• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess Amiibo functionality revealed

Wolf Link unlocks the Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast area. Clearing this area with the giant's wallet increases your maximum rupee count to 9999.

To buy what? The reward for everything in this game is rupees and there's literally nothing to buy with them lol

This is the type of amiibo funtionality I like to see. Fun little stuff for those who have them, nothing lost for those who don't.

I'm still pissed about the challenges and extra mini games locked behind the Splatoon amiibo and there was an entire world locked behind the Chibi Robo amiibo. Not cool.

Yeah, Chibi Robo is my only physical 3DS game, due to coming with the Amiibo. I wish I could have just downloaded it with the extra stuff unlocked.

The Twilight Princess stuff is neat for those that want it, but ultimately superfluous. Nothing of value is really lost without scanning an Amiibo, just some neat little bonuses.

sensui-tomo

The amiibo also does stuff for the new LoZ game correct, and should be patched in to work with Hyrule warriors i assume.

Gurrry

Kinda bullshit that for one 13 buck amiibo you can replenish your hearts once a day...

but the other amiibo unlocks an entire new section/mode.

One of these things is not like the other.

Velcro Fly

So do we know for sure about Hero Mode being included? Or is Ganondorf amiibo essentially Hero Mode. Maybe the amiibo unlocks it from the start?

With how many fucking useless chests in this game there are full of rupees (that you have to put back when youre capped out because Nintendo didn't have the foresight for this), and how your max wallet only goes to 1000, and how there's barely anything to buy in TP anyway, Im actually impressed that they kept a quality of life thing and something entirely useless in its own game behind the paperweight

Kyzer

Banned
People who dislike amiibos because they don't want to have to buy them, I'm with you, I wish that any amiibo DLC could be available digitally. That being said, saying amiibos are dumb and they need to stop doing cool things with them or this or the other. Numbahs don't lie amiibo are here to stay, and we love them.

Vena

Well that's basically a bunch of nothing aside from Ganondorf.

With how many fucking useless chests in this game there are full of rupees (that you have to put back when youre capped out because Nintendo didn't have the foresight for this), and how your max wallet only goes to 1000, and how there's barely anything to buy in TP anyway, Im actually impressed that they kept a quality of life thing and something entirely useless behind the paperweight

They increased the base wallet.

jmizzal

Kinda bullshit that for one 13 buck amiibo you can replenish your hearts once a day...

The Wolf Link Amiibo works with Zelda U also which is why it has more, and you dont have to spent 13 bucks on the other Amiibos, if a game has DLC you dont want do you buy it anyways?

The other Amiibos are from the Smash series anyways they are just adding it to this game since its a Zelda game calm down dude

Shin-Ra

Being unable to 100% complete my file would bug me, even if the max wallet is a new and unnecessary addition.

Don't know. At least one screenshot has shown Link with a 2000 rupee wallet though.

So is paying for xbox live/psn/ so is preorder bonuses. Guess what it's not going anywhere.

Woah someone seriously compared what you get from amiibo to the 6 games a month from PSN. Hot damn.

Amiibos should just be cool little figures. They don't need to do this in game stuff that gives people a product occasionally missing significant bits of content because they didn't buy a figure they don't want.

TheMoon

So they finally put a hard mode in Zelda but it's locked behind an amiibo?

Hero Mode was already a regular menu option in WWHD (also in SS) and will be here too.

The Ganondorf amiibo is ADDITIONAL x2 dmg obviously.

Justinh

I hate this kind of shit.
I at least hope that that new area will be sold digitally, or on one of those NFC card thingies did those ever even become a thing?).

The reason I hate amiibo so much is that people go apeshit over them and with their limited availability.

Kyzer

Banned
I at least hope that that new area will be sold digitally, or on one of those NFC card thingies did those ever even become a thing?).

The reason I hate amiibo so much is that people go apeshit over them and with their limited availability.

Yeah animal crossing happy home designer has amiibo cards, we have yet to see anything else but it hasn't been that long either

Did that do double damage as well?
I think that might be OoT 3D exclusive

I see. It may very well be, but either way this is not them finally adding a hard mode to zelda. Been had happened brehs. Been had.

I'm okay with the use of amiibo in this game.

I feel that if Nintendo went all out and made more substantial uses with amiibo, people would complain that they're locking away content. It's almost as if people forget the reason for the figures.

Don't know. At least one screenshot has shown Link with a 2000 rupee wallet though.
That just makes this thing even more useless for tp, doesn't it? Like the most expensive thing in that game was the magic armour and that was only a 1000. Unless they jacked up the price of that. At least people will be able to open chests and take their contents maybe

sensui-tomo

yup, they sell them for that animal crossing game thing. Also amiibos are better in stock for the most part now (with the restocked units) (more restocks are coming of other units)

Regiruler

They're bonuses for if you already have them.

I like ganondorf a lot, because it's substantial yet not exclusive content, so nobody is missing out.

jmizzal

I'm okay with the use of amiibo in this game.

I feel that if Nintendo went all out and made more substantial uses with amiibo, people would complain that they're locking away content. It's almost as if people forget the reason for the figures.

People are complaining on this limited stuff too, even while saying its useless stuff lol

MisterHero

The dungeon amiibo comes with the game guys.

Get it at Best Buy with Gamer's Club and it's like buying the game without paying for the amiibo

oops I just did a commercial

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
$60 for the game
$50+ for the Season Amiibo Pass

Sounds like Nintendo's caught up to last gen trends!

So they finally put a hard mode in Zelda but it's locked behind an amiibo?
Didn't the very first Zelda have a hard mode called second quest?

People who dislike amiibos because they don't want to have to buy them, I'm with you, I wish that any amiibo DLC could be available digitally. That being said, saying amiibos are dumb and they need to stop doing cool things with them or this or the other. Numbahs don't lie amiibo are here to stay, and we love them.

I mean I imagine people saying they're dumb is BECAUSE the stuff they do with them isn't what they'd consider cool. The amiibo itself is not integral to any of the stuff that is unlocked, it's not like some kind of unique feature that requires the use of a physical figure.

I have a Mega Man amiibo myself, mostly because I'm a huge, huge fan of the franchise, love that he's in SSB (even though I don't use him all that much :p), and that up until that point there weren't any physical figures for classic Mega Man that looked good and easily affordable. At just a little over $10 the amiibo was well worth it for me. I don't really care about having a Mega Man amiibo fighter so it remains boxed because I like the packaging and it also keeps it in mint condition (for my own OCD tendencies, it's not like I want to sell it later).

On the other hand, I don't really care about Ganondorf nearly enough to own an amiibo of him, but I'm actually interested in the 2x additional damage. But I can't without having to buy a physical figure I don't really want. And the functionality doesn't NEED to be tied to a physical item anyway, so for all intents and purposes I'm spending $10 for a damage multiplier. If I went to any DLC store for any game and saw $10 for a damage multiplier I'd laugh and close the window. The value just isn't there.

sensui-tomo

I wish Gaf was a thing during the Link's awakening DX days when the GBC dungeon was a thing (you could get to it via using a hack device or use a friend's GBC) but that was a problem then, and hell that thing with MM for the n64. this is an optional dungeon that unlocks a stupid not needed thing for the game to get access to have 9999 rubies (which cheats have allowed for the original game if you had an action replay or whatever) At this point its more that we want to know what it'll do for the loz wii-u game.

Its just an extra mode, the game already has:
-Hero Mode.
-Cave of ordeals.

This is pretty much an extra challenge run for those who gets the amiibo. And the amiibo is going to be sold by itself for sure, its just a matter of time for it to be announced.

They should make the extra crap free, just harder to get. Then fewer can bitch and in theory noone is the lesser.

Vena

That just makes this thing even more useless for tp, doesn't it? Like the most expensive thing in that game was the magic armour and that was only a 1000. Unless they jacked up the price of that. At least people will be able to open chests and take their contents maybe

Well, ya, I think that's kind of the point. I think Amiibo are done best when the stuff they do is completely superflous rather than not.

Ganon is the only amiibo that actually seems to do anything of substance.

Het_Nkik

To buy what? The reward for everything in this game is rupees and there's literally nothing to buy with them lol

Nothing. It's so you can open chests without getting the message that your rupees are full and the chest closes back up :p

But really, that was annoying in TP.

Top Bottom