• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch.tv streaming every episode of Bob Ross [#ThankYouBob]

Which paint are you using today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

Vj7W7OM.jpg

KappaRoss

Loxley

I just missed Bob Ross's show, I was born in '88 and didn't really find myself watching public-access art shows until around 1995. That's where I found the likes of Mark Kistler and Bruce Blitz.

Since then I've watched a lot of clips of Ross' show online, and the guy was supremely talented, such a shame he died so young.

*edit - and we're off :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Everyone quotes the "happy little ____" from Bob, but my favorite Rossism is "an almighty _____" applied to anything. Even in this first episode, you need "an almighty canvas."

The stark contrast of Bob Ross' calm demeanor & deliberate words and the aggressive word vomit of twitch chat is amazing. He says something and they just parrot and regurgitate is on end til he says the next thing, which gets the same treatment. All with icons just spewing everywhere.

thefit

The stark contrast of Bob Ross' calm demeanor & deliberate words and the aggressive word vomit of twitch chat is amazing. He says something and they just parrot and regurgitate is on end til he says the next thing, which gets the same treatment. All with icons just spewing everywhere.

Don't you just love it? The synchronized chaos of twitch chat. Love it.

SerRodrik

It's like staring into the abyss.

I forgot just how easy he made it look. I've been to enough paint nite events to realize it's a lot harder than it seems to paint like that. This will be an amazing stream to watch.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Show was so new and unrespected that they couldn't even get the studio space to themselves for shooting. They're building another set behind them there. You can even hear people yelling hello to each other periodically. And now 30+ years later tens of thousands of people, many of whom were probably not even born yet when this was recorded, are excitedly watching and chatting about it. Humble beginnings.

IrishNinja

man, i forgot just how great this dude was

absolutely beautiful work (feels masterclass too), and the bits of philosophy in between are just....man i'm feelin some typa ways over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom