• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in Pokémon Go: cops under investigation, Yelp's PokéStop feature, military memo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that much about the game myself, but I wonder what there is in it to really hold people's attention and get them to continue playing it. Are there goals aside from levelling up in some form, and controlling the designated gym locations?

Uhh, yeah? You Gotta Catch em All dude

it's the exact opposite situation tho. ppl don't care about the Pokemon anywhere near as much as they care about playing it with other people. ppl would likely over report crime since their mind is in the moment
I mean if so many people were hunting for pokemon at the Holocaust museum and Auschwitz that they had to put out a statement on it I'm willing to believe that the average Pokemon Go player is willing to forgo basic human decency to Catch Em All.

Darryl

Banned
I mean if so many people were hunting for pokemon at the Holocaust museum and Auschwitz that they had to put out a statement on it I'm willing to believe that the average Pokemon Go player is willing to forgo basic human decency to Catch Em All.

holy fuck

Pizoxuat

Jinya Ramen Bar is doing a weekly Pokemon Go contest, where if you take a snap of yourself catching a pokemon inside one of their restaurants, you're entered into a lottery for a free bowl of ramen. I actually caught one in there earlier, but the damn Spearow was in the darkest part of the restaurant so you can't really tell that it was Jinya. Damnit, Spearow.

Jinya Ramen Bar is doing a weekly Pokemon Go contest, where if you take a snap of yourself catching a pokemon inside one of their restaurants, you're entered into a lottery for a free bowl of ramen. I actually caught one in there earlier, but the damn Spearow was in the darkest part of the restaurant so you can't really tell that it was Jinya. Damnit, Spearow.

Switch out of AR mode, repoint your phone to where you want the picture to be taken, then go back in. The pokemon is always right in front of where you're facing when you enter AR mode.

If I end up at Jinya this weekend I might try that out, unless this is only at specific locations.

Acerac

Banned
I saw a policeman on duty playing pokemon Go a couple days ago in my town. He was just patrolling a few pokestops that had a crowd of near 100 people. If shit went down its not like he would ignore it, but while he make continues to keep the peace why not play pokemon Go with the rest of the crowd?

It makes him seem like a real human, which will make those around him fear him less.

Skeletron

The first night, we were down at the end of a dark street taking a gym and got approached by a couple of cops. One of them was playing and asked what team we were on, then wandered off sadly when we said Valor. He was like "I got no chance against both of you."

Toothless

I work at a day care and on Thursday, we were at a park so I pulled out Pokemon Go and saw a Tauros by me. I went "HOLY SHIT" in front of all them and then awkwardly explained we all make mistakes at points lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've got it guys. We should give Pokemon GO to ISIS.

Onemic

I find it funny that they find this to be a serious issue, but not the police brutality and racial profiling. Actually interacting with the community in which you serve = bad.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is freaking amazing. I can't wait until it's officially released in Colombia. People are already playing pirate versions here. The thirst is real.

Bratton: "Look, I don't care what the community is doing, I just lock 'em up, k?"

Seriously a head of a supposedly community-oriented "service" like the police saying they don't care to understand what the public is doing and why seems like a problem to me.

Volimar

Bratton: "Look, I don't care what the community is doing, I just lock 'em up, k?"

Seriously a head of a supposedly community-oriented "service" like the police saying they don't care to understand what the public is doing and why seems like a problem to me.

Oh come on. He's just doing the "Kids these days with their rock music and hoolahoops" schtick. Let's not go overboard and make an out of touch person seem like something sinister.

Oh come on. He's just doing the "Kids these days with their rock music and hoolahoops" schtick. Let's not go overboard and make an out of touch person seem like something sinister.

I'm just saying those are the exact kinds of comments that reinforce the separation between cops and the communities they serve. At a time like this it just stands out more than ever. Being "out of touch" is part of the problem.

KDR_11k

Huh, the military just tells people not to use their cameras? The multi-national some of my co-workers work with requires the camera to be made non-functional on their premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom