• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill / Mir vs. Nelson 5.28.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Maklershed said:
Watching the Countdown right now.

$100 says Rampage / Hamill fight ends in decision.

EDIT: Nelson reminds me of John Kruk

That's all but assured. That fight is going to be absolutely atrocious.

Asbel

Maklershed said:
Watching the Countdown right now.

$100 says Rampage / Hamill fight ends in decision.

EDIT: Nelson reminds me of John Kruk

If Rampage can't knock out Hamill then I just don't... smh..

Asbel said:
If Rampage can't knock out Hamill then I just don't... smh..
5 out of his last 6 fights have ended in decision and he hasn't had a KO since 2008. And for what its worth Hamill has never been KOed. So I don't see it happening. Not saying it wont since anything is possible but I just can't imagine any other outcome other than decision.

ldcommando

Banned
War:

The Hammer
Big Country
Skyscraper
Pitbull
Stann
Torres
Grove

FUN FACT: Starting this weekend, there will be 7 consecutive weekends with a Zuffa MMA event happening on them.

My body is ready.

MjFrancis

Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story is going to be the highlight of my night with this one. Consequently I'll probably catch this at a tavern or someplace like that rather than drop $45 on it. Was really looking forward to this until Edgar and Maynard dropped out - though I do find it unfortunate when one of the MMA mags feature these guys on the cover this month for a fight that isn't happening.

Whether Alves or Story wins, it's going to be a good match.

Hamill
Mir
Browne
Story
Santiago
Mighty Mouse
Grove
Tibau
McDonald
Barao

This will be one of the most entertaining cards of the year.

smurfx said:
shitty in that you have to pay 50 dollars for a bunch of mid card fighters. sucky thing is that zuffa never lowers the price of the ppv when they lose all the big name fighters.

Why should the price be lowered? Unlike you I pay for ppv's to see fights, not names. I haven't missed a ppv since UFC 40 and I know not to put trust into names.

Real fans know cards that look shitty on paper have the potential to be amazing and cards that looks great on paper have potential to be uninteresting and sometimes boring.

diamondstar said:
Real fans know cards that look shitty on paper have the potential to be amazing and cards that looks great on paper have potential to be uninteresting and sometimes boring.
Yeah, UFC 117 was the rare card that was super stacked on paper and also epic from beginning to end.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jackson
Nelson
Struve
Alves
Stann
Torres
Boetsch
Oliveira

BLACKLAC

Quinton Jackson
Frank Mir
Stefan Struve
Thiago Alves
Jorge Santiago
Miguel Torres
Tim Boetsch
Rafaello Oliveira
Michael McDonald
Renan Barão

polyh3dron said:
Am I the only person who thinks Santiago is going to win?

I'm rooting for Stann but I know Santiago has a big shot at the upset. Could possibly be a first round TKO. I acutally think it is a big test to see just how good Stann is.

zsswimmer

polyh3dron said:
Am I the only person who thinks Santiago is going to win?
Santiago's chin is not good. And having said that, Stann just came off TKO'ing one of the best chins in MMA. Don't get me wrong, I think Santiago is more well-rounded than Stann, but if Stann lands its lights out.

1y4snt.gif

Jake.

polyh3dron said:
Frank Mir says a lot of things.

Some people have short memories and/or are new to the sport.

i don't want to play 'that' card, but i've been watching mma for six years (go back to old threads, mostly pride/dream). it was more of a jab at the fact that i hate him more than anything.

ShaneB

BankaiZaraki said:
Same day as my birthday! So I probably won't pay too much attention to the fights as I'll probably be a little messed up lol

And my birthday is today, which in turn basically turns it into a whole weekend of birthday stuff.

Doubt I'll be messed up :), but will be fun nonetheless. Happy Bday!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
If there any other Aus Gaf people watching there's a couple of free pre-lims on One HD at 10am EST.

The Ultimate Fighter season three winner Kendall Grove faces Tim Boetsch in a middleweight prelim fight ahead of UFC 130. Then Miguel Torres in the much awaited bout against Demetrious Johnson.

First 3 fights on FB still 9am start I think.

Centurion

Banned
ooooh man, this will be fun.

quite a few prospects that could deliver. I wanna see how Stann, Story, and McDonald do.

Struve by decision

Nelson via 2nd round tko

Jackson via 1st round knockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom