• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 211 OT - Stipe "Immigrant Mentality" Miocic vs Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

The whole idea of oh you can't knee a dude in the head because his knee is on the ground when you can straight kick a man in the head or elbow him in this sport is fucking stupid and archaic

Class by both of them.

Its just making the UFC look like a total shit show with the way the refs are interpreting this new rule. Sort it out!

The whole idea of oh you can't knee a dude in the head because his knee is on the ground when you can straight kick a man in the head or elbow him in this sport is fucking stupid and archaic

No chance. The impact of a knee to the head is so much worse than a standing kick or elbow. It absolutely should be illegal.

Syder

Daniel Cormier selling the UFC so well right now

No chance. The impact of a knee to the head is so much worse than a standing kick or elbow. It absolutely should be illegal.
You could kick/punch someone's head and potentially strike/partially strike the back of their head and cause a concussion very easily.

ron_bato

Dustin Poirer showed tremendous improvement with his footwork, head movement, and defense. Until he allowed himself to get sucked into another brawl again and allowed eddie to hit him with a hail mary shot.

He had eddie there, he could have just picked him apart, stayed patient, and not get sucked into the throw haymakers til one of us drops game

But regardless, that was a hell of a fight, and I hope they run it back immediately.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
No, both are illegal.

Old rules were that if you had one hand down, knees were legal. (I think)

ok. It is just that I was confused from the Gegard Weidman fight. IWhen weidman put down both hands it was illegal. The first knee gegard hit him with Weidman only had one hand down.

Thanks for the explanation though

It absolutley should be legal.

We've had socker kicks and stomps to downed opponents legal (still are in Japan) with zero fatalities or serious injury

You should be allowed to the knee the fuck out of someone unless their back is to the canvas. Absolutely

Whats the difference between kneeing him in the head when he's bent over but without a hand or knee down? None. Make it all legal.

The most devastating damage I've seen from a knee was Page vs Cyborg and that was a flying knee.

gQHiJcG.jpg

ScribbleD

There are a lot of stupid striking rules in MMA. Just look at 12-6 elbows.

It absolutley should be legal.

We've had socker kicks and stomps to downed opponents legal (still are in Japan) with zero fatalities or serious injury

You should be allowed to the knee the fuck out of someone unless their back is to the canvas. Absolutely

I get that its awesome to see in a fight but we do need to think of the fighters long term health. When you are downed and your opponent is pulling you in as they are striking your head with their knee, the force of that impact carries so much more potential damage its not only extremely dangerous in the short term but take too many of those in a ten year career and say goodbye to a fully functioning brain when your older.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw not sure if ya'll noticed but "Face the Pain" is dead.

They didn't play it at all :)

I get that its awesome to see in a fight but we do need to think of the fighters long term health. When you are downed and your opponent is pulling you in as they are striking your head with their knee, the force of that impact carries so much more potential damage its not only extremely dangerous in the short term but take too many of those in a ten year career and say goodbye to a fully functioning brain when your older.

Just my 2 cents.

A flush head kick, which we see on every UFC card, is more powerful than a knee is.

There is no more powerful strike that can be thrown then a full strength head kick. Which is 100% legal

Dr.Acula

Banned
DC's okay, but using a three-man team doesn't work. I was listening to JRE and Rogan says he's only doing 10 shows a year now, so just put Joe in with one co-host I say, because he does so few shows now. He's probably gone next year, sadly.

The man who laid and prayed the Spider says this fight is boring.

To be fair to DC, he's a wrestler that can brawl.

Anderson Silva might be the best striker in mixed martial arts. Ever.

And then there's the only thing with DC getting stunned when he tried to take it to Silva on the feet. They just weren't close in that regard.

Branch and Jotko are much closer in terms of striking ability difference.

Top Bottom