• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 New Previews, More

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Steelbox similar to this would also be awesome.

the_order_1886_by_dylonji-d6uskpt.png

Nice. I would love it if they did an $80 steelbook edition. I don't need a statue or anything. Just give me a steelbook, some behind the scenes footage, and an artbook. Something like the Survival Edition of TLoU would be perfect.

StuBurns

Banned
I want a collectors edition in bound leather with just the icon, like some old tome.

I'd pay some disgusting cash for that.

fasTRapid

Banned
Huh. That's such a false comparison it doesn't even make sense. A developer isn't static like a PC component.
Not really. You're saying throw money at devs and the game's gun b good. You're completely disregarding the actual work of the devs. Yes, a bigger budget allows for more work hours and more work force. No, it doesn't automatically make the game any better. If you throw money at a piece of turd, it won't suddenly turn into gold. If the dev team wasn't any good, no money in the world would make for a good game.

If you throw money at your PC the games won't look any better than their assets allow them to. Of course you need to invest some to reach that point.

I'm not sure I would care for dismemberment. That seems too much and out of place IMHO.
Considering the supernatural monster and horror angles, it may not be out of place after all.

Will be interesting to see combat against some non-human foes.

But man do I wish that slow-mo mode had more to it than just flicking between targets for auto-kills.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I love the art direction and overall world they've shown so far. I don't expect something good gameplay-wise, seems highly formulatic, and I expect fleshy monsters that move around like bigger or faster humans rather than making them actually original in their behaviors.

But visually, stylistically, it looks really good. I hope there's some nice variety in the ambiances and locations throughout the game. I'm sure we'll see some highly decorated rich interiors too.

viveks86

Considering the supernatural monster and horror angles, it may not be out of place after all.

Will be interesting to see combat against some non-human foes.

But man do I wish that slow-mo mode had more to it than just flicking between targets for auto-kills.

Ru said you will be put in positions where it might be impossible to survive without black sight. I'm thinking segments where the odds against you are incredibly overwhelming, like dozens of werewolves (with different abilities) rushing in your direction. Careful use of black sight could help thin out the crowd strategically.

Endo Punk

In the scene where the female character showed concern for the old man made me laugh. Seriously was this the first time she saw the healing effects of blackwater?

In the scene where the female character showed concern for the old man made me laugh. Seriously was this the first time she saw the healing effects of blackwater?
Maybe she's worried about the negative side effects. Also, reactions of characters help set the scene and generally provide context for what the player is seeing. A player would normally be unfazed by seeing someone healing themselves with a cool, nifty potion. The character's reaction indicates that all is not well.

But I don't think I need to explain that. Your right, it was hilarious. I ruptured something laughing. Such terrible design.

At this point in the GT video I was saying to myself "keep going, keep going... argh!"

fiytbk.gif

The lighting change from inside to out looks incredible.

I have no idea how you guys can make such large amazing gifs, but I approve this :p

The game is looking stellar!

viveks86

Who knows. It's a scene taken out of context. They've said that consuming black water has some adverse side effects. We have no idea what they are.

Talk about rushing to conclusions. We need some context before raising an eyebrow vis a vis her attitude...
It might be that the ingestion of blakwater has grave consequences.

I thought it meant if you get "one in the neck" you could be in trouble.

Also, I'm guessing the pissed-off look she gives later is because he was unwilling to give the policeman black water to save his life.

viveks86

Also, I'm guessing the pissed-off look she gives later is because he was unwilling to give the policeman black water to save his life.

I'd thought they might have decided to let him die and move on, because he had no hope. But your explanation makes more sense. Galahad would have forbidden the team, since they probably swore an oath not to pass on black water to common folk.

Fnord

This game looks very nice, but the gameplay looks to be incredibly uninspired and average.

My expectations after I saw their initial teaser trailer were pretty high. A shame they squabbled the opportunity and went with a vanilla shooter instead of what it could have been.

I've seen countless comments along these lines. What, exactly, would you do differently?

Sid

After this and DriveClub come out Sony would have set itself a certain standard in the visuals department,I hope other areas in its first party games won't get affected due to it.

nib95

Banned
After this and DriveClub come out Sony would have set itself a certain standard in the visuals department,I hope other areas in its first party games won't get affected due to it.

Well, InFamous and Shadow Fall also look spectacular, and one of those is an open world game made by a relatively small team comparative to most AAA games. I think we'll continue to see top tier visuals out of the console, I just hope the improvements keep up and we don't reach that wall sooner rather than later.

Sid

Well, InFamous and Shadow Fall also look spectacular, and one of those is an open world game made by a relatively small team comparative to most AAA games. I think we'll continue to see top tier visuals out of the console, I just hope the improvements keep up and we don't reach that wall sooner rather than later.
Infamous didn't have much content outside of the 6 hour campaign,I need these games to be meaty enough like it used to be in 2009-11.

nib95

Banned
Infamous didn't have much content outside of the 6 hour campaign,I need these games to be meaty enough like it used to be in 2009-11.

Launch window games though. Much of the development time is spent creating the engine itself and not the content. I'm sure when we get passed the initial window, and tools and so forth are more mature, we'll start getting heftier games.

Sid

Launch window games though. Much of the development time is spent creating the engine itself and not the content. I'm sure when we get passed the initial window, and tools and so forth are more mature, we'll start getting heftier games.
I hope so man,this game blows away literally every other game in visuals,I'm just a little worried on the content side.

SniperHunter said:
Kagari said:
Just like your veiled trolling in every thread, right?
I dont troll in every thread. I did some minor trolling in the order 1886 thread, but I quickly reversed my opinion.

I also apologized

Looking at this gif
zsnime.gif

game needs to have dismemberment ala gears of war. Also, what is up with the screen tearing?

I guess you just can't help being fucking annoying then, poor guy.

Top Bottom