• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess Amiibo functionality revealed

Kinsei

Banned
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

Wolf Link unlocks the Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast area. Clearing this area with the giant's wallet increases your maximum rupee count to 9999.

Link and Toon Link fully replenish your arrows once per day.

Zelda and Shiek fully replenish your hearts once per day

Ganondorf makes you take double damage.

I'm really interested in knowing if Ganondof will stack with hero mode if the Amazon France description was right.

KingWool

Banned
Not a fan of an amiibo holding a cave hostage. How does one in USA get to the cave if they buy it digitally? NOA isn't selling it separately. And before anyone says dont download digital; this has nothing to do with their shoddy account system.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Hard Mode locked behind an amiibo. For fucks sake Nintendo

Edit: Oh Hero mode is still a thing? Nvm then. 9999 Rupee dungeon is hilarious though. One of the criticisms was that the game gave you too many rupees :lol.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't I feel in regards to Amiibo functionality.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Cool. Maybe the Ganondorf Amiibo will actually make the final fight more challenging.

EDIT: As for the Wolf Link Amiibo, bleh. Rupees were already pretty useless in the game. At the very least, it will help players avoid the ever-so-annoying message commanding him or her to put the damn ruppees back in the chest.

That Ganondorf functionality is pretty clever. More games should do that. Bowser forcing 3D ____ levels into Daredevil mode and so on.

foltzie1

Pappasman

Edit: Oh Hero mode is still a thing? Nvm then. 9999 Rupee dungeon is hilarious though. One of the criticisms was that the game gave you too many rupees :lol

Hero mode already exists in the base game. With the Ganon Amiibo thats 4x damage.

Edzi

Cool. Maybe the Ganondorf Amiibo will actually make the final fight more challenging.

That final boss difficulty was a pretty big complaint from the original, right? I'm hoping they're aware and that they'll actually just fix it in the main game instead of expecting us to make it harder with an amiibo.

TheMoon

Not a fan of an amiibo holding a cave hostage. How does one in USA get to the cave if they buy it digitally? NOA isn't selling it separately. And before anyone says dont download digital; this has nothing to do with their shoddy account system.

amiibo sold seperately obvi.

Poyunch

I like how they found a solution for the rupee issue but put it behind an amiibo. And it's not even a good solution.

Het_Nkik

I'm sure it'll be sold separately. Even the Chibi-Robo miib got a standalone release.

that doesn't sound to bad though, more rupees makes me happy (i hate alot of zelda game for having small wallets, looking at you OOT) though i have to ask what was the max amount of rupees in TP?

TVGamer

Neo Member
Not really interested by this stuff. Am I the only one? Just isn't something I want to spend $15+ (Canada) on.

This is the type of amiibo funtionality I like to see. Fun little stuff for those who have them, nothing lost for those who don't.

I'm still pissed about the challenges and extra mini games locked behind the Splatoon amiibo and there was an entire world locked behind the Chibi Robo amiibo. Not cool.

Guess I gotta find a Ganondorf Amiibo now.

I'll take what I can get to make the game as challenging as possible. It's pretty much the only reason I'm even considering the remaster.

Sounds like the Wolf Link dungeon is like the cave of Ordeals but for Wolf Link and it unlocks the huge wallet.
The uses sound alright, you don't lost much if you don't have them but its' a neat little bonus.

jmizzal

Wait til the Nintendo Direct and we will find out

Cool Amiibo functionality

Those are some really lame and uninteresting uses.

And if it was more, people would bitch, "oh nooo Nintendo is scummy locking stuff behind Amiibos I will never buy a Nintendo product again ..."

Saiyan-Rox

Edit: Oh Hero mode is still a thing? Nvm then. 9999 Rupee dungeon is hilarious though. One of the criticisms was that the game gave you too many rupees :lol.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't I feel in regards to Amiibo functionality.

Too many rupee and nothing to do with them lol

SalvaPot

Its just an extra mode, the game already has:
-Hero Mode.
-Cave of ordeals.

This is pretty much an extra challenge run for those who gets the amiibo. And the amiibo is going to be sold by itself for sure, its just a matter of time for it to be announced.

TheMoon

I know it's useless with you guys but it would be really really sensible if we could all wait with overreactions until we have proper official and full details about the functionality. Not some half-assed mag translation and wonky amazon listings.

Already know how this is gonna go.

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past_&_Four_Swords#Palace_of_the_Four_Sword

Not new for Nintendo to lock optional dungeons. Heck it's a selling point if he Oracle games.

There isn't really a dungeon in the oracle games. You get a single puzzle and two boss fights to conclude the story of the two games, and then it's not really optional. The only actual example of a dungeon locked behind an aditional purcahse is Links Awakening DX which gave you an extra dungeon on a game boy colour (though that was built entirely using colour based puzzles which would be impossible on the original GB)

I don't mind the regular Link/Zelda amiibos functions. Entirely harmless.
Ganondorf and Wolf link should be an extra menu option and included for everyone respectively though. This is another step on the slippery slope...

If anyone has prime, the game is available right now for pre order on Amazon for 20% off/$48 (like all games)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017W1771Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20
So that's the price of the game minus the price of an amiibo and you still get it.
Sell it if you don't want the figure or keep if you do.
You can use amiibos with digital games. Now whether or not you get your hands on an amiibo is another story
All the Zelda ones are pretty common as far as I know. Saw Ganondorf at Best Buy today.
I'm pretty sure Wolf Link will be sold standalone. I think they rated the CISPA already?

Kyzer

Banned

You can use amiibos with digital games. Now whether or not you get your hands on an amiibo is another story

Now I gotta get ganondorf great

Revven

Sounds like the Wolf Link dungeon is like the cave of Ordeals but for Wolf Link and it unlocks the huge wallet.
The uses sound alright, you don't lost much if you don't have them but its' a neat little bonus.

Or, it's just a Cave of Ordeals with Twilight enemies instead. The original Cave of Ordeals only features the dungeon enemies minus some of the Twilight Palace enemies and other Twilight enemies (like the flying ones or the Beasts you defeat to make portals).

They have to account for the player either already having the Master Sword or a certain point further into the game than that for this because if it was a Wolf Link "Cave of Ordeals" then the player could circumvent the Wolf Link limitation via getting the Master Sword before going to the cave lol.

So they finally put a hard mode in Zelda but it's locked behind an amiibo?

As said before, Hero Mode is already in the game by default which makes you take 2x the damage. This amiibo will cause you to take 2x MORE damage for 4x the damage (if it is stackable).

Top Bottom