• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch.tv streaming every episode of Bob Ross [#ThankYouBob]

Which paint are you using today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

iFvsh6F.png

K1YFL6u.png
K1YFL6u.png
K1YFL6u.png

I don't care if half the folks tuning in are doing so ironically, this warms my heart.

Willectro

Banned
People will disagree, but sometimes you see a lot of talent on Twitch, and this marathon really highlights that. And I'm not trying to compare Bob Ross' unbelievable ability and tasteful show to some dudes COD killstreak, but this is just a cool thing to do. It's a great change of pace, even if I probably will only watch a few episodes. Well played, Twitch.

Are there some good examples of artists doing this type of work over stream currently?

Or is that value that we all know what a Bob Ross is and watch it as a community thing?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm literally watching him do it and I still don't understand how he does it.

His skills are god-tier for sure. Really awesome that Twitch is doing this.

jman2050

To this day it astounds me that he just churns out these beautiful paintings in literally a half hour every single time.

Loxley

I really, really hope this bit from Ross' Wikipedia page is true:

Before the show launched, Ross would try to promote the painting technique but with little interest. He also had to find a way to cut back on spending, so he decided to have his hair permed, just so he could save money on haircuts. The perm hairstyle was not comfortable for Ross, but ultimately became an iconic feature of the painter.

painey

When I lived in England I had never heard of Bob Ross, and I found a 24/7 stream of him online. I used to watch it and fall asleep to it. It ran for a few months before it was taken down. This was way before Twitch even existed.

The chat really enhances the experience and is why I love Twitch so much. Not just the troll comments, but the reactions. Streaming is a great medium, it's a shame so many people don't "get" it.

Loxley

"The Joy of Painting is filmed in front of a live twitch audience"

I love that they've removed the phone number and address from the end of each episode, because they know what leaving that information in would do in this psycho internet age.

dc89

I've watched a fair share of these on YouTube. I can not paint for toffee, but damn if they are relaxing.

I'm glad these are on Youtube. Side note, twitch chat is annoying as fuck. Maybe I feel this way because I don't play video games/feel the need to hear what other people have to say about Bob Ross when I'm watching it

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder if this was done to get more people streaming in the creative section or if they just did it cus fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom