• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch.tv streaming every episode of Bob Ross [#ThankYouBob]

Which paint are you using today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reversed

Will have to wait until late night since college blocks twitch streamings. :( I'm glad that I'm going to have a soothing night, though.

dc89

I wonder if this was done to get more people streaming in the creative section or if they just did it cus fuck it.

I think it's a nice homage. The series ran for something crazy like 10 years - I think that was a pretty big deal for something as niche as an art show.
It's almost like a tip of the hat from Twitch to say thanks for creating a creative show for the masses before the Internet era.

Platy

The creative area of twitch is ... awesome

It has like 4 streamers making a PC, lots of pumpkin carvin, a dude restauring old consoles, some perlers, model kit painting and other things that you don't exactly expect when you think "let's see some art"

iamblades

All the
BibleThump.png
s when he talks in the present tense.

BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I like how I look away for 5 minutes and when I come back he's painted a goddamned forest with a creek running through the middle of it.

Zona

I like how I look away for 5 minutes and when I come back he's painted a goddamned forest with a creek running through the middle of it.

That's how I remember it when I used to watch, I'd go to the bathroom and by the time I get back mountains and a valley are just sitting there.

He made it look so easy, if I tried it I'd just end up with a brown canvas.

Calabi

They really should fix the chat it's pointless when it goes this fast. Just limit when you can post according to a reasonable readable flow speed.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder what he did with all the paintings.

He probably sold them and donated the money to charity or something Bob Rossy like that.

I wonder what he did with all the paintings.

He probably sold them and donated the money to charity or something Bob Rossy like that.
Pretty much.

From Mental Floss.
Bob Ross said he made over 30,000 paintings in his lifetime. If he didn’t sell them, where did his army of happy clouds go? We’ll let Bob explain:

“One of the questions that I hear over and over and over is, ‘What do we do with all these paintings we do on television?’ Most of these paintings are donated to PBS stations across the country. They auction them off, and they make a happy buck with ‘em. So if you’d like to have one, get in touch with your PBS station, cause…we give them to stations all over the country to help them out with their fundraisers.”
http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=31206

Hip Hop

I love the Twitch chat.

Everybody typing stuff even though it is hard to view at that fast pace, but everyone does it anyway. Just random gibberish.

S0N0S

They really should fix the chat it's pointless when it goes this fast. Just limit when you can post according to a reasonable readable flow speed.

When chats get this large and you want to make an impact on how fast chat moves, the amount of time everyone will have to wait between their messages will just be unreasonably long. Rate-limiting the entire chat is just unfeasible, because who knows when your message will eventually show up.

The
's must flow unimpeded.

This is so soothing. I have a hard midterm tomorrow that I'm unprepared for, but watching this makes me feel like everything will be okay.

Indicate

This is so soothing. I have a hard midterm tomorrow that I'm unprepared for, but watching this makes me feel like everything will be okay.

I had a midterm today that I wished I could have done better on, but after watching Bob Ross paint several trees and bushes, he assured me that I'll pass.

Keylow415

I've found his YouTube channel and been watching his video this past week. You to watch it when I was s kid. Mesmerizing show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom