• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 198 Werdum vs. Miocic |OT| No hespect Werdum time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replay just showed they grabbed Brown by the hood and yanked, so he hit them. Supposedly he got hit in the back of the head twice before that on the way.

I fucking hate these Brazilian crowds.

They can chant "you're gonna die" and "faggot" and the fighters but if someone flips them off, they retaliate with violence.

Man did maia take Matt brown down easily there. Also not often you see a figure four lock from back control in mma. At least I don't remember seeing it often

iddqd

Big fan of Maia, this is not the fight that makes the UFC give out title shots but holy hell would it be fun if he could fight for the belt with this style. Champ with zero damage taken/given

Dumb move from Brown, he should've just kept tapping away at him instead of trying to get on top since Maia seems gassed at this point.

my uncle works for ufc and he told me ufc execs hate maia
I mean, the entire point of having this fight on the prelim is to get people to buy the ppv and probably the majority of casual fans won't understand how impressive and dominate maia is. They'll just be bored that it's only grappling

My jiu jitsu instructor is a black belt and used to wrestle div 1 in college and said that when he rolled against Maia, nothing he did worked on him, he was crazy

edit: JIU JITSU'D

brentech

I mean, the entire point of having this fight on the prelim is to get people to buy the ppv and probably the majority of casual fans won't understand how impressive and dominate maia is. They'll just be bored that it's only grappling
I'm not saying it's not impressive. He's probably the most effective grappler at just staying all over a guy, but I think there are definitely more exciting grapplers like Brian Ortega. His transitions and willingness to strike from bottom or anywhere is a more exciting style of grappling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom