• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 198 Werdum vs. Miocic |OT| No hespect Werdum time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, what a perfect counter. You can see Miocic has been watching tapes of Werdum.

So happy to see Jacare win!

I think Overeem will be next in line. Good matchup between Miocic vs Overeem.

charsace

95MEtzP.jpg

Lebron has failed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Overeem is too chinny. I'd take Miocic in that fight via KO.

Cain is a stylistic nightmare for Miocic.

Reem's won four fights in a row against headhunting heavyweights. He's been fighting a lot smarter over the last few years.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I really don't want to see Cain near the title again. I can imagine a nightmare scenario where he beats Miocic, gets injured for 2 years, and in the meantime we get another interim belt situation until he returns. Please no.

Ultimately the heavyweight division is a crap shoot because these guys are all huge and can KO the shit out of each other in any given moment, I just don't give Reem great odds to be that guy thanks to his paper chin and weak gas tank.

YaGaMi

He still has a fantastic physique though. Dude looks like a super hero, even off the juice. But then you remember he got knocked the fuck out by Bigfoot and Travis Browne.

He protects his chinny chin chin now even when he's dominating like he was against Bigfoot and Browne. Sensei Jackson has sorted him out.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
It really is time for Jon Jones to move up and slay these cans already. HW division is a joke.

Panzon

First card I've missed in years. Gonna try to catch all the HL in the next few days. Sucks for Werdum but Stipe is the man.

Hope Belfort retires

Ultimately the heavyweight division is a crap shoot because these guys are all huge and can KO the shit out of each other in any given moment, I just don't give Reem great odds to be that guy thanks to his paper chin and weak gas tank.

have you not seen his last 4 fights or something?

I agree if Reem uses the cautious JDS/Arlovski gameplan and protects his chin, he could beat Miocic

The title could easily just trade hands the next few fights. Cain->Werdum->Miocic->Overeem->Cain again

BadAss2961

I wouldn't count him out at all. Reem's probably the most complete fighter in the division.

I think those knockouts from that last losing streak were more about his gas tank than his chin. I remember him gassing before every one of them. But he's been using this patient style lately where he conserves energy and uses his superior skills and experience to get it done.

Oscar

Le sigh.... Me too, me too. Nothing against Cain but I don't like the way he fights imo :(

What exactly about his style do you dislike? I see him always coming forward trying to finish.

What I'm not a fan of regarding Cain is how damn injury prone he is. We need active champs.

What exactly about his style do you dislike? I see him always coming forward trying to finish.

What I'm not a fan of regarding Cain is how damn injury prone he is. We need active champs.

That's what I don't like. You hit it on the head and it sucks. Cain is talented but he is so injury proned that whenever he fights, it shows it. If he maintains a healthy and injury free training camp he would be the best HW Champ right now.

I can see Miocic waiting patiently for Overeem to do the same thing Werdum did and get ko'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom