could. WHY INafune WHY, it's my favorite game by far! It's so perfect.

And the developers favorite MM game? It's 4. Yes, 4. So I went back and replayed MM4 because frankly I never gave it much love, and from a level design point of view, I have to say it is excellent.

I don't like the "vibe" and "flavor" of 4, I never have, but damn it will kick your ass just like MM9 and 10. In this respect it is underrated. I must say that I am getting a new found enjoyment out of 4 that I never had before. The stages are really challenging in a good way.

Of all the MM games on the disc, you know the games I'm enjoying the least? MM2. Yeah, I said it. Just the way Megaman doesn't stop on a dime, you slide a bit everytime you stop running and this makes parts that are otherwise easy a nightmare. MM1 and 2 also suffer from looking so dated compared to 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10. People aren't going to what I'm about to say, but honestly I feel MM2 has not held up well.

I'll probably do a LTTP Megaman Collection thread sometime to really discuss this further.

Between 10, the Complete Works, and my MM collection disc (10$ at Gamestop, works on 360 though it's emulation of emulation so yeah it's far from perfect, but decent none the less).
mm2 has aged well. i'm playing it all the time. just played through it a few days ago. it's fine. the "not stopping on a dime" was in mm1 too. yeah, you have to get used to it but it really isn't a big deal. and it's not like saying that mega man 2 is not the greatest of the bunch is that controversial of an opinion. it really isn't. many people agree with you in that regard, myself included. i like 3, 5 and 9 much more. 4 is pretty crappy though, despite what inafune and his team says. not like it's uncommon for artists to have puzzling opinions about their own work.

and do yourself a favor and play the games on something else than the collection disc. ugh. horrible emulation.

oh and someone already made a thread about the complete works book: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=384817 :p

Mike M

Nick N
Metalic Sand said:

Damn right.

jarosh said:
mm2 has aged well. i'm playing it all the time. just played through it a few days ago. it's fine. the "not stopping on a dime" was in mm1 too. yeah, you have to get used to it but it really isn't a big deal. and it's not like saying that mega man 2 is not the greatest of the bunch is that controversial of an opinion. it really isn't. many people agree with you in that regard, myself included. i like 3, 5 and 9 much more. 4 is pretty crappy though, despite what inafune and his team says. not like it's uncommon for artists to have puzzling opinions about their own work.

and do yourself a favor and play the games on something else than the collection disc. ugh. horrible emulation.

oh and someone already made a thread about the complete works book: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=384817 :p

I used to rate 4 as my least favorite, but the more time I spend with it the more I like it. The level design is up there with the best in the series.

Honestly as a child I played 4 and hated it, but I went back and gave it a fresh play with a fresh new perspective and I'm finding lots to love. I still find it the least appealing aurally and visually, and robot master-ally.

Wizpig

Doorman said:
Beat the game as Bass earlier this morning. I'll have to do a lot of thinking to figure out which of the characters I like to use the most. At least the lack of a clear answer speaks to their ability to balance what each one can do, I suppose.
Too bad you can't unlock Achievements with him.

Bass + Easy Mode = I think that would be an easy 200/200 for everyone.
Yeah well, "easy" is not the word I'm looking for... let's just say less hard.
Also, you'd still have to unlock the Hard achievement.

Anyway, Sheep Man down, the level was harder than Strike Man's (not by much) but the boss was laughable easy.
I liked the disappearing blocks but it was probably too easy this time.
Keep in mind this is only my second classic Mega Man game anyway, first one was 9.

Wizpig said:
Too bad you can't unlock Achievements with him.

Bass + Easy Mode = I think that would be an easy 200/200 for everyone.
Yeah well, "easy" is not the word I'm looking for... let's just say less hard.
Also, you'd still have to unlock the Hard achievement.

Anyway, Sheep Man down, the level was harder than Strike Man's (not by much) but the boss was laughable easy.
I liked the disappearing blocks but it was probably too easy this time.
Keep in mind this is only my second classic Mega Man game anyway, first one was 9.

Wait. Can you get the Mr. Perfect achievement on Easy Mode (with Mega Man)? I was just kinda curious. I've earned all the achievements on Normal except that one and I know I'm just not that patient or good to do it on Normal. But if you can do it on Easy I might give it a try.

Wizpig

Choppasmith said:
Wait. Can you get the Mr. Perfect achievement on Easy Mode (with Mega Man)? I was just kinda curious. I've earned all the achievements on Normal except that one and I know I'm just not that patient or good to do it on Normal. But if you can do it on Easy I might give it a try.
Yes you can.
Good luck sir, I think I will drop the game with 5/200 points or something.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just beat it! And haha, nice twist on the "castle map" for the final stage, going up a thousand miles into space. :lol

Okay Capcom, you gave use two awesome new NES-style Mega Man games in a row. Time for Mega Man X9 with SNES graphics.

Davey Cakes

Oh, people overrate MM2 and underrate MM4 for sure. I'll never understand it.

As for MM10, what I've noticed is that, kind of like the soundtrack, the game itself is a grower. It gets better the more you play it and the more you detach yourself from the greater impact of MM9. The level design, the level gimmicks, and even Wily's fortress (which is arguably better than MM9's) are all much easier to appreciate after letting them "sink in." And, again, the music seems a bit "off" at first, but you just have to absorb it a little and understand what it's going for.

Top Bottom