• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds will be enhanced for Xbox One X, not for PlayStation 4 Pro [UPDATE: False]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teslerum

The game comes out what? Next week?

There is no way in hell a team - even one with unlimited funds - could put together a Pro patch for a game like this and have it pass through Sony's verification process all in less than nine days.

Not to mention review embargo ends 3 days before release on the 22nd.

ethomaz

Banned
So it turns out, CNN...I mean Windows Central got it wrong....they have a habit of trying to make the Xbox look better....should have known. File this under Fake News

Ohhhhh it was Jez Corden again? This dude lie more in a day than than go pee.

I usually believe in the OP without opening the link.
But in any case there is nothing wrong if MS choose not to give Pro enhancements like I said.

PS. Jez needs to be banned as source.

Last edited:

Barakov

So it turns out, CNN...I mean Windows Central got it wrong....they have a habit of trying to make the Xbox look better....should have known. File this under Fake News

Good to hear. Seemed weird that the Pro wouldn't get any enhancements but the X did. MS owning Obsidian seemed like it could be true. Good to hear it's not. Definitely would be a good rule of thumb to be skeptical of any thing that Windows Central says about anything Sony related.

urmie

Ohhhhh it was Jez Corden again? This dude lie more in a day than than go pee.

I usually believe in the OP without opening the link.
But in any case there is nothing wrong if MS choose not to give Pro enhancements like I said.

PS. Jez needs to be banned as source.

So it's clear you didn't check out the article because it wasn't written by Jez.

ethomaz

Banned
So it's clear you didn't check out the article because it wasn't written by Jez.
It clearly said in my post that I don't open links capitan obvious.

BTW all articles in Windows Central pass by Jez he should s the chief editor and it should be banned.

Last edited:

urmie

It clearly said in my post that I don't open links capitan obvious.

BTW all articles in Windows Central pass by Jez he should s the chief editor and it should be banned.

So you admit you didn't do your due diligence and blame Jez anyway. 🤷‍♂️

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate.....

ethomaz

Banned
So you admit you didn't do your due diligence and blame Jez anyway. 🤷‍♂️

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate.....
My post continue being right.
And yes Jez is the guy behind WindowCentral and lies.

The OP should read this rule before create a thread with Jez things.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Still getting it on PC. Needs 60fps minimum

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Everything should be blamed on MS, even before they had a console

2f7.png
No... Only what they did first should be blamed on them.

Humdinger

Ok, the information was false, guys. Let's move on.

As a Pro owner, I'm glad. 1440 upscaled to 4K is fine and dandy with me. That's pretty standard Faux-K for the Pro, and I am fine with it. I was okay with 1080p, too, since this game isn't a graphical showpiece, but naturally, 1440 upscaled is better.

It's good news for Microsoft, too. If the publisher charged PS owners $60 for a slapdash, graphically inferior* version of the game, it would've hurt the game's reputation among a very large segment of the gaming population, which in turn would've hurt the sequel's ability to attract those gamers into the MS ecosystem later (because they'd been soured by how the original game was handled).

So this is good for everyone. Let's celebrate, stop bickering, and focus on the game.

*I know 1440 upscaled to Faux-K is still "inferior" to real 4K, but the actual on-screen differences are not all that substantial. I'm talking about the difference between 4K and 1080p, which is a bigger deal.

Last edited:

Humdinger

MS didn't charge anyone for anything. They didn't fund the game, they didn't publish it, they don't take money from sales, they aren't involved in this.

True. My use of "they" referred to the publisher, not MS, but I can see how it might've read as MS. I've edited to make it clear.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
didn’t Sony start it with making sure the Saturn didn’t get Tomb Raider 2?
Did you see Tomb Raider on Sega Saturn?
I think there was more than just an exclusive deal that was the problem.

