• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess Amiibo functionality revealed

Anth0ny

You've been on a nonsense streak for a while now.

This stuff's been on Nintendo consoles in the past (you need only look as far as the GC/GBA), but was absent from the Wii/DS due to a general lack of internet capabilities/changing trends. Catching up alright, with themselves from near a decade ago because that's how time works.

They've had retailer exclusive stuff for as long as there has been retail.

So they've always been following shitty industry trends. Lol

Revven

So, apparently from the info that came out today (or that was finally translated) the Ganondorf amiibo can be scanned as much as you want in a day. This is unlike the other amiibos and on top of that it turns your hearts blue. Kind of nice because some were worried that if you die once you wouldn't be able to keep the 2x damage multiplier until you played again the next day.

Seems more like the Ganondorf amiibo is the best one to have besides Wolf Link. The others were just like, "eh throw'em a bone, just make'em give arrows or hearts and they can only be scanned once a day". :p

I wonder if the amiibo hate crew buy dlc or play f2p games...

Perks sound neat. Already have both Links and Ganondorf. Need Zelda and Shiek tho.

Cipherr

None of that sounds like anything I would care to spend money on.

However it is always amazing to read Amiibo threads and see people still slowly coming to the realization that it's basically on disc dlc with trinkets attached.

That was clearly ALWAYS the fucking case, but yeah, take years to realize the obvious and be belatedly outraged brehs. I don't understand gamers sometimes.

Mael

So you're saying they're trend setters
We all are (or should be)
61NUcmQaUwL.jpg

The Nintendo hate brigade has an expectedly strong presence in this thread. At least you're predictable!

Definitely seems as though the Ganondorf amiibo is the best one to have for TP HD. Normally I'd say 4x damage (Hero Mode + Ganondorf amiibo) is going too far in the other direction (such was the case for ALBW), but TP was so stupidly easy with its quarter-heart damage that 4x damage just might be TP's sweet spot in terms of difficulty. I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope TP HD's Hero Mode doesn't remove all heart drops from enemies. The Wind Waker's Hero Mode doing that really disappointed me, because removing all heart drops doesn't make the game harder in a fun way, it just makes it kind of frustrating.

Not a fan of an amiibo holding a cave hostage. How does one in USA get to the cave if they buy it digitally? NOA isn't selling it separately. And before anyone says dont download digital; this has nothing to do with their shoddy account system.

Amiibos are just DLC but its cool because Nintendo.

SummitAve

Banned
So things like getting an extra heart is generally available as DLC? Which games use that kind of DLCs?

I feel like EA has been selling consumables, currency, and crap equivalent to an extra heart as DLC for almost everyone of their games for the last decade.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Amiibos are just DLC but its cool because Nintendo.

No, it's not OK because is Nintendo, it's OK because some of us (a lot actually, looking at the sales) like amiibo and buy amiibo and we enjoy the bonus given by amiibo. Some of you (a lot looking at the sales) like pre-order bonuses, DLCs, paywalls, monetizations and enjoy the content locked behind those.

Tough life.

mugwhump

If it's a wolf link cave I care even less. Combat as wolf link is boring. He's got, what, 4 attacks? 40 floors of that is not gonna be interesting, even if they make it difficult.

maxcriden

First western info about the bonus dungeon via PR Nibel linked to in his thread:

When the physical version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD launches on March 4 at a suggested retail price of $59.99, it will include a beautiful Wolf Link amiibo figure based on the same character from the classic game. Purchasing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Wolf Link amiibo bundle will currently be the only way to get this amiibo figure. When tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller, this legendary lupine opens the Cave of Shadows, a challenging new bonus dungeon in the game. After completing the Cave of Shadows, players can save their remaining hearts to the Wolf Link amiibo, and then use those hearts inside the Cave of Shadows to replenish life energy. After conquering the cave, players can save a record of their remaining hearts to the Wolf Link amiibo and attempt to beat their score at any time.

Camjo-Z

Wow so in America the only way to get the amiibo is from this bundle. Yet they try to push you to their eshop. Only NOA is selling the amiibo 100% bundled with the game. What a load of shit.

It'll inevitably be released as a standalone later, much like the previously bundle-only Chibi-Robo amiibo.

Top Bottom