• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 232 OT

Who will win the LH title

• Jones

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Gustafsson

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Dqt1XbhWwAAiZ5C.jpg

Main card:
IjE2uTt_d.jpg

ysIIvWC_d.jpg

Prelims:
d5ywLma_d.jpg

hps5xfZ_d.jpg

Early prelims:
5FbWqls_d.jpg

r3k1uSZ_d.jpg

News conference:

Jones vs. Gustafsson 1 free fight:

Gustafsson v Manuwa free fight:

12 days away and looks a decent event. First fight was awesome but controversial, hope to get similar output from both. Nunes v Cyborg will be interesting.

The prelims & early prelims have some decent matches as well, looking forward to this one. Come on Gus.

J-Roderton

Why does that one chick in the featherweight card look like a fighting game character that hasn't been unlocked yet?

Why does that one chick in the featherweight card look like a fighting game character that hasn't been unlocked yet?
IDK, but that's Megan Anderson. She already fought once for the UFC. I'm not in to girls with tats, or masculine chicks, but there is something about her.

I think Jones is going win convincingly. I love Gus but I think Jones is going to make a statement with this win. Even with all the scandal I still consider Jones to be the GOAT.

I honestly think Amanda Nunes has a better chance against Cyborg than people give her credit for. Watch the clinic she put on against Pennington and her speed and tenacity looked almost identical to Cyborg.

I didn’t even know BJ was fighting on this card.

I’m going with Megan over Cat. Cat seems to be winding down at this point in her career.

I’m taking Mendes by KO

olimariOA

Banned
I'm working that night which is a bummer, but I might be off in time for the main event.
Rooting for Gus 100%. Jon has a personality disorder.

Also Penn/Hall is a sleeper if it goes to the ground. VERY interested.

Last edited:
Since we are doing picks. I think it will be a good, close fight, but it's hard to pick against Jon Jones.

Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson

Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes

Carlos Condit vs Michael Cheisa

Ilir Latifi vs Corey Anderson

Chad Mendes vs Alexander Volkanovski

Cat Zingano vs Megan Anderson

Siyars fight I wanna see, good power and wrestling, and the cards have quite a few interesting matchups. Wanna see Zabit in one of these, and so do many fans I believe, but he's in khabibs camp, and they'll stick together.

Cyborg v Nunes I hope will get to the championship rounds. I can see it finishing before that in favour of Cyborg. I thought Shevchenko beat Nunes twice, so unless she can raise her game (Pennington match was never competitive), it's gonna be a mess and a good warm up to the final match.

Think Gus can stop Jones, he took him down and thought he had three rounds in the last one, he out struck him, just needs to counter the kicks from Jones.

Think Gus can stop Jones, he took him down and thought he had three rounds in the last one, he out struck him, just needs to counter the kicks from Jones.

Gus finishing Jones would be the most shocking to me. Winning a 3-2 decision? Yeah I could see that. Finishing Jones would be borderline legendary.

I guess it will come down to who has aged better since the first fight.

I guess any close fight can go either way. Schev didn’t throw enough in the second fight against Nunes imo. But whatever, close fights are basically coin flips as far as decisions, which kind of sucks and I wish there was a way to make scoring more objective

I guess any close fight can go either way. Schev didn’t throw enough in the second fight against Nunes imo. But whatever, close fights are basically coin flips as far as decisions, which kind of sucks and I wish there was a way to make scoring more objective

They said that Shevchenko didn't do enough to win a championship fight, if it was a regular main event then she would have. So it is one of those.

Wanna see Zabit in one of these

Just saw he might be fighting Jeremy Stephens at UFC 235 which would be great. He's the guy on the right.

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
Why does Ryan Hall always look like he's lost the last bit of hope he had.

I can't say for sure, but he absolutely looks like one of the guys who got into BJJ because he was bullied throughout school.
I've encountered a few of them and they are all distant albeit dedicated.

With both of these guys being out of the cage for a long stretch I don't see any benefit there. Due to that I think Jones will dominate Gus. Gus was looking way overweight as recently as a couple of months ago in interviews he was doing at the time. I remember him getting called out by DC about it. lol

Lots of good fights down the card here! I hope everybody makes weight, passes their tests and we get some great fights.

Jon Jones drug test nets 'atypical finding,' UFC 232 moved to Los Angeles on one week's notice

Well luckily the card wasnt scrapped but damn, Jon just cant stop running into trouble. It seems like its not a big deal but its just bad rep on a fighter that everyone already had so many suspicions before.

Well, show must go on and lets not forget Cyborg VS Nunes:

Last edited:
Apparently its the same trace amount of the same substance as before. They claim he’s not violated anything.

It’s bizarre. I’m glad the card is on

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Oh fuck that. Jones should be kicked out. Other fighters are pissed. As are the people who booked hotels and shit in Las Vegas I imagine

manfestival

Apparently its the same trace amount of the same substance as before. They claim he’s not violated anything.

It’s bizarre. I’m glad the card is on
It is the same situation as before. He got suspended for 15 months. They only claim it's not a big deal cause of the money that will be lost by not having this as the main event.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Haha the gymastics they are going through for Jones. I don't blame them. He's worth a lot, and people want to see him fight, myself included.

But let's call it like it is. He's a fucking cheater with detectable amounts of turinabol in his urine. That conference with novitzsky is a farce. But it's like trump. Even though none of it is true, it's good enough for the people that want to believe. Dick pills, right?

Obviously he should be banned from the sport.

Last edited:
Haha the gymastics they are going through for Jones. I don't blame them. He's worth a lot, and people want to see him fight, myself included.

But let's call it like it is. He's a fucking cheater with detectable amounts of turinabol in his urine. That conference with novitzsky is a farce. But it's like trump. Even though none of it is true, it's good enough for the people that want to believe. Dick pills, right?

Obviously he should be banned from the sport.

So you think they are lying about the levels of the metabolite?

I wonder if the UFC is reimbursing all the camps for relocation/hassle of dealing with all this? Crazy to think about fans who are in town, paid for hotels and tickets. This whole thing is nuts.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I like how a few weeks back Dana was (understandably) ripping on the California commission for licencing Chuck and now that Vegas won't licence Jones it's California that he turns to.

highrider

Banned
Jones is so frustrating. He’s like Michael Jordan in that he’s a prodigious talent, but such a shitty person.

mekes

Definitely something fishy about this and it doesn’t shine a good light on the UFC. Good old JonnyBones keeping us guessing as always. I’ll believe he’s fighting when he enters the octagon and assume news is incoming of a failed test no less than 3 weeks after the event.

21013824_1940610285966216_1833593388299735678_o.jpg.fefbd52410c1461d872de20a6216ef21.jpg

Have any of you looked into it? Lol at Bisping and Rogan on the conspiracy angle? (from 3.52) Guy is a cheat and hopefully makes weight so we at least get a conclusion to this.

Well in his defense, when exactly did Jon not make or have an issue with making weight? He will be there and ready Im sure and Gus is a pro as well.

Last edited:
Listening to Novitzky on JRE now and honestly I don’t know what to believe. To quote the meme: this is either all true or the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. One or the other, I can’t decide which.

Either Jon Jones is innocent or he counts on naive people like me to say “there’s no way he’s that dumb, no one is that dumb” and uses his past fuckups as a “no way I would do it again” shield.

Hmmmmmm

Edit:

The biggest issue I have buying into is the inconsistency between guys like Mir and Lawlor getting basically exiled from the UFC for the same situation that Jon is “innocent” in.

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
Jeff and Joe are both employees of the UFC.
Compare Joe and his kid gloves here to when he interviewed the Aikido expert.
And then listen to them both plead for the public to sympathize with Jones.
Listen to Jeff's voice shake and quake as he answers, "I don't know" to questions while insisting we trust him in the same breath.

This entire podcast is propaganda and it will be one of Joe's most disliked videos of all time.

DKehoe

Jeff and Joe are both employees of the UFC.
Compare Joe and his kid gloves here to when he interviewed the Aikido expert.
And then listen to them both plead for the public to sympathize with Jones.
Listen to Jeff's voice shake and quake as he answers, "I don't know" to questions while insisting we trust him in the same breath.

This entire podcast is propaganda and it will be one of Joe's most disliked videos of all time.

Rogan is also generally pretty pro-PED. He got so psyched over TRT Vitor.

LOL at the pre-fight presser just now. What a dumpster fire.

The clip of Jones telling the female reporter to sit down and shut up will probably make some clickbait articles but it was nothing. Nothing got said. At first Jones seemed somewhat sincere but he lost me when he tried to pull the “this is happening everywhere, people in the audience would fail the test, I’m the guinea pig” card.

Jon “Pictogram” Jones

Dana “How the fuck would I know” White

Dana “Who’s gonna cover my income tax in California?” White

Dana “Jon, let Novitzky answer that” White

I was leaning toward Nunes until I saw face off. I just can’t pick against Cyborg but I think it will be her toughest fight

These tweets sum up the day in MMA for those that hopefully missed it

Last edited:
That conference was awful and this whole week has been a shit show. Jones is a cheating fucking rat and does not even deserve the benefit of the doubt in the slightest. UFC will try and paint this in the best light possible so they can make the most money possible at the cost of integrity and people will wisen up to it all. They should have moved the fight till later, there's no win for Jones in this fight. IF he wins, people will blame PEDs, if he loses he'll STILL be called a cheater that couldn't get it done. There should be no question as to if he's clean and have a nice, clean fight that people can enjoy. I hope that Gus knocks his ass out and brings him down a peg. But I wouldn't bet money on it, Jones is just the most talented fighter on the planet and a juiced John is even more dangerous.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I don't know why so many people say that this is particularly shameful because Jones is the most talented fighter, best fighter, etc. We saw what Jones looks like without PED's against OSP. He needs them. He is a top 10 fighter. Jones knows this, so here we are...once again.

Last edited:
Video of the Jones/Izabelle Kostic interaction

I LOL’d at

“Sit down”
“I am sitting down.”

I am sharing because it’s making headlines mostly due to it being a male athlete/female reporter interaction and people are clickbaiting it, so in case you missed it:

She kind of looks like Mackenzie Dern.

Out of her three questions the really good one was about why Mir and Lawlor got suspended and Jones isn’t, but they were talking over her at that point it was ignored.

Last edited:

I LOL’d at

“Sit down”
“I am sitting down.”

I am sharing because it’s making headlines mostly due to it being a male athlete/female reporter interaction and people are clickbaiting it, so in case you missed it:

Out of her three questions the really good one was about why Mir and Lawlor got suspended and Jones isn’t, but they were talking over her at that point it was ignored.

She was cool as a cucumber, Dana & Jones were rattled.
Jon is right though I have substances in my body that are banned, till we legalise in the UK.

I lolled at the Eagle & "oops I did it again" for Jones song at 232.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

I LOL’d at

“Sit down”
“I am sitting down.”

insanely hot. looks just like mackenzie dern D:~

mekes

Wow, I'm away for a few days and don't really have time to keep up with these events. So big thanks to you JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered for posting the updates!

It's all pretty crazy really. As much as I don't particularly care about peds myself, I have to laugh at the UFC over this.

Joe Rogan's podcast with Novitzky was an utter embarrassment. The backlash has gotten so bad that Rogan has resorted to deleting comments.

I've never been a fan of his, but I assumed he'd have more integrity considering he could live solely off his show's income. I suppose the UFC has played a major role in getting him big time guest appearances because they have their hand deep inside his puppet hole and he doesn't seem to mind.

Top Bottom