Perhaps the PR for the developer should have checked the facts before Windows Central picked it up and ran with the story that Pro was not going to receive enhancements of any sort when it fact it will be.
The fanboys are also idiots for pulling out the pitchforks and defence shields but this just puts gaming journalism in a bad light. All people make mistakes but the facts should have been checked before publishing the story.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess I can understand the confusion. I have to assume that when you run one of these online gaming news sites, you have to settle for whatever vague scraps of broken English bullshit responses you can get.

The email response saying that there are no enhancements for PS4 couldn't be realistically taken in any other way.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Did you see Tomb Raider on Sega Saturn?
I think there was more than just an exclusive deal that was the problem.

its besides the point how it ran, Tomb Raider 2 was in development for the Saturn and Sony paid to stop it. simple as that

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So reading the tweet from PD:

X = 4K textures and resolution
Pro = 1440P resolution

So Pro gets 1080p textures?

Been that on most games tbh

And for good reason!

PS4 and X1 have 5 GB of main ram for games.

PS4 Pro has 5.5 GB, and enlarged buffers e.g. 1440p can eat into that modest increase significantly (that's actually why there was an increase in the first place).

X1X on the other hand has 9GB for games, about 64% more memory than the Pro, meaning you can have full 4K buffers and still have 3+ GB availble for higher quality assets.

PS4 Pro is most comparable to a PC with a 2~3 GB graphics card, X1X more like a 4~6 GB graphics card.

Last edited:

TGO

its besides the point how it ran, Tomb Raider 2 was in development for the Saturn and Sony paid to stop it. simple as that
Well there it is you obvious knew it was a complete mess and looked like shit, that coupled with the fact the Sega Saturn was basically dead must have forced Sony's hand to stop the abomination being released due to the massive threat it would have been to the PSX.

ManaByte

Well there it is you obvious knew it was a complete mess and looked like shit, that coupled with the fact the Sega Saturn was basically dead must have forced Sony's hand to stop the abomination being released due to the massive threat it would have been to the PSX.

The Saturn version of Tomb Raider was better than the PSX one. CORE were wizards with the Saturn hardware and all of their 3D games (like Powerslave) were better on the Saturn compared to the PSX ones.

• LOL
Reactions: TGO

Stuart360

The Saturn version of Tomb Raider was better than the PSX one. CORE were wizards with the Saturn hardware and all of their 3D games (like Powerslave) were better on the Saturn compared to the PSX ones.
Some people say that, but i dont agree. The Saturn version looked way darker, looked lower rez (it was i believe), and had a worse framerate.
I actually owned the game for both, and i prefered the PS1 version.

TGO

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
1. Jez Corden is damn good and one of the better insiders especially for Xbox.
2. As stated, Jez didn't write the article so why he gets blamed is beyond me.
3. Windows Central was given the wrong information from Private Division's PR marketing team which makes them liable for the mistake and misinformation, not Windows Central.
4. Already have my copy pre-ordered for PS4 Pro and im looking forward to playing it after I play the story campaign for COD MW.

Last edited by a moderator:

thelastword

Banned
Xbox One X's massive gpu, CPU boost and massive RAM boost help make it possible to just use the raw power
Tell me more about this massive cpu boost over base????? because it really does not exist, but I'd like to hear your tech breakdown on the huge gulf in the cpu uptake over base..... Should make for very interesting and enlightening reading If I'm honest.....Maybe there is a hidden 8 core jaguar chiplet that we missed...... Please clarify.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Been that on most games tbh
Pretty much.

If someone is a PS gamer, just get the base system which churns out 1080p for most games.

Upgrading to pro, or paying an extra $100 (for someone buying a current gen PS system for the first time) is a waste.

Not worth the extra 360p.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
So what's all the noise for..... It's simple, if the Xbonex is 4k, pro can do 1620p natively, that's the divide per spec... maybe 1800p with optimizations or 4k CB...... I'm actually a bit miffed that there are not more CB titles from third parties tbh......use the hardware...

There is no way anyone should be blaming PRO. If a game is 4k on Xbox and 1080p on PRO, something is drastically wrong, the dev didn't even try...... It's just like some indie dev who said their game would run 4k on Xbonex and only 1080p on PRO, when the game could run 4k on potatoes.... Any dev who does that, especially on the console with the most sales potential has nobody to blame but themselves, because that indie game dropped and nobody bat an eyelid even on Xbox because it was a very simple looking game, with little in visual oomph.....

Also, any game that's 4k on Xbonex, 1080p on PS4, Xbones and PRO is not a game you should support. If a game runs 1080p60 on an Xbones, then it should run 1800p60 or even higher on PRO........Why? 60fps games use to run 1080p60 on base PS4 whilst Xbones would run 720p60 with lower settings too....... This means, there's a big divide between PS4 and XBONES, and much bigger divide between PRO and XBONES........ So Yooka Laylee running the same on all these consoles apart from X makes absolutely no sense.

Really?

I think you answered your own question. Why wouldn't they provide better support for the blockbuster console that's sold over 100 million?
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

Your salty tears must be blinding you. PC is an open platform, they don't need to re-optimize for performance or recertify like they would for the Pro.
You don't need to optimize or get funding to make a 1080p PS4 game or worse yet a 1080p XBONES game run better on PRO...... It has the extra performance naturally.......because it's much better hardware running the same code.
And for good reason!

PS4 and X1 have 5 GB of main ram for games.

PS4 Pro has 5.5 GB, and enlarged buffers e.g. 1440p can eat into that modest increase significantly (that's actually why there was an increase in the first place).

X1X on the other hand has 9GB for games, about 64% more memory than the Pro, meaning you can have full 4K buffers and still have 3+ GB availble for higher quality assets.

PS4 Pro is most comparable to a PC with a 2~3 GB graphics card, X1X more like a 4~6 GB graphics card.
How much do you know about the 4k textures in outerworlds really, what is the framerate like on X..........Is the resolution dynamic or 4k native? Don't jump the gun yet..... Also, based on ram calculations and other persons who spoke of gpu and cpu divides....... Why didn't Gears 5, a first party game, have ultra textures on XBONEX?

So what's all the noise for..... It's simple, if the Xbonex is 4k, pro can do 1620p natively, that's the divide per spec... maybe 1800p with optimizations or 4k CB...... I'm actually a bit miffed that there are not more CB titles from third parties tbh......use the hardware...

There is no way anyone should be blaming PRO. If a game is 4k on Xbox and 1080p on PRO, something is drastically wrong, the dev didn't even try...... It's just like some indie dev who said their game would run 4k on Xbonex and only 1080p on PRO, when the game could run 4k on potatoes.... Any dev who does that, especially on the console with the most sales potential has nobody to blame but themselves, because that indie game dropped and nobody bat an eyelid even on Xbox because it was a very simple looking game, with little in visual oomph.....

Also, any game that's 4k on Xbonex, 1080p on PS4, Xbones and PRO is not a game you should support. If a game runs 1080p60 on an Xbones, then it should run 1800p60 or even higher on PRO........Why? 60fps games use to run 1080p60 on base PS4 whilst Xbones would run 720p60 with lower settings too....... This means, there's a big divide between PS4 and XBONES, and much bigger divide between PRO and XBONES........ So Yooka Laylee running the same on all these consoles apart from X makes absolutely no sense.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

You don't need to optimize or get funding to make a 1080p PS4 game or worse yet a 1080p XBONES game run better on PRO...... It has the extra performance naturally.......because it's much better hardware running the same code.
How much do you know about the 4k textures in outerworlds really, what is the framerate like on X..........Is the resolution dynamic or 4k native? Don't jump the gun yet..... Also, based on ram calculations and other persons who spoke of gpu and cpu divides....... Why didn't Gears 5, a first party game, have ultra textures on XBONEX?

Dude, chill. The original info was false. There are Pro enhancements, it'll be 1440p on the Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom